New Recruits! Have a question? Post it here!

So I didnt understand the whole thing with the free 15* weapon. I should transfer the life steal ability. But to which weapon? Im an Hunter and playing only with a great sword. So I think I should exchange that free weapon for Atlas Farder 35+ at zig, right?

But what exactly should I do before? I never enhanced / affixed (or whatever it called) any weapon

@Bilal said in New Recruits! Have a question? Post it here!:

So I didnt understand the whole thing with the free 15* weapon. I should transfer the life steal ability. But to which weapon? Im an Hunter and playing only with a great sword. So I think I should exchange that free weapon for Atlas Farder 35+ at zig, right?

But what exactly should I do before? I never enhanced / affixed (or whatever it called) any weapon

• Grab any junk weapon that has the same amount of augments on it as your Atlas Ex that you got from free and head on over to Dudu/Monica

• Select "Affix Augment" Select your Atlas Ex as the base and the junk weapon after. Now you will see the "Lifesteal Strike" Augment available for Selection. Slect that and the other fice augments you want to use on it.

• Confirm everything (DO NOT TRY TO ADD A 7TH SLOT) and now you have Lifesteal Strike on your Atlas Ex.

• Then you go to Zig and trade it in for a weapon of your choice.

I can't tell you what weapon to get as that's up to you. I'm going Phantom as soon as it hits so I chose an assault rifle even though I can't use it yet. You can change it into a sword for your Hunter or anything else really.

@Vexation, thank you very much for that clearly step to step instruction 🙂

Now I affixed the ex atlas weapon and got the S1 lifesteal. But while the process I lost a slot... Did I make a mistake?

@Bilal Failures in affixing always result in your slots going down. If you can get four SSA's on your Atlas EX weapon you will always have four slots no matter what and it only means you need to work your way up from there to upslot.

Depending on what the ability was that failed would determine if it was a mistake or not but if I recall the affixes on the freebie Atlas EX Gunslash weren't exactly spectacular. You should be able to upslot it and get something decent with future results or do some research to figure out what you are looking for in the weapon you want for your situation and budget.

If you missed boost week due to real life, how brutal is making a 6 slot affix on units?

@Psykhe said in New Recruits! Have a question? Post it here!:

If you missed boost week due to real life, how brutal is making a 6 slot affix on units?

This totally depends on your affixing plan.

Just count up every points in your plan that have less than 60% chance of success normally. These parts will cost significantly more without the item lab boost. And maybe it's useful to check out every 60% success parts, if you're going to use Augmentation Aid +40% there. These parts could have been done with +30% aid within the boost period, so cost much more in EX-Cubes now.

A better point of getting out of the boost weeks is that we might be able to expect some of the materials goes down a bit cheaper. But as for the augments which comes mainly from the Persona UQ, like Persona/Elder/Luther/Appregina/Gemini Reverie or the related souls, there will be less Persona UQs through the incoming weeks. I personally expect the price will go higher for these in the long run (especially Apprentice Soul).

@Psykhe I'll just add that upslotting becomes a little more difficult as your overall chance of success, with a 40% augmentation aid item, will be 73.5% as opposed to 100% (assuming you use only affixes that have 100% chance of success before the upslotting penalty).

If you affix Augment Guidance onto your main unit first and then upslot to 6 you'd be back at 100% overall success rate. However, given the cost of that affix/the number you'll need to get it on your 5-slot unit, I'd probably just keep rolling the die on that 73.5% chance until the upslot succeeds.

I started playing yesterday so I don't have a much playtime under my belt at the moment, but there are a few questions I'd like to get answered if possible so forgive my nubness for these basic questions.

I chose braver as my main class and I've been looking over the braver guide by Ahri but the acronyms are a bit much so could someone tell me which classes are Ph and Et and are they an upgraded version of another class?

I partied with a group of people yesterday and I'm curious with regards to loot distribution... At the end of the run, are the dropped items that are viewable seen by all players or does each player have their own set of items to pick up?

Is there an item list of which items to keep so I can save them for later and sell the trashy ones?

What should I be looking at as a braver to improve my ability to parry in-game? are there any specific stats on gears I should be focusing on?

are pets in the game only for summoners?

Can anyone tell me the name of the 9 tails outfit and how to obtain it, please?

Lastly, are all maint's 6 hours + long?

Thanks in advance for your help.

@vio2k5 I can try to answer your points to the best of my ability:

• Class acronyms can be daunting at first but in a nutshell for the Braver you have a few options you can really consider.

In this case, "Ph" is the Phantom is personally to me one of your best options. This is because the Phantom provides access to techniques (magic), speedcasting, sprint casting, support for critical rate/critical damage boosts, faster gear generation, faster photon point recovery, and better photon point efficiency. Everything the Braver does is amplified by the Phantom but it comes at the cost of needing your gear to be prepared and needing you as a Braver to be more aware of your surroundings.

The "Et" is the Etoile which is a very tanky class that provides superarmor upon standing still for a second, high efficiency on photon arts (up until the third use of the same photon art in a row), automatic healing up to half of your health, and a very big boost in damage reduction. It is a very bulky class that lets you stand up and tank hits you normally wouldn't have taken but I recall that in the context of the Braver who doesn't always have attacks that count as just-attacks (or attacks that can "miss" as just-attacks) you end up not being able to be fully empowered. For the Bow, this is one of the more consistent and efficient options due to its lack of setup needed like you do on the Braver/Phantom combination.

These two classes are coming out in Episode 6 (later today or now if the servers are up) and largely are band-aid patches for older class combinations that help them prepare for Episode 6 in general. You can still run with other subclass options like the Hunter but these two in particular really push the envelope for what you can do as a player with a lot of quality-of-life.

