Star Gem Expiration (does AC expire too???)

AC expires in JP http://pso2.jp/players/support/faq/139/?page=1

I can't find anything about whether SG expires in JP. The info page for AC in North America does NOT say it expires in NA but I don't know if this is a mistake.

Honestly if these currencies expire then it should warn you that it expires in the purchase page. I can understand tax issues (I work for an international company and hiring on COVID-19 lockdown is a tax challenge for us right now). I DON'T understand silently sniping currency out from underneath players.

@Zizel said in Star Gem Expiration (does AC expire too???):

Why does SEGA do anything? Almost every monetization decision or decision in general they've made on this game has been downright scummy and awful.

• Why do star gems expire?

Some MMORPGs do this due to taxing (Like PSO2JP.) Some just do it because they don't want people to keep the currency / make people buy more to keep it valid. (I used to know two other free to plays that had expiration on certain premium currencies/etc. Usually if it was earned for free.)

• Why are basic game functions like trading locked behind a paywall?

Tree of Savior limits the amount of trading a free player can do in a day as well. (Three trades per day.)

• Why do extra character slots vanish upon character deletion?

At least they tell you when you attempt to delete it. Not that you would want to delete a character if you're farming meseta or need extra storage.

• Why is material storage crazy expensive?

Then use the star gems so they don't expire before you get a chance to use them. The material storage tickets themselves don't expire.

• Why did they remove the ingame friends system?

They technically didn't. It's still there, which is why we have Player Name IDs still (PN47372854632 as an example.) But it's currently only Xbox Live capable.

• Why does it cost money to recolor a costume?

A lot of MMOs, even pay to play ones like FFXIV, offer premium colors as well. (IE: Metallic Gold.)

• Why won't they open ship 04?

Logistics. Unable to do so unless they take all the servers down for maint. etc. (Much like how you can't ship transfer unless ships go down for maint.)

• Why wait 2 weeks to push out a game effecting lobby glitch fix?

See above. Also, scheduling. (FFXIV also is bound by its scheduling in most cases. They only do hotfixes for extreme cases, like exploits that get you free stuff.)

@coldreactive

I appreciate your responses (and your patience) everywhere in this forum.

@Zizel

• Why do star gems expire?

Someone explained it earlier in the thread.

• Why is their a height restriction in character creator?

NA and western world can't differentiate between an actual minor and a "loli" archetype, for many these two are the same, but who knows. Considering the state of the game I wouldn't even be surprised if this was unintended and they just never bothered to fix it.

• Why are basic game functions like trading locked behind a paywall?

Wasn't always like this. Waaaaay back JP servers had major RWT issues which lead to the free player to player trade restrictions, still not an excuse though.

• Why is material storage crazy expensive?

They never bothered to adjust the prices for the NA release, you accumulate enough SG on JP to keep monthly Material and Extra Storage 1 running without having to spend money on SG.

The way I see it, especially when knowing how much better things are on the JP servers, whole NA release is just a poorly localized, mismanaged cashgrab in my eyes. It's actually hilarious how bad things are right now.

The expiration isn't that bad tbh since its a full year and if you earn even one stargem before the year is up you got another year to go.

So I would not worry about that.

Height restriction was due to them being afraid that Westerners would depict themselves as underaged children. Which is a STUPID ARGUMENT cause you would have to go case by case with this since hell, my best friend is as short as a 6 year old almost and is 22 years old so you are telling me she cannot play as her own height`.

Trading is locked to avoid scambots from selling you crap.

Character slot part is just scummy.

Ingame friends system was removed due to Xbox microsoft release and tying the NA version to the xbox live service.

They used microsoft cause microsoft shelled out a shit ton of cash.

Umm hi I come from PSO2JP and I play off an on with having a hiatus of over a year but my SG still remains, so if they do expire this is solely an PSO2NA thing.

WOAH WOAH! WAIT ... WHAAAAT?! (i guess i just spent mine too quickly for it to matter, but still, good to know.)

The scary part is with the broken translations and mediation required between NA and the JP devs, there is no way to know within a reasonable amount of time if it was intended, an accident, translation error, etc.

@Maxwell said in Star Gem Expiration (does AC expire too???):

pso20200607_123759_000.png

What am I looking for? The part that says "expired"? That's your premium subscription that's expired.

@Zane622 said in Star Gem Expiration (does AC expire too???):

<<removed because image is big>>

What am I looking for? The part that says "expired"? That's your premium subscription that's expired.

This person says they haven't played in a year, and if so they should have 0 SG because SG expires one year after it's purchased or earned.

@GM-Deynger Would it be possible to get some clarity on this? I feel like the confusion around expiring SG would have an effect on sales, but also we have plenty of things to be anxious about regarding this game.

@CNJL What I'm saying is that exactly I hopped on to verify and no it does not expire on JP servers if it does expire for NA then it is strictly an NA server thing. There was a time when I hadn't touched PSO2 JP in over a year that's true as I only recently got on it after I played the beta of PSO2 NA; My AC did expire (albeit it wasn't much to begin with) but my SG stayed.

@CNJL said in Star Gem Expiration (does AC expire too???):

@Zane622 said in Star Gem Expiration (does AC expire too???):

<<removed because image is big>>

This person says they haven't played in a year, and if so they should have 0 SG because SG expires one year after it's purchased or earned.

whoops, didn't see that post before it

SG does in fact expire on the JP servers. This is not stated in the game afaik, but the japanese wiki makes mention of it.

sgexpiry.jpg Roughly meaning that the expiry date is reset every time you acquire SG, and that the game makes no distinction between free and paid when it comes to it. I doubt the wiki would have something mentioning it if DIDN'T happen on JP as well.

Edit: Looking into it more, only PAID SG will expire and free SG will not. This is taken from SEGA's FAQ on the JP site.