Extremely Hard Boss HP Lower than Super Hard?

So it seems as if (at least to me and a lot of my alliance members) that boss HP on Extremely Hard is lower than on Super Hard. Before I give some examples, please note that the same gear is used in both SH and XH in the examples I will give. Also, keep in mind, I understand there are variables that are not taken into account such as how clean the run was etc, but this thread is more or less asking them to check and see if enemy HP is correct on XH. Anyway, first off, an alliance member of mine did a SH run of Dark Falz Elder solo in 5:04. However, his solo of XH only took him 4:14 seconds. My solo Dark Falz Elder on XH run ended up being almost two minutes faster itself, granted I know it was a cleaner run than my SH. However, I still find it odd that they are dying faster. I can also say it took me almost five minutes longer to solo the Mothership UQ on SH than XH. None of us have tried to solo XH Luther yet, so not sure if there is a gap there as well. Also not sure about normal mob HP, as that is a bit harder to test.

Is anyone else noticing this at all? Can a GM please bring this to the attention of the devs to check?

That is actually very worrisome. Assuming no modification from the JPN version, SH Elder should have ~6.5 million HP and XH should have ~33 million.

@AndrlCh

6.5mil for SH is an old number if im not mistaken. Either way, HP just seems lower.

@AndrlCh said in Extremely Hard Boss HP Lower than Super Hard?:

That is actually very worrisome. Assuming no modification from the JPN version, SH Elder should have ~6.5 million HP and XH should have ~33 million.

Well they did a modification in SH Luther in NA. He is lv 75 in NA and in JP he is lv 70. That mean his state are not the same here.

SH here has a huge HP pool.

@GM-Deynger can you pass this along to to the devs to possibly check?

It also might just be that since the minimum level entry is 70 for XH, people are actually doing more damage than being gimped on SH at level 50 entry so it just seems like they have lower HP but in reality it might be the same if not just slightly higher.

Apparently some of it might be true, anecdotal evidence from our Alliance, more precisely one guy whacking Luther by himself, estimates that his arms have around 200k less Health on XH compared to SH. (1m to 1.2m)

To me this isn't really a suprise, the NA version really gives you a feeling that nobody actually properly checked things they changed. There is also the case of some PA's having lower power notation at higher levels, if that's just a display error or actual fact I can't really confirm.

We can only hope that NA catches up to JP soon, so they can copy paste, since SEGA itself seems to have more QA and that's an achievement.

Microsoft Azure can add or subtract boss HP at any time based on the need.

I can confirm XH Luther having less HP than SH, I have only checked Luther but Elder should be similar. My understanding of the issue is that Lv75 raid bosses are using the original HP scaling that applies to basically everything past Lv70 but XH is using its own predefined HP values from back when they were originally released on the JP servers. As Urgent Quests on JP are set to Lv70, this is a NA specific issue.

Luther HP comparison: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMmmj6yfhBg

Text version:

• SH Luther Arm HP 2,280,669 (+ minor overkill damage)

• XH Luther Arm HP 1,510,133 (+ minor overkill damage)

Normally, a Lv75 enemy has roughly 3x the HP compared to a Lv70 enemy, this means that if we compare Lv70 Luther on JP to Lv75 Luther on NA, we can see what's happening to the HP:

• SH Lv70 Luther Arm HP (JP) - 756,600

• SH Lv75 Luther Arm HP (NA) - 2,280,669 (+ minor overkill damage)

As you can see from the XH Luther HP numbers above and compare it to the SH ones, he doesn't follow the same HP scaling as most other enemies in the game. This means that the same problem will continue to happen any future raid boss that releases at Lv75 SH as most raid bosses have their own set values that do not follow the normal HP scaling. The total HP on XH usually ends up being less than what it would be with the regular enemy HP scaling. This issue will probably occur for Profound Darkness, Dark Falz Apprentice (in TD4) and Magatsu as well.

Magatsu especially will be extremely severe for SH players as his HP on XH specifically was nerfed as part of some balance adjustments a long time ago. SH players will be fighting a Magatsu with roughly 84M HP compared to XH which only has roughly 64M if he releases as Lv75 with no changes.

@Aster-Larkspur said in Extremely Hard Boss HP Lower than Super Hard?:

It also might just be that since the minimum level entry is 70 for XH, people are actually doing more damage than being gimped on SH at level 50 entry so it just seems like they have lower HP but in reality it might be the same if not just slightly higher.

Clearly you did not read that this is done solo and with the same gear on both SH and XH. That's the issue. Overall, yes, I agree with you to an extent otherwise.

I'm not in the slightest surprised at all.

I can also confirm he does less damage. The orb attack he sends out when saying "piece of arks trash" hit me for 372 dmg on SH but only 243 on XH not sure exactly what happening here or how they calculated this but something clearly isn't working right here if the boss is losing dmg and HP on a harder difficulty.

@SonoVulpin said in Extremely Hard Boss HP Lower than Super Hard?:

I can also confirm he does less damage. The orb attack he sends out when saying "piece of arks trash" hit me for 372 dmg on SH but only 243 on XH not sure exactly what happening here or how they calculated this but something clearly isn't working right here if the boss is losing dmg and HP on a harder difficulty.

You need to be careful with saying this because of how DEX works with damage taken. Damage taken by enemy attacks can vary wildly even if if it's the exact same attack and even if the enemy level is different.

For example, Udans can damage me with their kick within a range of about 50~163 damage. The 163 damage was a critical hit which always hits for the maximum possible amount and completely ignores DEX. Luther would also follow these rules, he has relatively low DEX stat (460 at Lv80) so it would be easy to have a larger damage range for damage taken from him.

Only way to know for sure is to compare critical hits.

@Neek Well it still feels lower I've fought the boss multiple times and things that killed me on VH barely dmg me on XH. For instance on VH if I get hit by his TP stab attacks when he says "I have no use for broken play things" on VH I die 100% of the time if it hits me on XH the attack doesn't even bring me to 50% HP. An I've been hit by the orb attack many times (mostly cause I'm to lazy to dodge it when I know it won't kill me) and not once did it ever hit me for more than 300 dmg on XH or less than 300 dmg on VH so I can safely say yes VH is doing more dmg than XH.