Open Ship 4 or PC players will leave.

I don't see why they would remove the height restriction if they put it in the first place. Plus that doesn't seem to be as important as an extra ship could be.

@Zizel said in Open Ship 4 or PC players will leave.:

@Ship04 There has been zero communication from devs on the hot topics so far. Its frustrating. But what you say is true. Just flat out tell us if you plan to release ship 04 or not, or if you do or don't plan to lift the character height restriction, or make improvements to the shops or not. The faster they say yes or no the faster i can decide if I'm staying to support NA or if i'm hightailing it to the JP server.

What's this height restriction?

@IAMCRAIG The NA Devs put a limit on the maximum and minimum height you can make a character in the creator. Essentially we aren't allowed to make our characters as tall or as short as the JP server allows.

@Ranmaru Cause it's a harmless thing and a quick fix to do?

I mean who is it going to hurt if they allow you to make equally as short and tall people as JP=?

Yeah, what's up with that? Why'd they even add the height limits to begin with?

@The-Grey-Guard probably because a lot of people in the west hate the idea of loli characters in many other MMOs. So they thought it be a good idea to limit the height slider.

@The-Grey-Guard said in Open Ship 4 or PC players will leave.:

Yeah, what's up with that? Why'd they even add the height limits to begin with?

SEGA can expect what some EN players would do and we players already know why.

They who shall not be name.

uh.. say what?

@Ranmaru said in Open Ship 4 or PC players will leave.:

I don't see why they would remove the height restriction if they put it in the first place. Plus that doesn't seem to be as important as an extra ship could be.

I don't get these people upset about the height thing...

The heights of characters SHOULD all be within a lore consistent range of each other. Adult humans should be realistic, and of the other options only CAST would be logically outside a human range.

If anything it's a logic flaw if the JP servers allow extreme variants.

As for Loli players... we don't need or want Jared and Epstein types...

@Kichwas Here's the thing....

There are no HUMANS in the game.

They are all alien species created from the photoners so that argument is thrown out the window and on top of that we got a ton of characters in different sizes in all races.

Have you done the story at all?

@SleeprunnerInc Dude's going "Muh realism" in a game with anime space elves and androids flying to different planets, shooting magic blasts and kicking giant monsters in the head with rocket boots.

@Kichwas said in Open Ship 4 or PC players will leave.:

@Ranmaru said in Open Ship 4 or PC players will leave.:

I don't get these people upset about the height thing...

The heights of characters SHOULD all be within a lore consistent range of each other. Adult humans should be realistic, and of the other options only CAST would be logically outside a human range.

If anything it's a logic flaw if the JP servers allow extreme variants.

As for Loli players... we don't need or want Jared and Epstein types...

my adult friend is 4'6", not letter her make a character her height for no reason isn't what i'd called realistic

@The-Grey-Guard Yeah and we already have NPC characters that are super tiny.

Heck, I'm rather annoyed that we can't make a tiny Rappy character or a minimal height male char with a huge moustache.

Plus alot of customization is going out the window cause of the height.

A small character lets you make some pretty interesting and cool customization using the accessories.

@Ranmaru AN extra ship ISN'T important whatsoever. If it had been important,they would have done it. People just want a ship to have an artificial 'fresh start'. That's it. in reality no one is going to have a 'fresh start' even with a new ship.

To people saying a new ship isn't important or the height restriction isn't important.... video games are essentially an electronic toy; your reasons for playing with the toy aren't any more valid than someone else's.

That aside, I don't think a Ship 4 is happening anymore. They waited too long that if they opened it now, it wouldnt have a healthy population. Maybe they will revisit it if the game ever hits Steam or other consoles. So if you are sitting on the sidelines waiting, I'd probably either jump into ship 1-3 or wait or just go play JP.

On the other hand, the height thing seems like that could be easily resolved, but I'm not sure they are willing to. Much better to fracture the community over something dumb, right?