No music in missions, character creation, etc.

This has been an issue for maybe 4 or 5 days now. There is absolutely no music during missions, which is really sad because I love the music in this game (especially the quest clear music), and when I went to create an auxiliary there was no music either.

However, when I do an Urgent Quest, there IS music. It’s very weird.

Just a bit confused by this, if anyone has any kind of solution it’d be neat. Also before I’m asked, I have reinstalled the game a few times now.

Check to see if your missing the music files. If the file is missing, you can reacquire it by using the check files option in the launcher.

@ERICK001BC I’ve done so, and nothing has shown as missing or having to be redownloaded.

The thing is, the quest clear music is the same in normal missions and urgent quests. So how would play in one but not the other if the audio file was missing?

Also the music plays when editing my character in the salon, but not when creating/editing my auxiliary. I’m at a loss here, lol.

...Have you tried going into your computers speaker settings and checking to see if the audio is balanced or set to mono? My best bet would be run a quick defragor to clean any broken files that may be interrupting it in the background. Try putting music volume on highest just to be sure.

@ERICK001BC said in No music in missions, character creation, etc.:

...Have you tried going into your computers speaker settings and checking to see if the audio is balanced or set to mono? My best bet would be run a quick defragor to clean any broken files that may be interrupting it in the background. Try putting music volume on highest just to be sure.

I did a bunch of speaker/sound stuff and everything is set correctly. I’m currently running a fresh install of Windows 10 and the only programs I currently have are PSO2, Discord and Firefox. I could run a defrag anyway but I’m not sure how much it’d do. But I’ll give it a shot!

@Bippzy I have seen people saying the tweaker fix works for the sound issue. If none of this works, best to open a support ticket.