Add More People of Color to the Game

Just gotta ask, you guys are getting upset that there aren't NPCs of color in game. You know what I don't see? Asians. I do see a NPC that is of color. He hands out quests that require you to kill things, lots of things in different areas.

But wait theres more. You also do realize that this game was made IN JAPAN. Microsoft is allowed to host the game, to translate it for north america release. Other than that, its a hands off affair for microsoft in terms of what they can put it. So by all means if you want story creation and such. You might want to petition Sega Japan for that. The most I can see Microsoft doing is events that Sega signs off on. It's in the fine print of the EULA that no one reads apparently.

WARNING: SOME OF YOU MAY CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING AS A SPOILER.

@Mattwo7 said in Add More People of Color to the Game:

@Fiona-Respha That's not what I heard, though I can't recall where I heard it. You got a source yourself?

Unfortunately, no source that the dev clearly stated that. I think I heard about the dev commented EP 6 is not only the end of the Photoner story, but concludes all of the stories starting from EP 1.

As an indirect source, an article on Dengeki PlayStation Vol. 675 says "EP6 story, which will finish the Photoner Story,". The PDF is available from here (https://dengekionline.com/articles/281/), the header of page 12 has this.

Dengki, as well as Famitsu, are the only 2 media who got actual collab events in-game, so their comments are somehow reliable, but it's far from dev saying EP 6 is the end of the current story.

Also the EP 5 world guide (this - https://www.amazon.co.jp/ファンタシースターオンライン2-EPISODE5-設定資料集-電撃ゲーム書籍編集部/dp/4049125951) has some remark on this. You can ask someone who have this guide for a confirmation.

In the dev Q & A column of page 40, there is a dev anser like "using 2 episodes 'EP5' and 'EP6', we constructed the scenario (of EP 5) considering how to make a climax toward the 'EP6' finale" (sorry for a bad translation). This is a dev remark, but it's not clearly stating EP 6 is the end either.

Anyway, on the next week, there is a livestream which is expected to reveal a lot of things about the roadmap, I'd like to wait for that before going further into this.

From here, it's about the OP and not a response to Mattwo7. I totally agree with the OP. Maybe it's hard to affect the main story, but there always is a room for additional system NPCs. Especially class founders can stay in ARKS lobby regardless of the episode played. I fear the 4th Psion class coming in this summer is too late for JP SEGA to reflect the lessons in NA, I'm looking forward to the future updates.

Hi! Thank you for sharing all of these opinions and suggestions. We will definitely add these to our suggestion pool for consideration. 🙂

Technically, on the light color spectrum, white is every color at once, so white people are the most colored of all. just pointing out.

@ZeeHero9271 I mean sure, just for additive color, but do you know what you get when overlap subtractive color?

This is probably a good time to mention NA just gets the content that JP does. You'd have to ask SoJ for this type of thing.

@Merelambasted Not saying you dont have a point, no one would mind some more colorful NPCs so to speak.

@ZeeHero9271 Sorry, nothing is more fun than being contrary to a contrarian 😜

@Fiona-Respha Well it would make sense to bookend things before the Catacyslym/Big Bang/NGE update. I know they haven't said what it is but that's really all I can think of it would be if they're not adding a new episode, especially if this IS the end point for the story so far.

@GM-Bleed said in Add More People of Color to the Game:

Hi! Thank you for sharing all of these opinions and suggestions. We will definitely add these to our suggestion pool for consideration. 🙂

Thanks for letting us know.