inappropriate symbol art spam

As long as the symbol system is around and people have freedom to basically draw whatever they like, it will keep happening, they can permanently fix this issues through the removal of the symbol system, but there is no need to do that, you can already disable it yourself, you can also block and report the person too.

But please, if some of you are thinking of just removing the symbol art, just disable it yourself, administrators can only do so much to filter this stuff out. You have been given tools already to deal with it yourself, use them.

@SonoVulpin said in inappropriate symbol art spam:

@Shadowen It not like this even takes developers time to moderate this. They can easily have the same community managers that monitor their forums monitor the in-game chat. You act like it will take a lot of resources and man power to establish a small team of monitors that check report logs and issue bans to users that can clearly be seen spamming inappropriate symbol art over and over and over again across all chat logs. An ban can be as simple as chat bans I know there a system in place that allows them to temp ban users from using chat and posting symbol art.

And you act like this even something to worry about....Just block and done. If JP and SEA player can handle such thing, why can't you?

@Shadowen said in inappropriate symbol art spam:

If JP and SEA player can handle such thing, why can't you?

I'll preface this by saying I don't personally display the lewd arts, but I'm not bothered by it in the least either.

Why can't they handle it? Because people are snowflakes nowadays. Americans have no problem with watching a person get killed hundreds of different ways in films or games, but HEAVEN FORBID if a nip happens to slip! It's national news for weeks. This country is just ass-backwards.

@Alineah Archeage had an even easier image importing feature that didn't just allow players to create inappropriate picture but just straight up import them into the game and place them on their ships, houses, guild mansions, cars, outfits, emotes, etc. And a small monitor team at Trion were easily able to catch and remove all inappropriate pictures within hours of them being in the game. So no removing symbol art isn't the only solution. APB reloaded even had the exact same system for creating player made designs and they were even able to remove and ban anyone that created inappropriate images within a few hours of the images being created.

@Shadowen An who says the Japaneses community just ignores it? Just because the monitors on Japaneses version don't care to moderate their game for inappropriate symbol art don't mean we should accept that here. That like saying "Well there doing a shit job so it ok if we do too.". And as for why I can't ignore it is simple because I can't go 2 sec in game without half my screen being covered in inappropriate images due to the spamming of them. Like I said if it wasn't spammed I could easily block the one or too people that post them but when whole alliances are running around spamming it in every block well than my only option is to disable symbol art and I don't to want just straight out block all symbol art because some people have zero self control.

@Z0DIAK-BRAVE So you'll admit this is an issue but than call anyone that want some kind of fix for the issue a snowflake? Your logic is clearly flawed here my friend.

@SonoVulpin when it came to APB reloaded, and yes i have played that game for years, they only targeted genitalia, and even then people were still getting away with it, although anyone looking for an art will have to find its maker first to get one for the most part in that game since they have to sell it to share it, meanwhile in pso2, symbol arts tends to spread more like a virus, once one person puts it on the lobby everyone around it can now copy that art.

Also im in ship 2, the most crowded ship in the game currently while i do see a few "inappropiate" arts being posted here and there, i dont see it as spammed as hard as you claim it to be.

But who knows, maybe im just lucky.

@Alineah Have keep in mind ship 2 mostly populated with xbox players. If they want inappropriate art they have to make it themselves or find someone that good at making it. Mean while on ship 3 I do urgent quest 4 people spamming anal sex hentai, go to lobby after urgent quest group of 10 people in same alliance spamming racist images of black people being killed by cops and making fun of it.

As for APB reloaded you most not of played that game very long I know a lot of people that were banned from the game for more than just images of genitalia. An even then it still proves the point it is possible to have a moderator system in place and ban users using the images cause APB reloaded's staff could so why can't PSO2's?

@SonoVulpin said in inappropriate symbol art spam:

@Alineah Have keep in mind ship 2 mostly populated with xbox players. If they want inappropriate art they have to make it themselves or find someone that good at making it. Mean while on ship 3 I do urgent quest 4 people spamming anal sex hentai, go to lobby after urgent quest group of 10 people in same alliance spamming racist images of black people being killed by cops and making fun of it.

As for APB reloaded you most not of played that game very long I know a lot of people that were banned from the game for more than just images of genitalia. An even then it still proves the point it is possible to have a moderator system in place and ban users using the images cause APB reloaded's staff could so why can't PSO2's?

allow me to requote myself "although anyone looking for an art will have to find its maker first to get one for the most part in that game since they have to sell it to share it, meanwhile in pso2, symbol arts tends to spread more like a virus, once one person puts it on the lobby everyone around it can now copy that art."

now in apb, people will have to buy your art, so it cant really spread as well meaning that all the moderators have to do was look in the art market, anyone trying to share inappropiate art will get caught quickly,now in pso2, even xbox players can copy the symbol art they see, its not a pc only thing, copying other people's symbol art is a ingame function, it doesnt involve any 3rd party software or anything of that like to do so. Again, i have even yet to see any of the racist stuff you claim nor the volumes of spamming lewd art that you speak of but thats fine, again, im probably just lucky, but still im in ship 2.

This post is deleted!

Welcome to the world that is Phantasy Star Online 2.

Much like the Japanese version, this is mostly what you see, and people standing around doing absolutely nothing bored out of their minds, using PSO 2 essentially as "Second Life", and more of a social hub than anything else.

I honestly find it pathetic myself, if you're into that kind of stuff, take it to discord (which some do), or forums like "Gaia Online" which has been around forever.

But meh, I don't stay in a lobby long enough to care about others, because I plays games, to you know "play" them. Thank god I have my friends who've joined me in PSO 2, so when I do decide I don't want to solo, they're always around.

As I said, "welcome to PSO 2", get used to lobbies, and rooms filled with this, and people doing dance emotes. Was like that in the JP version, don't expect it to change now.

Lmao.l! Learn to have fun people. Symbol Arts are glorious! Being uppity over them is just silly.

@Pulptenks Honestly lewd can't bother me at all, i just don't want them popping when there's ppl around (and since my family has literally no sense of space at all that ain't easy to prevent).

@Dracoco1214 That's a you problem. Turn it off and move on. I've not read the entirety of this thread because let's be honest, crying is lame and I go no sympathy for threads where people play victims.

@Pulptenks Yeah no i agree with that entirely don't get me wrong, i just have to because there's no alternative to that and i respect that.

@Vaden said in inappropriate symbol art spam:

Just turn off symbol arts or black list and report if you feel the symbol art is going way too far and eventually you won't see ones that bother you. The game is rated M, so I can't really agree with the think of the children logic, as it's not a game geared for kids clearly. However, there are folks going too far with it, but I can deal.

https://cdn.pso2.com/wwwroot/img/_footer/img_rating.jpg

@AceSpider said in inappropriate symbol art spam:

@Vaden said in inappropriate symbol art spam:

Just turn off symbol arts or black list and report if you feel the symbol art is going way too far and eventually you won't see ones that bother you. The game is rated M, so I can't really agree with the think of the children logic, as it's not a game geared for kids clearly. However, there are folks going too far with it, but I can deal.

https://cdn.pso2.com/wwwroot/img/_footer/img_rating.jpg

Funny... the rating isn't on esrb's website