inappropriate symbol art spam

@Blade-Syphon said in inappropriate symbol art spam:

Honestly, starting PSO2 and seeing Symbol Art be just as offensive, gratuitous, and hilarious as it was back in PSO one really made me feel immediately at home in the game.

People here know how to have fun and not take life seriously, it's a welcome breath of fresh air from games like FFXIV, where I swear you feel like you're walking on eggshells because heaven forfend you upset one person, and they report you thanks to SE's ridiculous Terms of Service (where you can literally be reported and suspended for dropping a group early, or criticizing someone's play style or strategy).

Damn i've heard stories about FF14 but i didn't expected that.

Being overzealous can be really stupidly bad.

@Dracoco1214 Honetly it is rare for someone to actually report you for that, but sadly it does happen. Their ToS was updated so that, essentially, if you aren't 100% positive and optimistic, you can be reported for poor behavior and harassment.

It's annectdotal, but my Free Company (Alliance) had a member who literally whispered me saying I was being too pessimistic about the game when I said I didn't like playing one of the jobs, and that I wasn't contributing to a positive game play experience, and that I should keep my negative opinions of the game out of Free Company chat. Sadly, while anecdotal, this isn't really uncommon in XIV.

The playerbase is simply incredibly sensitive for whatever reason, and it kind of sucks the fun and community out of the game. It's like a Reddit forum turned up to eleven sometimes.

I wanna see the hentai symbol arts 😞

It's annectdotal, but my Free Company (Alliance) had a member who literally whispered me saying I was being too pessimistic about the game when I said I didn't like playing one of the jobs, and that I wasn't contributing to a positive game play experience, and that I should keep my negative opinions of the game out of Free Company chat. Sadly, while anecdotal, this isn't really uncommon in XIV.

What is wrong with those peoples, it feel like a sect lol.

@Dracoco1214

Part of it is just being the Final Fantasy fanbase all shoved into one game, and the other being that, as I said, they are incredibly sensitive in XIV. The game's official forums don't allow negative criticism to the game, the game's ToS don't allow negative criticism, and the community as a whole doesn't want to hear negative criticisms of the game.

It's sad too, because while XIV can be fun, it's growing into more and more of a deeply flawed game because the Developers refuse to listen to feedback, and actively silence any negative feedback on the forums so they can live in an echo chamber. It's a pretty stark contrast to PSO2 and Sega to be honest.

@Blade-Syphon As a big ass FF fan myself (i mean considering i played like every FF from 1 to 12 and some others is enough for such an entitlement) it's pretty sad to see that kind of crap happening to a company like Square (note i'm not gonna call them Square Enix because it's just not the same company anymore (Neither is Enix btw)) and this is also reflected with games like DFF NT prematurely losing support or Final Fantasy Mobius straight up closing (it was Gacha so honeslty kinda whatever to me but it was an actual good game ignoring that fact). Companies really does lose it over time.

@Vaden Rated T for Teen.

@John-Paul-RAGE said in inappropriate symbol art spam:

@Vaden Rated T for Teen.

rated T for titties.

@Blade-Syphon Yeah that is one thing making me only play with specific people and not talk to anyone at all anymore in XIV.

@Ship04 hentai anatomy is grossly disproportionate and lends credibility to the sheltered dungeon theory.

@John-Paul-RAGE Honestly i always hated big boobs, not really big ass but there is limits i suppose.

Well it think it's time to sleep why am i speaking about that even?

@Dracoco1214 said in inappropriate symbol art spam:

Honestly, starting PSO2 and seeing Symbol Art be just as offensive, gratuitous, and hilarious as it was back in PSO one really made me feel immediately at home in the game.

People here know how to have fun and not take life seriously, it's a welcome breath of fresh air from games like FFXIV, where I swear you feel like you're walking on eggshells because heaven forfend you upset one person, and they report you thanks to SE's ridiculous Terms of Service (where you can literally be reported and suspended for dropping a group early, or criticizing someone's play style or strategy).

Damn i've heard stories about FF14 but i didn't expected that.

Being overzealous can be really stupidly bad.

It was one of the reasons I left ... I never really communicated in such a way but I saw how very guarded people were. This was also the reason voice chat became almost mandatory for many guilds and in-game chat became very quiet. I was tired of the thought police and the tension every time people communicated in-game. It is a wonderful game, don't get me wrong, but the community is FORCED to be "nice" and are not their true selves. As such, I hung out with my clique and once they moved on to other games, there was no reason for me to expand to another group for that off chance someone could get me banned for "vigorous banter." I would rather an honest game than an illusion. Just my two cents.

The problem is when I decide to stream this game, I watch a concert, then I get 3 people spamming anime boobs, or worse, on my screen. That means I'm not allowed to watch symbol arts any time I decide to stream because a small fraction of the community are edgy manchildren and it's unfortunate I can't look at funny symbol art or share them.

I also dislike the amount of abuse the symbol art I have seen so far from quite an amount of people (especially during concert/group events for trolls to get a reaction from people) too especially what I've seen in the EN servers compared to JP servers. There's been some that's not exactly a joke anymore tbh.

The symbol art issue has been a plague even in JP but the thing is it was contained, usually within a block that the community unconsciously designated as that block people avoid. While few times it can show up in player shop, it remains a minority of Western players doing it compared to the entire playerbase.

While PC release is very new, and the increasing rate of symbol art abuse was something the community should already expected (because this is the West) even before being officially released, due to it being easily exploitable by people using it to troll or get unwarranted attention from others. Right now, with PSO2 EN having a large player population, you will see a higher amount of symbol art abuse but keep in mind that these abuse is always the minority group doing them.

If SEGA didn't disable the use of symbol art when it was released in the West like how many of the similar chat systems (like draw chat, or image link) other MMO games have disabled when released in the west, they most likely won't disable it ever.

You'll just have to grit your teeth, and endure/report/block it if you don't have symbol arts turned off. And for anyone who is a streamer, you'll just have to turn symbol art off so you can be safe from a ban.

@Wusscake said in inappropriate symbol art spam:

The problem is when I decide to stream this game, I watch a concert, then I get 3 people spamming anime boobs, or worse, on my screen. That means I'm not allowed to watch symbol arts any time I decide to stream because a small fraction of the community are edgy manchildren and it's unfortunate I can't look at funny symbol art or share them.

congrats, You understand what it means to be a streamer... Blocking chat with ui so no one spams the insta ban word in text chat... That's usually what facecams are covering... Why is this any different?

Instead of asking for game companies to curtail systems for you why not actively protect YOURSELF.

You CHOSE to stream not the people playing with you. I mean shit I much rather have them spamming dicks and shit than you profiting off interactions in-game with sometimes unsuspecting players.

"small fraction of the community are edgy manchildren" Well small fraction of the community are streamers so...