Open Ship 4 or PC players will leave.

• face palm*

Polite reminder that certain users who dislike the idea of people talking about something that doesn't affect them would be happy if their posts cause others to be aggressive enough for the topic to be killed again, and that the best way to respond is either to point out their bad faith questions in a neutral way or to simply not respond to toxic statements like "the same demeanor of an underage child who cries". This prevents the outcome they really want.

I mean I can understand the whole fashion thing but at the same time we do have like 8 years worth of fashion to still be released for the game , you are more than likely to find something you like from that 8 years worth . Even then there’s always chances of re release events . Do agree that they should remove the lock on costumes . It would make the gold pass also more valuable since players could choose to claim the costumes they may not be able to wear to sell

@Miraglyth said in Open Ship 4 or PC players will leave.:

Polite reminder that certain users who dislike the idea of people talking about something that doesn't affect them would be happy if their posts cause others to be aggressive enough for the topic to be killed again, and that the best way to respond is either to point out their bad faith questions in a neutral way or to simply not respond to toxic statements like "the same demeanor of an underage child who cries". This prevents the outcome they really want.

Or just respond with a very passive-agressive tone. That works too just remember to not fall in their lunacy to remind them how irrelevant they are to the discussion and that they shouldn't lead it.

...nah you are right.

yes lets ALL be respectful of others stances if someone tries to troll just ignore them and or report them on the forums

@RagnarokSlayer said in Open Ship 4 or PC players will leave.:

but at the same time we do have like 8 years worth of fashion to still be released for the game , you are more than likely to find something you like from that 8 years worth

Maybe, but I have skimmed through pages like this and it's all glasses, scarves, flowers, random objects like handbags and a plethora of angel or bat wings that are already widespread on our server. Tell me anything on this entire page looks the Photon Halos. And there's nothing on it that I prefer.

And to be blunt, even if Sega create something new after we supposedly catch up to JP in 2021, we have fashion bookmarks so we can switch back and forth between several looks. It'd still be depriving me an option I'd use from time to time for the crime I committed of not living in the right continent.

(I will throw Sega a bone here though - they have got a bad rep for "Turning FUN items on JP into real-money items on PC". One of the Mission Pass gold rewards for instance. But there are several examples of this going the other way too; the Photon Halo set was an AC Scratch item on JP, so it'd have been a perfect conversion to free over here if only they hadn't arbitrarily denied most of the players the ability to get them.)

@RagnarokSlayer said in Open Ship 4 or PC players will leave.:

Even then there’s always chances of re release events .

I basically have to pin my hopes of not being permanently locked out of my preferred look before I'd even been able to play on this, which seems remarkably dumb considering the wealth of repetitive content they have to make use of, the fact that these are not trade locked so they can't be put in Fresh Finds or Mission Pass, and the fact that they made a big deal of calling them special which means several non-PC players would throw a tantrum if they actually were brought back in the interest of fairness.

And even then, how long will it be? A year? Two? It won't do me much good if they bring them back to the game two years from now and two months before closing down the western server, you know?

I'm sorry for digressing there, but it plays into the matter at hand.

This was my mindset when I wanted Ship 4 on PC launch. And that's not a reactionary matter - it was the first item on my first post here as a wishlist prior to PC launch for precisely that reason. Sadly that never happened and I do think it's too late now. Between forcing people to start on Ships 1-3 to not miss out on content that will expire after PC launch and driving many would-be players away from the game for good with this and other aspects of the PC launch, Sega have made it pointless to open Ship 4 two weeks later.

I feel from this weakened state the only thing they really can do is tell everyone no already so we can draw a long-overdue line under the matter. But it sure would make up for the failure to do so, the terrible launch issues, the gameplay issues caused by the lack of a beta they denied us access to (along with its rewards) and the hilariously lacking communication over the last two weeks if they were to announce the swift re-run of all pre-PC stuff in the next maintenance because all of the above and the three months of silence and delay leading up to this mess deserves a real statement that PC players do in fact matter. Just throwing up more half scape dolls or some other new free cosmetic for everyone won't fix that gaping void for PC players so it won't feel like it was meant for us.

And I adamantly believe that if they quickly brought back all the outstanding pre-PC stuff including the various freebies - Dreamcast, Coated Edge, Photon Halos, Green Puyo, Pirate Hat, Rappy-Go-Round, Sega Saturn Mask and the Cross Legs and Impromptu Tea Party emotes - it would be an effective way to tell all the PC players who wanted a fresh start "Now there's nothing you've missed out on, you can still catch up and have absolutely no loss of enjoyment playing this game". (Oh and Xbox players who missed the betas could catch up too, which is a plus in my eyes.)

What better way to make things right could there be?

The name of this thread makes no sense, again. And is laughable at. While a couple wait for ship 04 here I am now with 2x 75.

No, players won't leave. A couple will leave and it will be more peaceful on the forums.

Apparently in ship02 alot of players had 100+mil

The most expensive ac ticket item that was current rotation was like 20 mil.

I still support ship04 despite playing on ship02

@Ship04 There you go. You keep playing like I so called it.

The irony. "Players will leave." Nice joke.

You didn't call shit. I never said I was going to stop playing. Currently experiencing sunk cost fallacy

I spent like 200-300$ on AC before I found out the servers weren't fresh I'm still pissed about this.

It's a shame the old thread got deleted so I could quote you on it.

And all of this is why, back before even the first beta begun, i was campaigning for PC players to be allowed to begin at the same time as everyone else, which was the only respectful and fair way to deal with a new MMORPG´s launch.

Everyone who has experience in the field or heck, has a functioning brain, knew that a tiered release between platforms would be a massive disaster that would produce both technical and social issues both in short and long term, but at the time, everyone disagreed.

I would say "I told you so" but then again, other than to the xbox crusaders, this comes as a surprise to absolutely nobody.

@Pulptenks said in Open Ship 4 or PC players will leave.:

It's a shame the old thread got deleted so I could quote you on it.

You and lwyu both have an issue with saying people said stuff they never said.

Perhaps I have to put this in my signature.

I never wanted a refund, I never said I was going to quit playing pso2, I said it would be nice if they were able to reset my account so that I could get the AC that I spent on tickets/inventory expansion/mag passes/additional skill pages back. I have sunken cost fallacy, Even though Since I've doubled the amount I've spent on ac It would burn me inside if I went to another server

@IfrianMMO No. Real game fans always knew about this and also knows it is meaningless when thousands start at the same time on second wave.

You won't make me believe that someone never knew what they were getting into with all the talk that has been going about this game on YouTube and Reddit and different media.

Just no.

@IfrianMMO said in Open Ship 4 or PC players will leave.:

And all of this is why, back before even the first beta begun, i was campaigning for PC players to be allowed to begin at the same time as everyone else, which was the only respectful and fair way

Thank you for your efforts. 👏