I Don't Get How People Are Importing Art

Seriously. I converted a .jpg to .sar, and I've put it in the proper folder, but when I try to import, it fails & PSO2 deletes the .sar file.

I even tried using Symbol Art Editor, but it just hangs until I close it down.

How the hecking heck do I properly convert an image to .sar, and import it to PSO2? I want to give my Alliance an image. x.x

They can just take the SAR files that JP's been using. Since they're still accepted by the NA client.

Converting it via the Symbol Art Editor (PSOWorld) can take hours, even days. (If you use the PSOWorld Editor, just note that the image will be black / blank in-editor.)

@coldreactive said in I Don't Get How People Are Importing Art:

They can just take the SAR files that JP's been using. Since they're still accepted by the NA client.

Converting it via the Symbol Art Editor (PSOWorld) can take hours, even days.

But it's NOT taking the SAR file. I used an online converter to convert it into .SAR, and when I try to import it, PSO2 throws an error & eats the .SAR file.

The sad answer is there really is no reliable way to convert and import symbol art into PSO2. The program above may help but it won't actually be the solution you are looking for. It might be hard to believe but symbol art in PSO2 is done by hand, Meaning people actually spend hours on end in the game putting their symbol art together one symbol at a time using the editor.

As much as I would absolutely love to be able to just take a pic and run it through a converter then import it into PSO2 its not likely to happen, 8 years into the JP server and there's still no actual reliable way to do it.

The best bet I think is to find a symbol art you like then go about editing it. But unless you are well versed and talented with doing symbol art I think you are pretty much SOL.

The "best" way to do it right now is using the online editor, which is based on the same editing system as in-game: https://malulleybovo.github.io/SymbolArtEditorOnline/

Then import it. Since this allows you to overlay an image atop what you're creating.

@Zizel said in I Don't Get How People Are Importing Art:

The sad answer is there really is no reliable way to convert and import symbol art into PSO2. The program above may help but it won't actually be the solution you are looking for. It might be hard to believe but symbol art in PSO2 is done by hand, Meaning people actually spend hours on end in the game putting their symbol art together one symbol at a time using the editor.

As much as I would absolutely love to be able to just take a pic and run it through a converter then import it into PSO2 its not likely to happen, 8 years into the JP server and there's still no actual reliable way to do it.

The best bet I think is to find a symbol art you like then go about editing it. But unless you are well versed and talented with doing symbol art I think you are pretty much SOL.

I'd believe this, but I seriously doubt people are hand-drawing hentai like they are on Ship 1. Because if they are THAT talented, they could make $100's a commission.

@Eguzky Well as coldreactive mentioned there is the program they linked that allows them to sort of "Trace" their symbol art but they still have to put every single symbol down one at a time and color it. Once its done they import it using the system PSO2 provides in game.

But in the end its still being painstakingly done by hand one symbol at a time.

@Eguzky said in I Don't Get How People Are Importing Art:

@Zizel said in I Don't Get How People Are Importing Art:

I'd believe this, but I seriously doubt people are hand-drawing hentai like they are on Ship 1. Because if they are THAT talented, they could make $100's a commission.

Its all done by hand. Just because its the right file type doesn't mean it has the same inner workings of what you see in game. IE: up to 250ish layers of shapes. Your picture with just one layer is not create able in the system with the shapes provided thus it will not work.

Also, there are those that do take commissions on SA and im sure they do make some nice $. Having made my alliance logo I understand the tools available to make it work and boy do they deserve all the moneys lol.

I get the confusion though. There's a cat peeking around a wall SA I've seen on 1 that looks photo realistic. Its crazy.

At first, when i saw those SA, I don't believe it was created by hand, it looks so dam similar with the original that I thought it was imported. After watching on yt people doing SA from 0. I was shocked ._.