inappropriate symbol art spam

@Ship04 said in inappropriate symbol art spam:

This is sad. I never get to see them 😞

Go look in your cache if you want to see them 😕

Honestly, I haven't seen anything painfully gross, but I've seen several of the "cropped inappropriately" ones focused on girls breasts.

Which is weird to get upset over considering that the principal character in the game basically is shown with less and less clothes until the end of chapter 3, and then we get a gag about "aren't you showing too much skin".

I don't think they actually care tbh. I seen and reported so many of them. Luckily you can turn off the symbol art stuff. I know I seen a GM, not caring or banning the sybol art when shown right in front of them. In fact I even seen them laugh or encourage it. I'll Just say GM F for privacy. I don't think it is professional for them to encourage it, especially considering a lot of these pictures depict characters from certain animes where the character is clearly underage. I know they are drawing but there is no warning saying all these characters are of age 18+ (not that really does much anyways.) Still, just block and report. All we can do.

I have seen people posting Matoi in her birthday suit.

@ERICK001BC said in inappropriate symbol art spam:

I don't think they actually care tbh. I seen and reported so many of them. Luckily you can turn off the symbol art stuff. I know I seen a GM, not caring or banning the sybol art when shown right in front of them. In fact I even seen them laugh or encourage it. I'll Just say GM F for privacy. I don't think it is professional for them to encourage it, especially considering a lot of these pictures depict characters from certain animes where the character is clearly underage. I know they are drawing but there is no warning saying all these characters are of age 18+ (not that really does much anyways.) Still, just block and report. All we can do.

If you look at the GM xbox tag names in their activity feed, their screenshots show they actually take actions.

@LapisWave Will have to check that out. Not saying all of them don't, just that from personal experience one of them seems to just ignore it. But definitely will check their feed next time I see it happening. TY.

@DarkKiaser People aren't defending the people doing said spam.

They are just giving the other person advice how to avoid it while still not accepting how the poster itself is shamed.

You can control the people who RECEIVE such arts more easily than those who post it.

So it's easier to get people to just block X arts and not have a problem anymore than it is to get people to stop posting said arts.

On top of that ,blocking said art does report the player using it aswell at the same time so its a double whammy.

@ERICK001BC Did you ever think that they encourage people to do so so they can find out who does it and have more evidence to get rid of X person or block as many arts as possible?

@SleeprunnerInc It occurred to me yes, but usually the regulations go, if there is an offensive content, you block/ban a person. You do not wait until a second offense once a breach has happened. Most moderation take these to a bit of customization based on the GM. Still like a police officer if there is a crime you don't wait till they do something else as well. Similar to a moderator, if there is a racist comment you don't let it breed into more hatred, illegal art, etc.

These players shouldn’t be able to play if a little naked art makes them annoyed . Paper thin skin god people complain about the dumbest stuff on here .

I'm not complaining about a little naked art. I'm complaining that it happens frequently, and some of which are quite graphic. The vast majority of people do not want to see such graphic images while watching an ingame concert.

If it only happened occasionally, and it was relatively tame, I wouldn't mind it, but people, especially young people and neckbeards, don't have restraint or consideration.

I wasn't complaining about "those" type of symbol arts. I should of made myself more clear, In fact The symbol arts GO BEYOND the normal Bewbs and anime faces associated with Hentai. What I should of referred to are the ones that are completely suggestive, Extreme debauchery that shows Poses and actions and such. I think that is a bit much.

The matter is quite simple: if it's nsfw content, it's against TOS. I'm surprised so many people are trying to defend people who post that kind of stuff publicly.

@ERICK001BC However you cannot compare an actual crime IRL to something done on the net where you practically cannot do anything about it other than mute, ban and since its a free game, they just come back using a VPN or any other escape methods to avoid all bans.

Moderators also aren't police nor are they judges.

They are individuals who just try and hold the TOS.

If the post isn't ENOUGH to warrant a ban according to a GM's standard, then they try and bait the person to doing something that is.

Note that they have specific orders for it and do not operate based on what someone might find offensive such as a Nipple, bulge, boner etc that is covered in pants for example.

If it was a visible cock that was leaking, BAN.

If its hidden within pants, thats barely acceptable even if it is disgusting for some people.

Everyone will always have their thing.

@ERICK001BC said in inappropriate symbol art spam:

@SleeprunnerInc It occurred to me yes, but usually the regulations go, if there is an offensive content, you block/ban a person. You do not wait until a second offense once a breach has happened. Most moderation take these to a bit of customization based on the GM. Still like a police officer if there is a crime you don't wait till they do something else as well. Similar to a moderator, if there is a racist comment you don't let it breed into more hatred, illegal art, etc.

I highly doubt this to be true. Even in games like FF14 where the moderation is much more strict and the ever looming presence of the mighty ban hammer hangs over all, the GM's usually do not insta-ban any player. It's nonsensical to do so, as they lose customers. That is why in most games a first offense/violation of the ToS results in a temporary soft ban or a restriction of the user's privileges(loss of chat/etc). Only in extreme cases does a perma ban(ban of the IP address) occur for a first offense. These companies are about making money first and foremost, and you don't make money from customers you banned from your service.

Case in point. When I played FF14, on the server I played on there was a guild of players dedicated to running an online erp brothel out of one of the capital cities. They spammed the general chat channels advertising their services for said brothel. Most players on the server found the practice to be disgusting and the GM's were no doubt aware it was going on, and it clearly violated the ToS. None of the players to my knowledge in the 3 years I played the game were ever banned and the GM's never shut down their operation. My only theory as to why this was is that to Square the income from the 20-30 players' sub that were running the brothel was worth more than the players who were upset about it and sending GM's tickets.

@Wusscake It shouldn't be surprising that people have different tolerance levels of what they consider to be offensive. People say/do things in real life that I don't agree with every day, I don't get frothing at the mouth over it, I just ignore it and move on.

In my previous posts I stated that I wouldn't report a player, and the reasoning is very simple. I know the pain first hand of what it's like to lose an account(not because I was banned or anything). From the PS3 era I was a sony based gamer and bought most all my games digitally. My library included games for PS3/PS4/PSP/Vita, as well as a lot of movies.

During one of the numerous data breaches sony had on their servers my account info was compromised and stolen and I was not able to get my account back, even though I gave sony proof that the account was mine. I lost $2,500+ of games/movies because of that. I wouldn't want to see any gamer experience that for any reason, least of all for something as trivial as posting a boob pic on PSO2.

I never said anything about wanting them banned permanently for breaking TOS, I'm saying they should face some form of discipline for openly posting this content, repeatedly, knowing full well there are some people who will be upset, or even disturbed, by what they see. I've already seen some nasty things posted, and if you aren't an avid user of the internet like many of us are, it can be pretty disturbing. I imagine there are a handful of people out there where PSO2 is their first MMORPG game, where this stuff can easily be exposed to them. Needless to say, it would put a bad taste in people's gaming experience to see this kind of thing being spammed openly.