Even basic things are behind paywall?

Call me crazy, but I never seen any F2P game to fully put trading behind paywall, it just makes the game even more grindfest for free players.

Would be nice if there would be an option to exchange currency that even F2P players can get into AC. (or something like buying premium with non-cash only currency, like how you can buy gametime in WoW with gold)

@Nezarno said in Even basic things are behind paywall?:

Call me crazy, but I never seen any F2P game to fully put trading behind paywall, it just makes the game even more grindfest for free players.

Would be nice if there would be an option to exchange currency that even F2P players can get into AC. (or something like buying premium with non-cash only currency, like how you can buy gametime in WoW with gold)

I don't know the choices or reasoning behind why Personal shop is Premium-only, but from what i've been told (and i'm only going by what other players have told me.) but i've been told that the Japanese version has much severe paywalls with it's content versus our version.

However don't quote me, i'd need some confirmation on that from vertern japanese players who spent a lot of time with the microtractions over there.

EDIT: But i do agree, i would love to see Microsoft and SEGA NA pull back on a couple of stuff that seem like standard things that anyone can use right out the gate; especially once we get updated with things like the Crafting System.

@Nezarno You haven't played Aion then they even restrict farming per day this is some big bullshit right here.

Anything that can be traded can be put on the player shop. If someone wants to give you something cheap just tell them to put it in the shop for you.

fully

"Fully" you say? Someone's played Tree of Savior then. Which limits the amount of times a free user can trade in a day. (IE: 3 times.)

@redPG said in Even basic things are behind paywall?:

Anything that can be traded can be put on the player shop. If someone wants to give you something cheap just tell them to put it in the shop for you.

You can also tell the premium user to buy a PRE or Cardboard Box from the FUNporium (Furnishings) and have them place it in your personal quarters with the item they want to gift you. (You have to make sure the receiving person has 1 free cost slot.) Each box costs 3,000 FUN, and a box can have one item put into it at a time.

In addition, you can install a photon capsule machine in your quarters (as premium) and add 30 items to it and set the cost of it to 1000 (1050 total) per roll. (This is by far the most efficient FUN method.) There's a 1 in X chance to get the items per roll (X = the amount of items you place.) It costs 5,000 FUN.

@Neoyoshi said in Even basic things are behind paywall?:

i've been told that the Japanese version has much severe paywalls with it's content versus our version.

It´s the other way around, the American version is way more monetized than the Japanese version, and in fact, many items obtainable for free in the Japanese version are instead sold with the Mission pass or Daily Finds, which cost SG.

This coupled with the fact that obtaining SG for free is much easier in JP than it is in NA.

@IfrianMMO said in Even basic things are behind paywall?:

@Neoyoshi said in Even basic things are behind paywall?:

i've been told that the Japanese version has much severe paywalls with it's content versus our version.

It´s the other way around, the American version is way more monetized than the Japanese version, and in fact, many items obtainable for free in the Japanese version are instead sold with the Mission pass or Daily Finds, which cost SG.

This coupled with the fact that obtaining SG for free is much easier in JP than it is in NA.

To elaborate a bit what @IfrianMMO and put it in other words, they made items that were tradable/sellable on JP (So you could just buy them off the player shops) into untradable/unsellable items locked to the Fresh Finds shop or Battle pass (Limited time things so FOMO inducing), both of which costs SG while having less ways to obtain SG than NA.

@AwkwardSatori said in Even basic things are behind paywall?:

To elaborate a bit what @IfrianMMO and put it in other words, they made items that were tradable/sellable on JP (So you could just buy them off the player shops) into untradable/unsellable items locked to the Fresh Finds shop or Battle pass (Limited time things so FOMO inducing), both of which costs SG while having less ways to obtain SG than NA.

Not only that, they also included FUN items and other completely free event items into it.

It's to discourage botting and gold selling. That's the whole reason why this game and some other games have moved towards limited trading. As to the effect that it stops/prevents botting, nobody knows. But that's the reason it was designed that way.

@2B Not a fan of it but that makes a lot of sense, and probably works fairly well sooo....

Nothing will ever beat The Old Republic locking friggen Hotbars behind paywalls.

@Blade-Syphon Holy crap i forgot that shit.

@Nezarno Trading is not locked behind a Pay-Wall. The Fun Scratch rewards 3 day Personal Shop passes. Fun is 100% F2P currency. Happy trading!

@2B Additionally in PSO1 it was common-place to give low level players end game gear such as 200 stat mags, God: Power/Strike/Tech/PP/HP and End-Game Weapons as well as tons of Meseta. A lot of design choices in PSO2 are deliberate in making sure players have the full experience.