Extremely Hard Boss HP Lower than Super Hard?

facepalm

I knew extremely hard felt too weak for some reason. Hope they take notice of this and fix it.

@SonoVulpin said in Extremely Hard Boss HP Lower than Super Hard?:

@Neek Well it still feels lower I've fought the boss multiple times and things that killed me on VH barely dmg me on XH. For instance on VH if I get hit by his TP stab attacks when he says "I have no use for broken play things" on VH I die 100% of the time if it hits me on XH the attack doesn't even bring me to 50% HP. An I've been hit by the orb attack many times (mostly cause I'm to lazy to dodge it when I know it won't kill me) and not once did it ever hit me for more than 300 dmg on XH or less than 300 dmg on VH so I can safely say yes VH is doing more dmg than XH.

Again, and I cannot stress this enough, please do not make comments like this without proper verification because this is exactly how misinformation spreads and I've seen this happen way too many times.

2020-06-09_09-54-221.png

You can see the difference in damage taken in this picture and you can also see what a critical hit looks like (on medium-sized text) compared to a regular hit. 299 damage on XH and 274 on SH, both from the ARKS TRASH homing balls.

2020-06-09_10-08-29.png

Numbers via damage calculation. Due to the limited time-frame of the Urgent Quest I couldn't get the exact number for his total attack stat on SH but it is a number around 3799~3801.

You were just getting lucky DEX rolls on your damage taken, you can even see how varied the damage can be due to DEX in the pictures I posted. Maybe you had Deband or something too.

SH HP is like 50% higher than XH....nice job there guys. Luther has like double what he should have on SH. I noticed this the first time I fought him myself, thought I was crazy. Glad others have noticed this.

I think I know why SH luther is broken, theres some garbage in the formula!

@ZeeHero9271 said in Extremely Hard Boss HP Lower than Super Hard?:

I think I know why SH luther is broken, theres some garbage in the formula!

You sir have won best comment of the day.

@Midori-Oku I do love my subject relevant memes and quote jokes.

Huh, well... I suppose this could use some looking into.

Seems wrong that a lower difficulty is more difficult than the higher difficulty.

As the previous week's tier missions required that I do Super Hard urgent quests, I had the displeasure of a few Luther runs where we timed out. Not a really good feeling, especially considering absolutely everything up to that had been fairly easy to get through.

Especially wrong if that "harder" difficulty rewards more exp and drops for less of a fight than the "easier" counterpart.

Ok, this is very concerning. After doing a few XH Magatsu triggers with randoms, (yes randoms) we were killing him before he even got to the first door. Completely bypassing the main mechanics of the fight.

@GM-Deynger @GM-Fatal4866 Can this please be looked into? Surely this can't be right.

From what i gathered from Team-Chat, i think SH Magatsu is hovering around 55m HP and XH would be at around 84m, but this isn't exact. Basically what NA XH is lacking is the tripled HP that JP gave, but don't quote me on that i get easily confused with difficulty HP and their modifiers.

Not like it wasn't to be expected that Magatsu would die before the first gate anyways. We are doing EP3 Content with Nemesis-NT.

@Macmaxi said in Extremely Hard Boss HP Lower than Super Hard?:

From what i gathered from Team-Chat, i think SH Magatsu is hovering around 55m HP and XH would be at around 84m, but this isn't exact. Basically what NA XH is lacking is the tripled HP that JP gave, but don't quote me on that i get easily confused with difficulty HP and their modifiers.

Not like it wasn't to be expected that Magatsu would die before the first gate anyways. We are doing EP3 Content with Nemesis-NT.

I had no doubt he would die before the gate in some groups, but some group of randoms are killing him before the first turn and some before he even stands up after he kneels. I can 100% see that with alliance run MPAs, but random pugs doing it that fast? Kinda worrisome if you ask me.

You have to consider that this isn't like a "wow classic" release (this is the best comparable example), i'm sure it's in Microsofts best interest to just get the old content rolled out as fast as possible, to be able to catch up to JP. The quest difficulty is going to be all over the place and it's a little bit sad indeed to see everything being beaten so easily, hell even Luther can be done by most classes solo easily in the current state.

But i for one don't miss old UQ's that much, i'm more interested to have a current year PSO2 anyways. I had a friend starting PSO2 for the first time in years on NA and he's sad about the Matterboard removal because for him it added a little bit more to the adventure feeling of meeting these people, the current story tab is just boring for him and i can also see that.

Neither SEGA nor Microsoft are good at handling the PSO2 property, we have to take what we can i guess, but it has always been this way with this game.

I wish the game was released exactly how it was released in 2012 and that we could spend the next 8 years going through updates as it occurred on JP. Starting this game at this point is such a mess.

It took weeks to hit level 40 when the game came out and now you can do it in a day. What the heck happened?

@Macmaxi said in Extremely Hard Boss HP Lower than Super Hard?:

You have to consider that this isn't like a "wow classic" release (this is the best comparable example), i'm sure it's in Microsofts best interest to just get the old content rolled out as fast as possible, to be able to catch up to JP. The quest difficulty is going to be all over the place and it's a little bit sad indeed to see everything being beaten so easily, hell even Luther can be done by most classes solo easily in the current state.

But i for one don't miss old UQ's that much, i'm more interested to have a current year PSO2 anyways. I had a friend starting PSO2 for the first time in years on NA and he's sad about the Matterboard removal because for him it added a little bit more to the adventure feeling of meeting these people, the current story tab is just boring for him and i can also see that.

Neither SEGA nor Microsoft are good at handling the PSO2 property, we have to take what we can i guess, but it has always been this way with this game.

I'm actually glad I decided to watch the PSO2 Episode Oracle anime prior to starting up in the game. It is basically the ep 1-3 story, but presented better than the current ingame iteration.