Why XBOX servers and PC Must be separate.

When I played PSO, cheaters appeared on our server and simply killed the interest in the game. The fact is that it will be very easy to make cheats on a PC. So the players from the console lose a lot in terms of character leveling, because on the XBOX there are no programs that record the actions of the gamepad or etc. That's why the servers should be separate so that players with XBOX do not lose interest in the game due to the characters of cheaters from the PC. Even if certain cheaters appear on the xbox, they can be blocked by the console. They can’t just change their IP, like on a PC, and continue their business, hoping to sell cheat earned game money and items for real money in future. Developers can leave the game option by subscribing to XBOX LIVE GOLD or take some amount per month from the players so that they have earnings. It's my opinion.

In Japan they have been playing together for 8 years, why shouldn't it work here!

In addition, you can protect your game with a password so that not everyone can enter.

Find Crossplay is the best, play on PC and make friends on Xbox, PlayStation and others on the Switch. With Crossplay it is possible that we can play different games together or against each other without buying the other system

@Vundar9115 said in Why XBOX servers and PC Must be separate.:

A small bug on the forum. After deleting a topic, it remains with the deleted message and no edit posible after 5000 seconds. Without carefully thinking, I wrote simple cheat methods that are possible using a PC. I cleaned the message in accordance with the rules of the forum:

When I played PSO, cheaters appeared on our server and simply killed the interest in the game. The fact is that it will be very easy to make cheats on a PC. So the players from the console lose a lot in terms of character leveling, because on the XBOX there are no programs that record the actions of the gamepad or etc. That's why the servers should be separate so that players with XBOX do not lose interest in the game due to the characters of cheaters from the PC. Even if certain cheaters appear on the xbox, they can be blocked by the console. They can’t just change their IP, like on a PC, and continue their business, hoping to sell cheat earned game money and items for real money in future. Developers can leave the game option by subscribing to XBOX LIVE GOLD or take some amount per month from the players so that they have earnings. It's my opinion.

I'm a Console and PC player and I understand the point your getting out for the Console Side but please do understand that any kind of "Cheating" on Pso2 isn't really do able, I'm not going to say it can't be done as anything can be done in this day and age but I can say that the pso2 team is always watching for cheaters/hackers and will make sure it won't happen. It's a good idea that the game will be crossplay as myself I have lots of friends on Xbox and PC that I'd love to game with and it wouldn't be as great knowing that I couldn't do that. As for crossplay server wise, They will likely do what they did on the JP Servers and make Blocks where it's only for Xbox Players or PC Players, So in the end you will be able to enjoy the game ether way you want (Crossplay or Not).

As for "Gold Farmers" I didn't even know this was a issue on PC Servers but I mean, This happens even on Xbox with games that are like pso2. It won't change much with making it locked to Xbox Servers only as Gold Farmers will just do the same thing on Xbox, Just look at how ARK is on Xbox.

And why can't console gamers just change the IP? Mine is automatically changed every 24 hours no matter if Kosnole, PC etc.!

It's reasonable to be worried about these things and it doesn't seem unreasonable to have an isolated ship on both platforms that doesn't support crossplay.

And if that option ends up having a lot of demand or none at all will decide its fate.

@Vundar9115 uh not anymore pso2 is using azure cloud software for their security. client sided changes will be detected since pso2 is no longer windows 7 supported. so there is no real reason to keep things separate, infact its kinda hard to hack on pso2 now on the jp version since mods look at people doing 1 man emergency quest runs or the userbase reports it.

All I will say is that the whole player base should not be penalized for the actions of a few who break ToS. While cheating and hacking are severe breaches of ToS, splitting up the entire community--many of which are groups of friends wanting to play together across different platforms--would be a really bad move and very poorly received. This would be going to far to prevent an issue that wouldn't be stopped by doing this as is, and only hurts more than it helps. Overall, other measures should be taken to prevent this, such as better anti-cheat detection, software, etc, which many other games use nowadays to better results.

@Sylus said in Why XBOX servers and PC Must be separate.:

Overall, other measures should be taken to prevent this, such as better anti-cheat detection, software, etc, which many other games use nowadays to better results.

No cheating software is required for this. There is a quite ordinary program that is used in a wide range of works and can be used for cheats in pso2. At the same time, it is almost impossible to convict a cheater who use it. I already wrote to tech support about this possibility. Can’t name the program here and the principle of its work, since this contradicts the rules of the forum, but it is very simple. I use it myself at work, so after thinking a couple of minutes, I realized a bunch of opportunities for cheat in terms of meseta and rares farming, I also was looking for similar software on XBOX and could not find it. Therefore, I do not say that it is necessary to prohibit playing with a PC, we just need ships for the XBOX and ships for the PC, as well as several isolated crossplay ships, for those who want to play friends with the PC. This is my opinion, let's see, what will be the decision of the developers.

A program that records actions...

If such a program was really that easy to use, to cheat in any game in a useful enough manner - then why is there not already some "DIY kit/contraption/custom controller" that does the same with a controller? Not to mention you can use a keyboard on Xbox One... (so possibly even easier to do)

It's an undeniable fact that are at least more ways can cheat on PC, but how many games on PC are actually ruined by cheaters? I would think there would be much more people talking about "PC cheaters", if it really was such a big issue in PC games.

And of course PSO2 in Japan has cross play with PC/PS4 what not... so the PSO2 team probably already have an idea of any likely or unlikely potential for issues arising.

Can guarantee I know what program you refer to and can also guarantee it does not work on PSO2 (or even ANY online game with data that is accessed from a server and not saved locally)

It is not likely that there will be a cheating problem wide-spread enough to impact the every day user.

I remember how bad it was in PSO(Dreamcast then original xbox) when you couldn't even get 4 people to go do missions because the servers were dead, so give me all the crossplay we can get, just because this game is popular in JP doesn't mean it will be popular enough to survive without crossplay here in the US.

I would rather have the occasional cheater and have a vibrant active community than no cheaters and dead servers.

@Neosolidus12 said in Why XBOX servers and PC Must be separate.:

I remember how bad it was in PSO(Dreamcast then original xbox) when you couldn't even get 4 people to go do missions because the servers were dead, so give me all the crossplay we can get, just because this game is popular in JP doesn't mean it will be popular enough to survive without crossplay here in the US.

I would rather have the occasional cheater and have a vibrant active community than no cheaters and dead servers.

The fact that it will be part of the "XBOX Play Anywhere" means there will be PC players regardless.

So what exactly is the problem with cross platform play. I honestly dont see what the point is of keeping the two platforms separate cause honestly lets face facts. Back in 2012 8 years ago. Cross platform play was inconceivable. The technology just wasn't there. But in todays world we have the technology to make cross platform play possible. So agian why keep the xbox and pc communitys segregated? Cause honestly id rather see a Diverse culture coming from both platforms on pso2.

@Dark-Juggalo-75 Technology has nothing to do with it you use the same server and boom instant crossplay (more complicated than this in reality but its not something we just figured out recently). The issue was the big corporations not wanting to open their closed garden.