Open Ship 4 or PC players will leave.

@Pulptenks said in Open Ship 4 or PC players will leave.:

Real game fans

Real game fans Real game fans Real game fans Real game fans Real game fans Real game fans Real game fans Real game fans Real game fans Real game fans Real game fans Real game fans Real game fans Real game fans

Didn't know I had to be a fan of pso2 to start playing.

It´s funny how some people are still in denial even after all that happened.

@IfrianMMO People keep saying that the economy or fashion is why they want ship 4. That won't change shit the moment people see a new ship they cna go and prey upon new players in lmfao

Idk the population did drop pretty badly

@Ship04 Honestly that ain't wrong. I wonder if they actually fix the install will people come back?

@Dracoco1214 said in Open Ship 4 or PC players will leave.:

@Ship04 Honestly that ain't wrong. I wonder if they actually fix the install will people come back?

Coming from kingdom under fire 2, Maplestory 2....Nope

Every game launch of pretty much every type will see a sizeable chunk of its day one players not return even on day two. Not even that. Some people just start a game and decide within an hour or two if it's not for them. Anyone remember the original Portal from 2008? The game is like 4 hours long, but according to Steam's achievement metrics a third of the people who get the portal device after 5-10 minutes still don't finish it. That's just how gamers are.

The trouble is this phenomenon disguises the playerbase size impact of launch issues; I know people who have decided not to bother, some of whom couldn't even get it installed in the first place to find out what the game was like, so it is certain that damage has been caused. I also believe some people have walked away over either Ship 4 not being made or the communication about it.

And that's not to speak of the financial losses even from people who are playing. I'll probably be picking up premium soon, which will be my first direct spend. If it hadn't been for the content segregation I'd have bought the Ragol pack day one and be almost halfway towards needing to renew premium. I know two others in that boat personally and others online, and speaking for myself that wouldn't have been my only purchase. So it's also a certainty that money is being lost even from the new people who are playing.

It's true that ship 4 becomes less relevant as days goes by. But a lot of people on this thread is still waiting for SEGA to open their royal mouth to give a YES or NO answer. So far SEGA is treating western players like 2nd class citizen and pretending nothing bad has happened regarding the server issue.

Classic SEGA ... "Oh see? The game doesn't have a big audience, just like we said! Nothing to fix! Carry on! SEGA is all-knowing. We will be cancelling in 2 years! Thanks for the money Microsoft!"

I think that is more speculation that anything. I do agree - there is a sort of silence, But that doesn't mean you should draw a negative conclusion.

@DDDLife

• Once upon a time there was a game called Eternal Champions, it was a success in the west, got tanked because of SEGA Japan politics.
  • Once upon a time Phantasy Star had an actual role-playing franchise it did well in the west, but got tanked because of SEGA Japan politics.
  • Once upon a time there was this game called Phantasy Star Universe, it did well in the west, but got tanked because of SEGA Japan politics.

Dont worry, I love this game, I'm not crudding on this game. I'm just saying SEGA Japan as a track record with me (im not making the entire list.. its waaaayyyyy tooooo loooooonnnnggg and no one wants to read all of that.) I judge them by their habits and keep my expectations low. I have had my heart crushed one too many times. ;_; tears-tears ... $300++ dumped into PSO2 so far! Happy days!

@Seed said in Open Ship 4 or PC players will leave.:

Classic SEGA ... "Oh see? The game doesn't have a big audience, just like we said! Nothing to fix! Carry on! SEGA is all-knowing. We will be cancelling in 2 years! Thanks for the money Microsoft!"

Investor: Hey, how is the new PC launch ?

SEGA: PC launch good, PC launch no problem.

Investor : What about the broken MS store ? Lobby lags and your broken launcher ?

SEGA: Wait 14 days, no broken launcher, everything good after 14 days.

Investor: Hmm, OK, what about no new server and complains about lack of communication with your player base ?

SEGA: New server ? All servers empty. Complains ? No complain threads on forum.

Everything good, everyone happy, every ATM...err Players paying. Good game, good launch, good PROFIT. All very good, yes yes. Best launch 2020.

I dont see a need to open a new ship once the player base balances out everything will be fine. I'm having no issues on ship 1 besides the lobby lagging.

@GM-Deynger @GM-Drogeto

Are we still due to get any announcement regarding this please?

@Calovy said in Open Ship 4 or PC players will leave.:

It's true that ship 4 becomes less relevant as days goes by. But a lot of people on this thread is still waiting for SEGA to open their royal mouth to give a YES or NO answer. So far SEGA is treating western players like 2nd class citizen and pretending nothing bad has happened regarding the server issue.

ship 4 does become less relevant but remember

2 months headstart means

when we hit OUR second month xbox players hit 4th month which is still Twice as much time

When we hit our 4th month they hit 6th month which is 50% more time