Can you "ghetto" reset your skill trees by skill tree swapping (SG) twice?

For example, you take one of your hunter trees and swap it to any other class, then you use additional SG to swap it again back to hunter. Would this work for "resetting" one of your hunter skill trees?

@Zipzo I am confusion, what is the profit in that, are you trying to trick the system by resetting 2 skill tree at once for one time the SG cost or something ?

@Zipzo Yes, it should work, unless they have added some kind of feature that "saves" the extra Skill Tree's status for each class.

@Dracoco1214 When you "swap" an extra Skill Tree to a different class, it clears all spent points from it, so if you want to reset your extra Hunter Tree, you "swap" it to Ranger, clearing it out of spent points, then you "swap" it again back to Hunter, and it is should now be clear of points and ready to be rebuilt. It is technically a "free" way to reset a Tree, assuming you amassed enough SG without buying any.

@Zipzo Sounds like it should work but there's a teeny chance it wouldn't. If you try it, let us know!

It works, you need to have bought an extra skill tree for it to work though. Would be better to just buy a new tree outright.

@Horosha-Onikage said in Can you "ghetto" reset your skill trees by skill tree swapping (SG) twice?:

It works, you need to have bought an extra skill tree for it to work though. Would be better to just buy a new tree outright.

Thanks for the confirmation. That makes sense. Could still be useful and possibly cheaper if you've already 'reset' by buying a new tree or have 2 trees already for different builds.

@Horosha-Onikage said in Can you "ghetto" reset your skill trees by skill tree swapping (SG) twice?:

Let's see.

Buying a new skill tree = $3.

Double skill tree swap to "ghetto" reset = 100 SG of which I already have a stack of thanks to story missions and the zillions of bonuses and handouts.

So which one cost more to me?

You'd still have to buy that one extra skill tree to swap 'em around though. Can't get around that.

You can "skill tree swap" it back to the same class it was originally on according to my friend.