@RainGnyu said in New Recruits! Have a question? Post it here!:
I need some help!
I got an Atlas Gunblade (S4Lifesteal) and trying to get it to 8 Slots so I can pull the S4 but have not been successful enough! I need everything you got to help this happy ending quest come true!
I'm not an affixing guru and have found this task too daunting to try personally, but the best I can offer is:
- Definitely affix a S1, S2, S3, and S4 prior to upslotting as these will remain at 100% through the whole process (thereby improving your cumulative rate of success)
- Definitely spend 100 Ex-cubes for a 40% augmentation aid...this is where it'll get pricey over time
- Definitely affix augments that are 100% before the upslotting penalty
- And then I'd explore adding Augment Guidance to the Gunblade prior to upslotting. My reading of the visiphone suggests this will give you an extra 5% success, but only if equipped on your base weapon at the start (i.e. can't be on a fodder). These were dropping in the Halloween UQ so they may still be reasonably priced, though 7-slots will probably cost a good chunk of change and you'll want a few to add it to your base. Playing in the simulator, it looks like 2 on fodder will give you a 90% success rate of transferring it with a 40% aug aid, but with 3 on fodder you can get up to 100% success with a 30% aug aid item.
- There's also a bonus from using fodder that are the same as your base, but you'd never want to waste your stones making 2 extra gunblades you'll destroy while upslotting...
Rumor has it there may be a boost week coming up right before Ep6 launches so I'd probably wait for that and just throw Ex-cubes at it without worrying about Augment Guidance. Here are some numbers from the simulator though:
With no boost week, your cumulative rate of success will be:
- 31.64% with Augment Guidance
- 24.01% without
But if we get a 10% boost week:
- 52.20% with Augment Guidance
- 40.96% without
And if we get a 15% boost week:
- 65.61% with Augment Guidance
- 52.20% without
Though after writing all that it just feels like it'd be easier to buy an 8-slot Val and change its type at Zig to be whatever you want and then swap the S4 over from the Gunblade at Monica.