The Story Mode got me really sour. [Spoilers]

Everytime I go do a fight on Hardcore, the damage is insane. I struggled but got through it until rescuing a certain someone in Chapter 3. That whole fight leading up to the Profound Darkness is just impossible in my current state. After that I don't think it's even worth going through the headache of continuing this story if the damage taken is gonna be off the walls. I haven't even tried on Casual but I hear it's not all that much better. I normally don't rant but that whole fight seriously left me really sour.

@Diamond-Cats258 Tbh different classes might fare better, but with my FO/TE casual was a stroll in the park, especially compared to hardcore. I've got to the end of EP3 story and mostly went with casual, since I can get xp from playing normally, but I only died once doing hardcore.

Yeah, I kinda figured some classes have a better time then others. I might just do the remaining story as a Tech user.

@Diamond-Cats258 said in The Story Mode got me really sour. [Spoilers]:

Everytime I go do a fight on Hardcore, the damage is insane. I struggled but got through it until rescuing a certain someone in Chapter 3. That whole fight leading up to the Profound Darkness is just impossible in my current state. After that I don't think it's even worth going through the headache of continuing this story if the damage taken is gonna be off the walls. I haven't even tried on Casual but I hear it's not all that much better. I normally don't rant but that whole fight seriously left me really sour.

I don't know what you are talking about but it's easy as hell. =/

Although this is coming from my perspective. I always do it on hardcore cause I just oneshot everything on casual.

@Zarozion said in The Story Mode got me really sour. [Spoilers]:

@Diamond-Cats258 said in The Story Mode got me really sour. [Spoilers]:

I don't know what you are talking about but it's easy as hell. =/

Although this is coming from my perspective. I always do it on hardcore cause I just oneshot everything on casual.

What level are you and what class? Idk if level matters too much but I wasn't one shotting things on my way to the main boss.

Do take into account that originally, those segments of the story came out when people were already max level and geared, the end of EP3 was basically weeks before Ep4 was released, and with tons of events and features coming up to help people catch up and prepare for the next chapter in PSO2.

So trying to do it on hardcore while low level and with random gear is probably not the ideal way to do it, even less so if you have a class that is not particularly focused on solo play.

I did Episode 3 as Level 50 Ranger. The fight with Profound darkness was kinda tough but you can easily beat it by just using lock on and spam autofire.

The only tough part is where you fight yourself which you will most likely get oneshot, but you can continue with a scapedoll provided you didn't die before.

@IfrianMMO said in The Story Mode got me really sour. [Spoilers]:

Do take into account that originally, those segments of the story came out when people were already max level and geared, the end of EP3 was basically weeks before Ep4 was released, and with tons of events and features coming up to help people catch up and prepare for the next chapter in PSO2.

So trying to do it on hardcore while low level and with random gear is probably not the ideal way to do it, even less so if you have a class that is not particularly focused on solo play.

That does make sense. I forgot about that part about being max level and geared.