Urgent Mine Defense.... Contribution.... Whaaaat?

So, not only in the JP version has this bothered me, due to seeing absolutely no change at all, but this version as well...

Not that "Score" matters much, at least I don't think it does, but clearly, this whole "Contribution" factor is on a "Last hit base". Meaning, the more you end up killing creatures with a last hit, the more points you get.

The contribution is an absolute lie. You can heal, use barriers, etc, etc, on as many towers as you want and still come in last place. Hell, last time I did this (like an hour ago), I ended up in 10th place, yet, I did damned near 50 milliion damage as a Force player. How is doing Damage not contribution? Yet being able to get the last hit on a creature is?

This mission is absolutely broken in both versions JP, and NA, and should see a change. It's not fair that someone who mains a force that does 50K+ dmg per hit, is ending up the lowest on the leader boards. I've tried switching this by indeed picking up crystals, healing towers, and throwing barriers on them, but at the end of the day, if you can spam more attacks than anyone else, (Rangers looking at you, or AIS's), you're on top.

This makes no sense, as last hits contribute to absolutely nothing, other than saying "I got the last hit".

Why this wasn't addressed in the JP version I don't know, and why it isn't now, or at the VERY LEAST, the scoreboard taken down, or removed is beyond me.

In my opinion, if there's a leaderboard/scoreboard dedicated to contribution, it should at the very LEAST, show who contributes the most, not just "Last Hitting" monsters.

Not really sure if experience gain is influenced by this, but me, and my other friends think it's an absolute joke, especially when it's clear as day if the guy who DIES THE MOST if in 1st place, only because they got last hits.

@xxHumorxx said in Urgent Mine Defense.... Contribution.... Whaaaat?:

You can heal, use barriers, etc, etc, on as many towers as you want and still come in last place. Hell, last time I did this (like an hour ago), I ended up in 10th place, yet, I did damned near 50 milliion damage as a Force player. How is doing Damage not contribution? Yet being able to get the last hit on a creature is?

Collect crystals, destroy towers, AIS and AoE more, I manage to get Top 3 just fine with only wired lances.

Score doesn't change anything, it's vanity and since you correctly pointed out that it's not reflective of actual contribution in most cases your best bet is to ignore it. Sega didn't bother to come up with a sophisticated algorithm for calculating score and Microsoft probably wont start with it now.

In turn if you find someone who does care about the score in it's current iteration they can be safely ignore too. It's a bummer, but i prefer my UQ's to be without dick measuring, people are toxic enough as is.

It won't ever change so it is best to just ignore it and have fun.

You'll get your damage done calculation in Episode 6 Ultra Hard. Ignore the one in the mining bases.

Shouldn't let something that has literally no impact on the actual rewards bother you so much. You're right, it's not the perfect metric but I don't really see the point in removing it as like you said, it has no impact. If anything I would prefer they add more metrics to the UQs like damage dealt/heals given/reses preformed so you can directly see how your build is stacking up compared to others or find a good candidate for a build to examine if it looks to be performing really well. The more information the better.

Like others have said, it's best to ignore the rankings. On the other hand, the titles that each person gets can give a more accurate representation of their actual performance and contribution to the UQ.

First of all, pure damage contribution is measured by the quest, just only visible in the form of titles like King of Destruction, Destroyer, or Crusher for ranks 1-3. Those titles can also be overwritten by ones of higher priority so it's not always easy to see, in particular Base Watchman or something is easy to get and overwrites those, but if you see any King of Destruction looking at other players you didn't get 1st in damage done.

Second of all the point calculation actually takes more things into account, (never mind healing doesn't give points), revives were like 50 points or so, crystals are points, destroying laser towers or tower infects also gives a good amount of points. It's just that in the end the most lucrative deal is to kill mobs, especially Goldrahdas or whatever they're called here. Hey you even get like 10 points per first hit on mob, and part breaks.

Third is that in fact kill stealing is over dramatized. To kill steal properly you need to have the capacity to finish off weakened mobs before the other player can get another blow in. It's fairly obvious that if you only do 10 damage per hit you can only kill a mob that' has 10hp left, and you need to be very lucky to have someone leave a mob with a tiny bit of HP left. Most of that's happening is that some players use a PA or two without killing the mob, run out of PP, and then another player arrives and burst down remaining say 50 -10% hp which is still useful contribution. You can get your kills stolen but even if you leave it chance most kills are secured by people with most damage. Players at the top of the score board by kills aren't stealing everything, they're in 90% of cases just killing and damaging a lot of mobs. That's not to say their contribution is actually the best compared to boss focused players or players who kill less but play more smart and for tower HP.

Don't be bothered by score too much either way. Rewards only depend upon kills and tower HP at the end, but don't demonize everyone scoring in the top either. You can also kill a lot of mobs while dying, some people just build glass cannon for better or worse and risk a lot. Don't be hasty to idolize pure damage done rankings either, because in the end you will still see people throwing themselves at bosses with high multiplier weakpoints when they should be watching out for laser towers or infects.