The game half uninstalled itself

The game self uninstalled itself after a reboot. I had installed something that required a reboot. Initially I had not noticed the game had uninstalled because after the reboot I went off to sleep. Only after I woke up and attempted to play that I realize the game wouldn't launch. I noticed the icon on the start menu was grayed out. Then I decided to attempt to launch or reinstalled through the Microsoft store. It gave me an error of something along the line of it couldn't install. I decided to check the location of the launcher file and find out that almost everything is gone with some dll files remaining. Then I had to attempt to uninstall the game which it wouldn't at first until rebooted my computer again. Now I have to install the game again.

This is a weird issue that shouldn't be an issue in the first place. I'm not sure if it uninstalled or deleted any other files but that is something the software shouldn't do. This should be fix asap.

Yup. Same thing happened to me. I downloaded over 4 times. and I downloaded the last one with pso2 tweaker. Certainty frustrating.

Why is the startup of the game continually starting with re-downloading files that have already been started / downloaded previously? Is there an FTP site where the game files / updates can be manually downloaded and installed locally, rather than going through the congested game servers, every time?

I'm not sure to be honest with you. I shouldn't have to use convoluted work arounds to play. I don't believe there is an ftp source to download from. I know some had positive results with pso tweeker. but I haven't had any luck with that either.

Since my first encounter I haven't had the issue where it self uninstalled for a while. I had rebooted twice and it seems to be fine. Maybe if I give it a little more time. The only difference is prior I had renamed my pso2.exe with pso2launcher.exe back around to check if there was an update through the launcher then I rebooted and encounter the issue.

The name swapping thing is to fix the lobby issue. So I just launch directly into the game instead of going through the launcher.

@N1GH Thank you for your considerations. I have turned back to performing a complete uninstallation, followed with the Microsoft Store downloading procedures and am hoping for a better "beginning".