New Recruits! Have a question? Post it here!

what do i need if i want to make a weapon tec and light i know stuff drops a lot and i can set that when i identify can change it to light that way. but if trying to keep stats oof a say a staff drop that has 7 augments on it can use but its melle and fire res how do i change that without loosing the 7 augments

@OafishTooth3027 You need to reaffix the Weapon to change from MEL augments to TEC augments, and that will always have the risk of losing slots unless your augments have a 100% transfer rate (like SAFs).

As for the element, you need one of the Support Items that changes to your desired element, and use it when enhancing the Weapon.

@AndrlCh said in New Recruits! Have a question? Post it here!:

@RainGnyu They do not; only the higher leveled of the two will be active.

Thank you!

@OafishTooth3027 Adding to the points AndrlCh made.

The particular item you need to change weapon element to light is "Elemental Transition (Light)". Buy this on personal shops and use it at the confirmation dialog of weapon enhancement.

element transition.jpg

Note that Elemental Transition (Light) tends to be more expensive than the transition items for other elements, due to its demand.

The screenshot above is using transition item to Lightning, since I didn't have Light in stock and the price is too high that I don't want to buy it just for illustration.

just one more thing this is gonna seem really stupid but how do tell mel affix apart from tec affix I mean besides the sword gun and staff icons like do I change might or something.

@OafishTooth3027 On the third tab of the Weapon's/Unit's item description, you will see a list of the Augments that are on it in two columns; the right side shows you the total stats added by the all the Augments, while the left side will allow you to open each Augment and see what stats they individually give.

Also, here is a list of Augments and the stats/effects they give: https://pso2na.arks-visiphone.com/wiki/List_of_Augments

im using Xbox I've tried doing the details thing but I've never figured out how to actually see info. I can switch between the tabs but can't see to like click anything to see what it does.

for me it has stuff like when you in character creation screen when you have to move dow and expand area but i cant seem to do that.

@OafishTooth3027 You need to bring the item description window as the focus; I believe the button to do so is "Y" while you hovering over the item in your Inventory/Storage.

EDIT: It is Left Trigger.

I have some question about star gems. Are star gems bind to one character? Whats the point of star gem tickets? Why not give us star gems flat out instead of adding a item to our inventory? Is it wise to hoard star gem tickets in my inventory just in case i make a new character? Is there a penalty for not using star gems cause of lack of play time will it decay if I'm unable to play for a month or so? I tried looking up information for this stuff but the only info i found was "how to get star gems." and "what are star gems used for?"

@Cloudonpot

Star gems aren’t bound to character, they’re an account-wide currency but if you have unused star gem tickets those will stay in your inventory until used.

V person below answered the rest

@Cloudonpot SG tickets don't expire, but SG itself does if you don't use it within one year of the last time you gained SG.

@Milk said in New Recruits! Have a question? Post it here!:

@Cloudonpot

Star gems aren’t bound to character, they’re an account-wide currency but if you have unused star gem tickets those will stay in your inventory until used.

V person below answered the rest

@AndrlCh said in New Recruits! Have a question? Post it here!:

@Cloudonpot SG tickets don't expire, but SG itself does if you don't use it within one year of the last time you gained SG.

Cool, glad to know this stuff. Last question with the info provided about tickets are they tradable? I wanted to give my brother Thor hammer but its not tradable and hes in the same situation I'm in but with even less time to play and i was thinking i could give him my tickets and he could try hes luck.

@Cloudonpot SG Tickets are not tradable.