How DO I Get Better Units?

Seriously; I've asked before in various threads with no real reply (or it was buried in lots of chatter & I missed it) but I'm now level 52 Braver/Hunter (So I can use this Nox katana), and I get 2-3 hit killed in SH.

But SH is also only dropping 2-3 star Units. Which are WORSE than what I have. So where do I find better units so I can stop being the squish?

Specific enemies usually drop units specific to them, which have appearances based off of them, and they often contain set effects that are useful going forward; here's a list with unit sets, and their set effects, including which enemies drop them! Buying them off the player market is also another option: https://pso2.arks-visiphone.com/wiki/Unit_Sets_List

People seem to be gunning for Saiki or Brissa units from what I can tell, and those can also be dropped by enemies but they are pretty rare so it may take a bit of patience!

@Aviarei Oh. I tlooks like most the low-level sets do the exact same things, just to varying amounts boosted. Huh.

The easiest go-to set of high end Units is the Brissa Set, just because they can be purchased from the Rising Badge Shop, in addition to them being drops from enemies. Rising Badge 1 has mostly been obtained from the Mission Passes, but they also drop from the Elder UQ.

@Eguzky said in How DO I Get Better Units?:

@Aviarei Oh. I tlooks like most the low-level sets do the exact same things, just to varying amounts boosted. Huh.

Yeah, I think the differences between them are mostly in defenses only! If finding the units is difficult since most of the enemies that drop the better ones are in SH+, I know you mentioned that you needed the melee defense from fighter sub to equip your katana, but it may be worth it to work on your hunter sub for survival if these units aren't doing it for you until that sub can also provide the melee defense you need for the nox katana, then use that survival to hunt for the units you need to survive with Br/Fi!

EDIT: Though it looks like you did switch, sorry for not keeping up; are you using the halfline automate and iron will hunter skills?

They made a Na wiki for the Na player, because some weapons doesn't have the same state. Exemple Elder Riflle is 12* here and its betther then most of the 13* here, and some shop are different here and drops too.

https://pso2na.arks-visiphone.com/wiki/Units

@Aviarei I did not switch, I just put in the wrong class. XD I'm Brv/Fight

I should switch, yeah. I need to level Fighter a bit first, though.

@Eguzky said in How DO I Get Better Units?:

@Aviarei I did not switch, I just put in the wrong class. XD I'm Brv/Fight

I should switch, yeah. I need to level Fighter a bit first, though.

That's fair enough! When you do start leveling hunter, I'd definitely recommend gunning for the iron will and automate halfline skills first- your survival goes up considerably with those since iron will can keep you from dying from a fatal blow, and automate halfline will, in most cases, use one of your mate items to heal you automatically when you go below 50 HP - I was able to survive well into SH with sub-par units with those skills on my hunter until I could get the units I needed!

I'm getting a fair handful of reasonably workable units up to 10* from Wind & Rain SH but it's only just getting into the territory of being as useful as the two free units (considering their augments while often good just aren't that good) so if you're using those that probably still won't be much of an upgrade.

Low-medium level sets just really don't seem worth it. Nobody would explain why the likes of a Varder set were worth it despite being a statistical downgrade. I think that's bad advice at the moment.

It seems that when people are thinking of set bonuses, they're thinking of specific high-tier stuff like Brissa(sp?) which is likely because they are good units in and of themselves as much as the set bonuses they can provide.

@AndrlCh said in How DO I Get Better Units?:

The easiest go-to set of high end Units is the Brissa Set, just because they can be purchased from the Rising Badge Shop, in addition to them being drops from enemies. Rising Badge 1 has mostly been obtained from the Mission Passes, but they also drop from the Elder UQ.

This explains something then. For everything everyone has been saying about having Rising Weapons badges up the wazoo, I have relatively few compared to say Unique badges. I can easily get a weapon from the Unique trade (not that it'd help, no jet boots) but am not close to anything Rising.

But as a PC player who missed out on seasons 1 and 2 entirely and being limited to tier 23 on season 3, I've only had access to 9 of the (I'm guessing) 36 Rising I badges from there. Meanwhile Elder UQ on VH wasn't an option in the first few days due to not being level 40+, and after a few days of starting to be able to get them there, he got replaced by Luther. Meanwhile Unique badges are still flowing in.

I'm sure we'll be given plenty of opportunities to obtain Rising badges soon, but if the purpose of the advice is to help out new players who have yet to really been given the means to get them, it might be worth keeping this in mind.

Welp, I got Hunter to 16 & now can go Brv/Hun while keeping my Nox katana. So now to Unit hunt.