Open Ship 4 or PC players will leave.

@Morgothryuzaki said in Open Ship 4 or PC players will leave.:

New players aren't really disadvantaged for starting now.

Really I fail to see how PSO2 disadvantages anyone at all

"Fashion is the endgame". My overwhelmingly-preferred accessories not only have never been available to PC and the ones I haven't managed to buy now have never been in the player shop on Ship 3 since PC launch. One of them is not tradeable at all. If I can't have them, the last thing I want is to see other people rocking them. It's not fun to play feeling like you've been treated as a second-class player. I did nothing wrong to be treated worse than others so why should I be reminded about it?

@Miraglyth That is seriously such a minor thing. Litterally. Far from deserving an entirely new ship just for that.

@Miraglyth That is seriously such a minor thing. Litterally. Far from deserving an entirely new ship just for that.

Which is funny, because the moment you bring up the idea of re-running all the pre-PC content, you have people coming out of the woodwork screaming that NO!! They can't do that, because those items were special and it wouldn't be fair to the players who got to play 3 months earlier to make the stuff they aren't even wearing have less prestige!

It's a have-your-cake-and-eat-it-too position, and I really don't think it's fair to PC players. That said, I do agree with you that it doesn't need a Ship 4 to solve. They could just re-run them and give PC players that content too, to heck with the feelings of anyone who wants others to arbitrarily miss out on things. Honestly, it is completely beyond doubt by this point that the PC should have had a beta, and received the beta content too. That way everyone would be on a level playing field and the subject of content segregation wouldn't even exist.

But that horse has bolted. What the game's management team could and arguaby should be doing at this point is fixing the issues and then either re-running or simply (for campaign content e.g. Photon Halos, Coated Edge, the Dreamcast and Green Puyo evolution devices, the Pirate Hat, the Saturn mask, Rappy-Go-Round and the Cross Legs and Impromptu Tea Party emotes) distributing as a login bonus everything that existed prior to PC launch as a way of both saying sorry and announcing to the world that no portion of the players will be treated as second-class anymore.

@Miraglyth I will entirely agree with you that these items should get a re-run. There is no 'prestige' to items given for free for the simple act of existing in the server before an entire fanbase. Litterally.

And anyone going crazy over that and screaming about it,really need to clam down. Cosmetic doesn't make you special. I think that Xbox players are so used to getting the short end of the stick these last years that they want to hold on to whatever they can to feel superior.

@Miraglyth I will entirely agree with you that these items should get a re-run. There is no 'prestige' to items given for free for the simple act of existing in the server before an entire fanbase. Litterally.

Commendable! Thanks. 👏

@Miraglyth I just never understood people who act like they were special because they had an item handed out for free lol. That just sounds childish to me.

Has Sega at all communicated with us about opening Ships 4,5, and 6? I was late too the party and didn't get to read the apparently nuked thread.

Unfortunate. A little communication goes a long way.

I don't understand how you guys say that "there is no communication" , When Clearly there was. It has been there the whole time. I mean.. all you have to do is read : ***"Our development team is working hard on investigating this issue, with plans to implement a countermeasure on Wednesday, June 10th, during our scheduled server maintenance.

We deeply apologize for this inconvenience and the negative experience it has caused.

• The PSO2 Team***

And here we are with another duplicate thread, from a post of the same origin, Though it was deleted for obvious reasons, The persistence still continues. Would it not be better to just send a Request ticket at this point , IF you want clear and concise and direct communication on the matter? I mean.. How else can one put it? What you are all doing is drawing your OWN conclusions based on Speculations, of past events, Business practices and things that should of been done, Just because you wanted them to be so. The Dev's are not going to respond.. It's the GM's that run this and will post relevant information, When such information becomes available.

And anyone going crazy over that and screaming about it,really need to clam down. Cosmetic doesn't make you special. I think that Xbox players are so used to getting the short end of the stick these last years that they want to hold on to whatever they can to feel superior.

Cosmetic only make you salty that you can't have something simply because it was time limited for basically no reasons at all, i remember playing Swtor and missing some crazy fashionable sets because of this.

@DDDLife by issue they are referencing the game deleting itself and multitudes of issues related utilizing the MS store. Server 4 is not an issue, it is a desire. They've said nothing in reference to server 4 other than 'we passed your desire to the Devs' In the 11 days since that, the Devs could have easily given a definitive yes or definitive no in reference to a new server being brought online. Request ticket would be pointless, as it goes to the GMs, who have already said they have not been told anything. They could 'pass it' it to the Devs, but they already did so day of release when the mega thread on ship 4 was started. As you stated, the Dev's aren't going to respond. That is precisely the problem the entirety of ship 4 was about. I realize trying to lay it out to you is likely pointless as your misunderstanding seems to be intentional so that you can try and generate dissent as you've pretty much clearly stated the issue of 'Dev's not communicating' and then keep following up with 'why u mad brah?'

@Morgothryuzaki - Thing with the FFXIV comparison is that when I started FFXIV, I knew it had been playable for several years. Starting on a 'new server' was clearly not an option because I was two years late to the party. When I play a game that just release, I sort of expect to be able to start on a new server along side everyone else who is also playing at launch. PSO2 has been out in the East for 8 years, but it only 'released' for the west on PC a week and a half ago, it's to be expected that people would be disappointed that a new ship wasn't brought online when they were finally allowed to play. Now I just wait to see how bad they screw up with maintenance on the 10th before deciding what server to actually play on, still expect my game to be deleted when it tries to patch 😆

@DDDLife said in Open Ship 4 or PC players will leave.:

I don't understand how you guys say that "there is no communication" , When Clearly there was. It has been there the whole time. I mean.. all you have to do is read : ***"Our development team is working hard on investigating this issue, with plans to implement a countermeasure on Wednesday, June 10th, during our scheduled server maintenance."

Because "this issue" is a different issue altogether. This quote is entirely out of context, and the page it comes from it literally called Windows 10 Issue Report: Hitching/Stuttering.

In full:

We have received reports that the Windows 10 version of Phantasy Star Online 2 may be running sluggishly in some areas in the game, such as the ARKS Ship Lobby.

Our development team is working hard on investigating this issue, with plans to implement a countermeasure on Wednesday, June 10th, during our scheduled server maintenance.

Nothing to do with Ship 4 in the slightest. Why even try to claim it was?