Class & Candy Box Build

Summoners pets scale of T-Atk (Tech) so you would build your units around that along with Tech attack cookies as well. The Class CANNOT use JA's (Just Attack or Perfect Attack) so anything giving a multiplier for those will not be reflected on your pets damage (as your attacks are considered Normal or Non-Perfect). Since we just had the CBT, I won't get straight into the any of Candy Box builds as I don't know what the NA names will be translated to so I'd like to not confuse people with the JP names if possible.

New Players are recommended to pick up Su/Fi until both classes reach (or pass) Lv 75/75 to be able to unlock the Successor (or Advanced) classes to be able to set Phantom as a Sub class.

For the time being, here is a a skill tree build to use, naturally you're allowed to move things where you see fit if you're not content with the build but I tend to post builds that are mainly set for the current Meta: https://tinyurl.com/whmth3m

I'll keep this post updated as the game changes as much as I can as well so people don't have to dig through the thread looking for info

The "Switch Strike" and "Switch Shoot" skills allow pets to scale on any atk/pwr stat, some people like to utilize raw S-atk/MEL Pwr from Fighter's subclass tree to do a build like that, though the purpose of those skills seem to be some combination of "you can play summoner no matter what class you play most of the time" and "pets have different MEL/RNG/TEC stats, so some may be slightly better with one stat than the others"

but yeah as for subclasses; since Pet damage is considered Technique damage no matter what stat you have them scaling on, as well as their inability to use skills that boost damage for Perfect Attack timings, both limits and evens out the playing field. Among the first 9 classes, Fighter does offer the highest amount of raw potential damage, and Braver takes second place for the general ease of use of Basic Stance.

Once Phantom is available, yeah I would strongly recommend that because it offers most of the power of Fighter sub, but without any mid-combat conditions to satisfy.

Oh right, I also got a cathartic playstyle for highly aggressive content to share, I call it:

Bean Idiot

• Basically, Marron takes 9 hits to reach critical mass for maximum Marron Throw damage.
  • Summoner's "Dear Master" skill has a 100% rate when taking fatal damage to leave you at 1hp, and transfer the remaining damage to your pet.
  • Marron is known for having a supermassive health pool among pets
  • Marron taking damage from "Dear Master" counts as one of the 9 hits to charge it.

The strategy: Actively try to get yourself killed, but instead of dying, you can now throw a bean for millions of damage

Example: (Episode 5 Urgent Quest spoilers) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKCYAjJh9bw The quest in this footage reduces player damage by 50%, so keep that in mind.

Bean Idiot only really works in content where enemies are aggressive enough, and deal enough damage, to normally kill you very easily if you're not being careful. Bean Idiot allows you to take that negative energy, and throw it back into their faces! Also, you are extremely vulnerable after you throw your marron, because once it explodes and is knocked out, you won't have a pet to save you with Dear Master! You have to be careful though, if you swap to another Marron in the middle of throwing your first one, the thrown marron won't even hit anything so you just wasted all of that time.

@NextTime000 said in General Class & Candy Box Build:

The "Switch Strike" and "Switch Shoot" skills allow pets to scale on any atk/pwr stat, some people like to utilize raw S-atk/MEL Pwr from Fighter's subclass tree to do a build like that, though the purpose of those skills seem to be some combination of "you can play summoner no matter what class you play most of the time" and "pets have different MEL/RNG/TEC stats, so some may be slightly better with one stat than the others"

but yeah as for subclasses; since Pet damage is considered Technique damage no matter what stat you have them scaling on, as well as their inability to use skills that boost damage for Perfect Attack timings, both limits and evens out the playing field. Among the first 9 classes, Fighter does offer the highest amount of raw potential damage, and Braver takes second place for the general ease of use of Basic Stance.

Once Phantom is available, yeah I would strongly recommend that because it offers most of the power of Fighter sub, but without any mid-combat conditions to satisfy.

I didn't state to grab Strike Switch for a reason because the end goal is to sub Phantom anyways so I want people to avoid investing into "Mel Atk" so that they don't have to re-invest into Tech Atk or spend money doing so. Thats why I didn't mention anything about those.

Some people are aware of using Marron Revolver (using 6 Maron's for maximum explosion dmg) but it all depends on which boss and how aggressive it is because while you're waiting for it to keep hitting Maron over and over, you could be using another Pet the entire time and outdamaging the Maron throw you're about to do. It's not exactly ideal to do but its an option

yeah; I think there's still some cases for building all-atk on su/ph and juggling switch skills per pet, if you're into that idea anyway. I know a melon with a conversion roll gets a substantial amount of s-atk over the other two stats, but after that it's up to the individual for how much effort they want to put into it.

in terms of somebody approaching summoner casually though, the switch skills give the opportunity for anybody to give summoner a try, no matter what they have built up on their mag and units.

I don't suggest using any of the Switch Skills anyways when it's less hassle to just build around T-Atk only and not have to worry about grabbing excess skills or having to spend more meseta on affixing units with an equal spread to all atks let alone pp and hp. It's extra work you don't really need to do but if someone really wants to do that, im not stopping them

yeah I just mean it's there if like, a ranger main wants to mess around with summoner main a bit