• Loot is instanced so you can see what others pick up (via the chat log) but the drops you see are exclusive to you. Similarly what you pick up can be seen by other players so you can tell if someone got a very rare drop and vice versa.

• Essentially anything that isn't ten-stars or above is typically "trash." Depending on the items you do have, however, you can check at the top-right of the item name to see a box with numbers. This is the number of "slots" the item has for abilities/augments. If you decide to, you can collect and hoard these to see what the abilities are and check their prices on the Player Shop as these are always valuable for affixing. Otherwise if you are tight on space or are not interested in running the market on these you can skip these altogether. Ten-star weapons can be traded in the Swap Shop (second-to-last menu on pressing Escape/Start) and turned into Excubes which are a very important currency. Ten-star units can be turned into Photon Spheres as well which are also similarly important as currency.

I would go further with this to say that anything with seven stars or above (a red star at least) can be collected and desynthesized in your Personal Quarters. You can also hoard Level 11+ disks to do the same so you can craft and create photon arts/techniques (which I heavily suggest doing) to improve your combat capabilities. If you end up with "too many" of these resources you can go to the Swap Shop to turn these into rarer resources or sell them on the Player Shops though some of these definitely sell for more than others. Be careful of what you choose to desyntehsize as you can desynthesize your best equipment if you are not careful (I recommend locking the items you wish to keep).

• Unfortunately to "parry" better as a Braver is by practice. You will have to intentionally stand around and get hit to practice your timings especially on bosses who are ones you can fight often. I heavily recommend the Level 80/80 solo Ultimate Quest (Remnants of a Parallel World) as a "training dummy" to learn your parrying, your dodging, and your damage rotations. In Episodes 5 and 6 a lot of enemies will be very aggressive like this. There is no punishment for failing - and you can definitely be rewarded as you get better in this fight.

In terms of your gear, I heavily recommend building a DEX Mag if you have not yet already. If your Mag is not purely DEX, you can level them down once it reaches Level 100 by going to the Excube Exchange Shop and buying a Mag Level Reduction Device (5 Excubes each). The Braver utilizes DEX on its Mag (and only its Mag) to convert that into MEL/RNG damage. If you take the Phantom this gets doubled as the Phantom also uses a DEX Mag to convert DEX into MEL/RNG/TEC damage. Otherwise in terms of catch-up equipment to be decently geared up, I heavily recommend completing five Recommended Quests (a minimum of two days if you get the presents) and completing nine runs of the Limited Quest (on any difficulty) to get both a free Atlas EX Gunslash (which you can change to a weapon of your choice by talking to Zieg and going to the "Change Weapon Category" menu) and the Ofze set of units which will be upgradeable to a very powerful set of thirteen star units. Units and weapons tend to be straight-forward for most classes so you are likely looking for more fifteen star weapons and twelve-star units beyond that for more gearing options and opportunities.

*Pets are exclusive to Summoners.

• If you are talking about the accessory, you can find them on this page which are under the "Accessories (Other)" tab under the name "Kitsune Tails." If you cannot find these on the Player Shop you can type in the full name (or copy/paste it) and manually search it via the bottom-right search button as you cannot "auto-complete" searches unless you have already seen the item in-game due to this game's method of caching items for the Player Shops.

• Maintenance is typically about six hours long but you can expect delays or longer periods of time of having to wait. This is something that has consistently happened every other week between Tuesday/Wednesday (at about this time).

@vio2k5 Ph and Et are Phantom and Etoile, 2 of the Scion classes that are added in Episode 6, those classes can be unlocked later on when you reach 75 with 2 different classes.

loot in PSO2 is individual so what you see in your screen is only for you so don't be affraid of getting everything.

there's not a list of what to keep and what to sell, we normally go for rarity however that will only be important later on, in the point that you are just use the best you find and sell the rest.

in the moment focus in learning how to use all Braver skills and parry, gear is important only after level 60.

pets can only be used by Summoner's weapon Harmonizer, it is possible to be used with other classes but you need to have a Harmonizer that is not restricted to Summoner only, other classes have similar weapons that can be used by any class.

there's no nine tails outfit, but there's an accessory that give the tails, however the only way to acquire it is from another player and they sell the ticket accessory for a really high price

not all maintenances take that much time, is just that this one is a new episode being added, a seasonal event and several campaigns ending at the same time, also the validation of files being changed on Steam and probably MS Store so it ended up being more time that they planned.

@vio2k5 said in New Recruits! Have a question? Post it here!:

which classes are Ph and Et and are they an upgraded version of another class?

Ph = Phantom, Et = Etoile

It's generally accepted that Phantom is an upgraded form of Fighter when it comes to being a sub-class.

I partied with a group of people yesterday and I'm curious with regards to loot distribution... At the end of the run, are the dropped items that are viewable seen by all players or does each player have their own set of items to pick up?

Everyone has their own loot. Period. Always, forever. You cannot see other people's loot unless it's shown in chat. You will never be able to pick up others' loot.

Is there an item list of which items to keep so I can save them for later and sell the trashy ones?

Blue/green rarity weapons and units/armor are all trash. (Unless it's an EXP Weapon, but you have to buy those with special currencies.)

are pets in the game only for summoners?

No. You can have a summoner as a sub and have force main (with the appropriate Force/Summoner harmonizer), or an all-class harmonizer. Techer (Te)/Summoner (Su) is a viable hybrid support.

Lastly, are all maint's 6 hours + long?

Not always.

Any idea how to unlock the 5th Recommended Quest for Atlas Alz Ex weapon? Cause I only have 4 quest and I already got 4 Special Present

@neeson You'll have to wait for tomorrow's set of recommended quests, which should be here in 4 hours iirc.

@Rang-Dipkin oh thats how it works. Thank you