Take AC off microsoft store until you fix it not being credited

@John-Paul-RAGE said in Take AC off microsoft store until you fix it not being credited:

@Ship04 my post meant that I could see the fault being SEGA, not MSoft. As crappy as the MS Store is in general, a lot of these issues are coming from the game developers this time.

sorry for my misunderstanding thank you for patience while explaining

I’ve bought AC many times. 5$ here 20$ there 40$ even 60$ ones. It’s always instant in game. /shrug

@CryonicGlint681 said in Take AC off microsoft store until you fix it not being credited:

I’ve bought AC many times. 5$ here 20$ there 40$ even 60$ ones. It’s always instant in game. /shrug

Thats good, I'm glad your transactions worked. It hasn't worked for a good chunk of people and I personally had 2 100$ transactions not get credited.

In case this helps anyone. I have spent quite a lot already on this game(Not going into details on amounts). I tried purchasing AC through the Windows Store App and the in-store AC purchase tool but I couldn't get either of those to work.

I don't know if the people having problems have tried yet but the only success I've had is by going to the Microsoft store website logging into that and making the purchase there. I've used my PayPal and credit card and both work but I've lately started just using the Xbox cards which also work.

@flokkeee said in Take AC off microsoft store until you fix it not being credited:

In case this helps anyone. I have spent quite a lot already on this game(Not going into details on amounts). I tried purchasing AC through the Windows Store App and the in-store AC purchase tool but I couldn't get either of those to work.

I don't know if the people having problems have tried yet but the only success I've had is by going to the Microsoft store website logging into that and making the purchase there. I've used my PayPal and credit card and both work but I've lately started just using the Xbox cards which also work.

its not that the transaction doesn't work

They take our money but we don't actually get credited what we paid for ingame

@Ship04 you do realize that Microsoft store is just that a store that the game developers go through to sell their products. And considering the fact that PSO2 is free to play they need to earn some sort of revenue to work on patches and be able to introduce new classes. So the revenue is from the Microsoft store and Microsoft mostly get like 10% from each sell as a sort of tax for using their platform as the market. So when you ask them to “Remove AC” your asking them to remove any funds for their developers. And by doing that you are also asking them to fail themselves.

So don’t blame Microsoft since they aren’t the ones to blame for coding, go to the developers and show screenshots of what you paid to get it added to your account instead of trying to make it where the developers of the game have to find a way to make their own platform to sell stuff, remove cross play between Xbox players and PC players

@Ship04 No no, I understand that I meant doing it through the website Microsoft store has always yielded me my AC every time. I couldn't even get a transaction to take by ordering through the Microsoft Store App / Opening the Purchase page through the game's buy AC system. it would always pop up an error code for me.

@BlitzTank11 said in Take AC off microsoft store until you fix it not being credited:

@Ship04 you do realize that Microsoft store is just that a store that the game developers go through to sell their products. And considering the fact that PSO2 is free to play they need to earn some sort of revenue to work on patches and be able to introduce new classes. So the revenue is from the Microsoft store and Microsoft mostly get like 10% from each sell as a sort of tax for using their platform as the market. So when you ask them to “Remove AC” your asking them to remove any funds for their developers. And by doing that you are also asking them to fail themselves.

So don’t blame Microsoft since they aren’t the ones to blame for coding, go to the developers and show screenshots of what you paid to get it added to your account instead of trying to make it where the developers of the game have to find a way to make their own platform to sell stuff, remove cross play between Xbox players and PC players

That is the most fanboi statement I have ever seen.

Also see https://forum.pso2.com/topic/4642/sega-isn-t-helping-with-ac-transactions-not-getting-credited

@Ship04 My advice when you buy AC is to wait roughly 30 seconds to one minute. For it to confirm. Personally I've never tried logging out after purchasing it on the Windows/Xbox store.

This recently happened to me as well. I bought some AC, I was logged into my normal MS store account, my XBOX Live was also logged into the correct account. I never recieved it... I should also note, I downloaded the game from the same MS store logged into the correct account. DEVs said I bought it from the wrong account. MS support said everything is good, its PSOs fault. I was thinking hard on it and it hit me. I did have a 2nd Xbox account and a 2nd MS account from many many years ago. I reset all the passwords on the old accounts, logged into them, bought some AC and boom it showed up. Deal is, when you download the game and launch, it picked an account for you, not the one I was logged into. I never realized it logged me into another account until I bought something. No where does it show you, and the Devs will not tell you what email your PSO2 account is connected to. After I changed over my XBOX live account, did PSO2 at launch ask me which account do I want to use... was very frustrating, and MS support was quick to refund my money.

@PSEnjoy as much as I have been blaming PSO for a lot of stuff, that one in particular is MS's clunkyness. It lets you sign into a Browser MS Store as one account, but then it launches the built-in MS store that defaults to your SSO login from when you first set up windows 10.

Though on Xbox it makes me pick the GT I wanna use before moving to the character select, not sure why that isn't the default here.

I never had this problem. I've been able to buy my credits and got them immediately. Don't know why this affects certain people. Must be issues with their accounts because i had to contact them in the beginning because there was an error with trying to buy it. Now i have no problems.

@PSEnjoy There is an option in game to buy AC. I suggest using that option and the windows store should pop up in the windows store application.

It sounds like you for some reason are logged into two accounts and you shouldn't have to sign in again. There should be one unified account for Xbox Live or Windows Store.

@SalutexMO

Pretty sure it already failed, unfortunately. The amount and magnitude of the issues so early on the game's life cycle dealt massive blow to it and I doubt they can salvage it. Every passing week more and more issues are being discovered.

I'm looking at the block list now and it's looking dangerously low for an MMO which released(on PC) roughly 2 weeks ago. There's always a fall off after a launch, but this happened way too fast before the game even had a chance to grow and establish its place in the west.

I'm kinda at the loss for words here. The game is in a bad state, like really fucking bad.

@Leaf3299 Game seems like it's doing okay to me. I think they should have opened ships 4,5 and 6 rather than adding more blocks to the ships they have but the servers they have are usually operating at a normal capacity sometimes ships are crowded. I'm no market analyst but compared to games on Steam it would be considered very successful for consistently holding thousands of active players. It's not beating Destiny but with the numbers it holds it would be on the rankings.

Personally it doesn't seem much worse than any other system especially considering its new and in my eyes still in beta