Pure Def Mag?

What happens if you feed your Mag just Sub Units building a pure defense mag? I know it would be fairly worthless but I'm just curious what evolution path it takes.

I wonder if it's even documented at all, lol.

@Grave-Knight said in Pure Def Mag?:

What happens if you feed your Mag just Sub Units building a pure defense mag? I know it would be fairly worthless but I'm just curious what evolution path it takes.

It becomes Mag Prime, which is slightly more useless than a level 0 mag

If I recall correctly, the Pwr and Def stat count as the same thing when it comes to your Mag evolving, so a Mag with lv30 in MEL-Def would get you the same form as one with lv30 in MEL-Pwr.

@AndrlCh Ah? But how does it determine this if each stat gets raised at an equal rate than?

This is one of my few gripes with pso so far, defensive builds are generally meme territory. I understand why, given the mechanics of combat, but I still wish there was a place for a "tank." Like maybe some extension of guard stance that let's you take a portion of group members incoming damage and turn it into some kinda photon wallop.

@Baxna7087 Just wait for Etoile. It takes damage like they are mosquito bites.

@Baxna7087 Well, when we get the Etoile class you'll probably see a fair amount of tank builds. From what I've looked at, just with class trees, HuEt are close to unkillable (though they're reliant on consumables for healing).

I've heard etoile is remarkably tough, definitely going to have to give it a go when it drops.

is a 200 Def mag even viable in anyway? Not harping or making fun I'm legit asking because its not something I see being done, most people just go for the damage meta.

@Zizel No. The only "defense" stat that seems viable is Dex and only for Bravers, Bouncers, and Phantoms. Units seem to be enough Defense wise.

It can be used but It wouldn't make much of a difference.

Even if it reduced damage taken by 50%

You pretty much can just spam potions(mate) items

@Zizel said in Pure Def Mag?:

is a 200 Def mag even viable in anyway? Not harping or making fun I'm legit asking because its not something I see being done, most people just go for the damage meta.

No Def mag are useless, because PSO2 is a DPS orientated game, most of the content requires time objectives. That why class like Tank/Support doesn't realy exist realy, you can support yeah, but you never going to just support, you have to do the dps like everyone. SO its better to lv up you rmag to Attack or Dex depends of your class.

@Grave-Knight said in Pure Def Mag?:

It will take the same path as if you do the MEL, RNG, or TEC path.

@Zizel said in Pure Def Mag?:

Yes I have one of each on PSO2JP. Very useful in PVP with a DEF Gear.

Units +10 and Ex Lv +10

DEF MEL 1008 RNG 924 TEC 924

Element Resistance All 21%

Resistance MEL 24% RNG 24% TEC 36%

@animeregion You do know that your Mag is not active in Arena Mode, right?