Open Ship 4 or PC players will leave.

@Nevzat said in Open Ship 4 or PC players will leave.:

@GM-Deynger @GM-Drogeto

Are we still due to get any announcement regarding this please?

PSO/Sega isn't even responding to tickets Quite a few players are not receiving AC/SG when they purchase it.

Yes You might have but this.

ade6e45c-7692-44ae-91b9-ef88d9aaf38b-image.png

@Calovy said in Open Ship 4 or PC players will leave.:

It's true that ship 4 becomes less relevant as days goes by. But a lot of people on this thread is still waiting for SEGA to open their royal mouth to give a YES or NO answer. So far SEGA is treating western players like 2nd class citizen and pretending nothing bad has happened regarding the server issue.

That's because we are 2nd class citizens to them. The only reason why there's a pso2 NA is because of microsoft. They don't care about anything outside of JP. And there's really no reason to open up a new server. It'll literally be a ghost town. Even the population on the biggest servers are declining a bunch

They will definitely be opening a new server.. otherwise they would have just told us no.

It has been hinted at being when maintenance happens, is it tuesday? If theres still no announcement, then alot of people will boycott Sega (rightfully so, and myself included)

@Nevzat I think that its Wednesday?

They will definitely be opening a new server.. otherwise they would have just told us no.

You must be new here.

Yeah I've basically given up hope for a server 4 at this point. But I'm waiting around until the scheduled maintenance for reasons unbeknownst to even myself.

@The-Grey-Guard said in Open Ship 4 or PC players will leave.:

But I'm waiting around until the scheduled maintenance for reasons unbeknownst to even myself.

It's natural to want closure, I believe.

@Miraglyth yeah i would be pretty livid if i committed and a few days later servers opened up

I'm still watching this from afar and I'll play if it happens, but I don't. Right now I'm enjoying the Xenoblade Remake. Hope everyone is doing well.

It has been hinted at being when maintenance happens, is it tuesday? If theres still no announcement, then alot of people will boycott Sega (rightfully so, and myself included)

But why in the world would they open up another server? There's plenty of space on every single ship now. Unless they are going to try and release this on playstation to gain more players, there's literally no reason to do it.

@SalutexMO You realize there are thousands of players who were unable to get their game to work, right?

@Ship04 said in Open Ship 4 or PC players will leave.:

@Calovy said in Open Ship 4 or PC players will leave.:

It's true that ship 4 becomes less relevant as days goes by. But a lot of people on this thread is still waiting for SEGA to open their royal mouth to give a YES or NO answer. So far SEGA is treating western players like 2nd class citizen and pretending nothing bad has happened regarding the server issue.

ship 4 does become less relevant but remember

2 months headstart means

when we hit OUR second month xbox players hit 4th month which is still Twice as much time

When we hit our 4th month they hit 6th month which is 50% more time

It’s not just that but it depends also how casual/active said players are . A lot of factors to take into consideration . If someone just logged in for dailies vs someone logging in for dailies and grinded a few hours a day the person grinding a few hours would eventually catch up

I've said it before and I'll say it again I fail to see why progression in this game is a competition. This isn't BDO this isn't Archeage this isn't a PVP focused game what jeff has doesn't affect how I play the game in anyway shape or form how long jeff plays doesn't affect what I do in the game. This is a PVE focused game the only real down side to falling behind is not being able to get groups for content in lower level raids but in the end of the day lower level raid rewards are also pointless thus the reason higher lvl players don't do them.

The only reason to open more servers is if the playerbase spikes. The only reason the playerbase would ever spike is if a major content patch hit which as far as we all know isn't coming anytime soon. So as for right now I fail to see any reason or benefit to open more servers.

@SonoVulpin said in Open Ship 4 or PC players will leave.:

I've said it before and I'll say it again I fail to see why progression in this game is a competition.

I don't think anyone has said it was. For instance nobody has mentioned how all the people ruling over the Ship 3 lookbook "leaderboard" at the moment do so with outfits and accessories that may never be available to PC players. There's arguments to be made but the key take-away is that nobody is really making them.

It's really all about the feeling of growing alongside everyone on equal footing, being a respected part of a world rather than an unwelcomed visitor who gets babied (see most alliance recruitment aimed at PC), or treated like an idiot (see the SH gear topic), or straight-up exploited (see the price-fixing topic), or has to see lots of other players rocking all the cosmetics we may never get access to (see every pre-PC campaign).

None of which is a competition, but is still valid.

Yeah, the people who are literally unable to even grasp the concept why we would want a fresh server and only use " But this isn't a competitive game!!!!!!" as their argument truly worry me.

There are so many reasons for wanting a fresh server, for a start, the feeling of everyone being on equal footing, no higher level players around you, no items you cannot obtain, no established market, no items that have flooded the market, a different vibe in hubs (people actually moving around and doing stuff) rather than standing around in loli costumes.

These are just some of the reasons why I personally want a new server, this isn't about competition but it's about experiencing the game the same way the Japanese did at launch, and the same way the XBOX players did at launch..

For sega to have the inability to grasp this concept also is very disturbing. It is a big deal to me. I used to play Everquest, at launch.. it was exciting seeing overpowered looking weapons at a gradual pace, like a high level would walk past occasionally and you would be in awe of what they had... I want that same experience in PSO2 as I see people hitting higher levels, and their cool looking items etc to go and look at their gear, i don't want to zone into the game and see people fully equipped fron the onset.

It is all about the experience. I want to feel like i'm a founder on a new server, not just someone late to the party just as an extra number. I think it is also apparent the type of people that would be on Ship 4 if it launches, are a type of person I would rather be around also. So far, if anything, this community overall has been toxic and elitest, the Ship 4'ers are a better breed of human imho.