Uncomfortable gamepad sub palett

It is necessary to make a sub pallet called by the left and right trigger + XYAB buttons, as it was on the Dreamcast. The current sub pallet of 10 actions is very uncomfortable for the gamepad. In battle, you can’t quickly select the desired action, it’s bad. Players need extensive gamepad customization options I think so.

I'd have to agree with this, I made it to level 62 in the Beta and found it very hard to use skills from the skill tree though the sub palett let alone summoning the mag and Healing your player along with getting other players up with items from the sub palett or Buffs as you need to stop looking at what's happening to figure out if you selected the right tab within the sub palett and tbh this just gets you killed in events / boss battles. I'd suggest there be some Short cut keys for this on the Xbox Remote like LT+A or something or allow some kind of Customization options.

It is possible to play the game with a mouse and keyboard. I didn't try it because I found out after the beta ended but it is possible.

@Plazza7020 It's possible, especially considering this game is a PC port.

On steam controller config I made a lot of shortcuts for weapon switch and sub pallet, but still, the fastest way for me was reaching the keyboard in my lap.

@Vundar9115 said in Uncomfortable gamepad sub palett:

It is necessary to make a sub pallet called by the left and right trigger + XYAB buttons, as it was on the Dreamcast. The current sub pallet of 10 actions is very uncomfortable for the gamepad. In battle, you can’t quickly select the desired action, it’s bad. Players need extensive gamepad customization options I think so.

Hmm, so in the game settings there was no option to change how you open the sub palette? Personally I have never looked for this specifically so that's why I ask.

The subpallete system is really awful for controller users.

This sucks on Tech classes like Te, Fo or Bo especially since they have to use it quite often. The only way around it I found myself is by using the Steam controller with its L4 and R4 buttons and mapping a custom button layout that switched my face button and triggers into subpallette slots. The only problem with that controller is the camera stick or lack thereof. I am not sure if you could replicate this on a Xbox Elite gamepad but even if you could that gamepad is way too expensive to fix the subpallete system in a f2p mmo.

I played with gamepad but put all my non combat actions to my keyboard. I would highly recommend it. If you're new to editing keys or controller actions for the game. Just spend some time with it and find what you are comfortable with. You can always just got out and buy a super cheap usb keyboard just for the shortcuts.

@The-Question said in Uncomfortable gamepad sub palett:

I played with gamepad but put all my non combat actions to my keyboard. I would highly recommend it. If you're new to editing keys or controller actions for the game. Just spend some time with it and find what you are comfortable with. You can always just got out and buy a super cheap usb keyboard just for the shortcuts.

Well Yes this would work for those that are use to this kinda of thing but to those that wish to just use the controller for shortcuts isn't going to play out too well, This kinda thing is very uncommon on Xbox mmos as most if not all (Tera, SkyForge, BDO, Etc) have shortcuts for using the hot bar with the controller.

@Zone said in Uncomfortable gamepad sub palett:

Well Yes this would work for those that are use to this kinda of thing but to those that wish to just use the controller for shortcuts isn't going to play out too well, This kinda thing is very uncommon on Xbox mmos as most if not all (Tera, SkyForge, BDO, Etc) have shortcuts for using the hot bar with the controller.

I didn't really look through the controller options on the gamepad side while playing. There may already be options there to create shortcuts using controller only. If there isn't that should be something to get the devs to look into for sure. Not everyone will want to use a keyboard for those functions or even have easy access to a keyboard to make use of it.

Yesterday I ordered a device called xbox chatpad, which is a mini keyboard for a gamepad and a microphone with an earphone. In theory, sub pallet will work on it quite conveniently.

Yesterday I ordered a device called xbox chatpad, which is a mini keyboard for a gamepad and a microphone with an earphone. In theory, sub pallet will work on it quite conveniently.

Let us know how that works out for sure. That would add a lot for controller only players.

Let us know how that works out for sure. That would add a lot for controller only players.

Here is an overview of this thing, it looks very useful for PSO2 players.

Here is an overview of this thing, it looks very useful for PSO2 players.

There not the best, Been around for some time now if I recall they were on the Xbox 360 but most people never used them simply due to the reason the buttons were too small and hard to use, Some games are good for this but if I remember right this thing can only be used for Chatting and not the function for button layouts (I could be wrong, Unsure)

I have something similar like that for PS4 controllers (tho with rubber buttons) and they didn't give me the fix i was looking for unfortunately.