Open Ship 4 or PC players will leave.

@Miraglyth said in Open Ship 4 or PC players will leave.:

@RagnarokSlayer said in Open Ship 4 or PC players will leave.:

Fashion thing I mean i doubt items unobtainable are gonna make a diffrence . I am at 20 likes already.

Erm? Is that about my mention of the lookbook? I'm afraid you may have missed my point in two ways.

First, 20 is nothing. Ship 3 has users with thousands of likes, the most successful of which have content that was only available prior to PC. Some parts of the most popular looks you can still get from player shops at revoltingly upsold prices (e.g. Fingerless Gloves M/F (Black)) but most of it is previous Fresh Finds content like Pure Maid Dress and Sudsy Style. (Fresh Finds content which, I point out, would have no impact on the economy because none of it is tradeable in the first place. Just like the free content, they could and should re-run that with no concern whatsoever.)

Second and way more importantly, the reason I brought it up in the first place was to demonstrate that nobody was talking about it. That was in response to SonoVulpin's suggestion that people wanted a fresh start with competitive motives, by showing they really weren't and that a fresh start was all about the emotive feel that Nevzat put way better after me:

@Nevzat said in Open Ship 4 or PC players will leave.:

It is all about the experience. I want to feel like i'm a founder on a new server, not just someone late to the party just as an extra number.

I just wanted there to be no misconceptions about the now probably lost hope for the fresh start.

To put it another way: PC players have been denied the experience of being part of a fresh ship from its creation. All we have left to identify with is the experience of having wanted Ship 4. So in a way it would hurt for people to misunderstand why.

Anyway... to end on a positive note:

It’s linked to ship 4 but it’s not as big of an issue than not playing or having problems. @Dracoco1214 said in Open Ship 4 or PC players will leave.: I think we can all agree that the launch had too much issues and Ship 4 is just the tip of the iceberg.

Thirded. Consensus! 🎊

Wasn't the popstar/black popstar outfit fresh finds?

@WoTsukito said in Open Ship 4 or PC players will leave.:

@RagnarokSlayer from what you said, more Ships at launch might help towards the lag issue.

It would of possibly made a diffrence . It def seemed like they were unprepared . But the client also caused just as much lag issues if I recall? Idk I only tried the tweaker but I remember people saying there was less lag with tweaker? Idk how true it is I didn’t start till 5 days after due to other issues

@Ship04 said in Open Ship 4 or PC players will leave.:

The Pop Singer set was a two-week set available from 17 March to 23 March. It was meant to last until 30 March but they closed Fresh Finds for the second week of that set. This is another reason to bring that set back, really, as even Xbox One players who had intended to buy that in the second week were deprived the ability to.

You may also be thinking the Punkishly Vivid and Punkishly Cool sets available from 31 March to 13 April.

But the client also caused just as much lag issues if I recall?

This is two separate issues. Rather than network lag, the PC version of the game has terrible performance stuttering in the lobby areas particularly when other player characters are around. I understand this owes to an optimisation flag that the launcher sets, with the optimisation itself doing more harm than good. I also understand all the "tweaker" does is not use that flag! This is one of the things that would have been easily caught and fixed if PC was allowed in on the beta period.

The Pop Singer set was a two-week set available from 17 March to 23 March. It was meant to last until 30 March but they closed Fresh Finds for the second week of that set. This is another reason to bring that set back, really, as even Xbox One players who had intended to buy that in the second week were deprived the ability to.

You may also be thinking the Punkishly Vivid and Punkishly Cool sets available from 31 March to 13 April.

But the client also caused just as much lag issues if I recall?

This is two separate issues. Rather than network lag, the PC version of the game has terrible performance stuttering in the lobby areas particularly when other player characters are around. I understand this owes to an optimisation flag that the launcher sets, with the optimisation itself doing more harm than good. I also understand all the "tweaker" does is not use that flag! This is one of the things that would have been easily caught and fixed if PC was allowed in on the beta period.

that outfit is tradeable

that outfit is tradeable

Then it's not Fresh Finds. To my knowledge everything that was ever distributed in Fresh Finds is marked as not tradeable.

that outfit is tradeable

Then it's not Fresh Finds. To my knowledge everything that was ever distributed in Fresh Finds is marked as not tradeable.

No apparently it was a bug with fresh finds all of them were tradeable from that week

that outfit is tradeable

No apparently it was a bug with fresh finds all of them were tradeable from that week

Considering the problems this game has assuming it was a glitch all along makes sense.

Oh so that's why they closed the Fresh Finds shop? I did wonder. Yes that would explain it.

Pardon me while I go be a little salty that tradeable Fresh Finds items is apparently a serious enough matter to do an in-between maintenance, while hotfixing the terrible PC lobby lag is not...

@Miraglyth im really curious how many fixes they actually have ready to roll out but are holding them until the 10th

Do you think we will get another server guys?

@Nevzat in 2 more days we shall know whether through action or silence

I still have not claimed my items from the visaphone or whatever its called. Waiting sucks. I won't put bets on any new ship ever.

@Nevzat said in Open Ship 4 or PC players will leave.:

Yeah, the people who are literally unable to even grasp the concept why we would want a fresh server and only use " But this isn't a competitive game!!!!!!" as their argument truly worry me.

There are so many reasons for wanting a fresh server, for a start, the feeling of everyone being on equal footing, no higher level players around you, no items you cannot obtain, no established market, no items that have flooded the market, a different vibe in hubs (people actually moving around and doing stuff) rather than standing around in loli costumes.

These are just some of the reasons why I personally want a new server, this isn't about competition but it's about experiencing the game the same way the Japanese did at launch, and the same way the XBOX players did at launch..

For sega to have the inability to grasp this concept also is very disturbing. It is a big deal to me. I used to play Everquest, at launch.. it was exciting seeing overpowered looking weapons at a gradual pace, like a high level would walk past occasionally and you would be in awe of what they had... I want that same experience in PSO2 as I see people hitting higher levels, and their cool looking items etc to go and look at their gear, i don't want to zone into the game and see people fully equipped fron the onset.

It is all about the experience. I want to feel like i'm a founder on a new server, not just someone late to the party just as an extra number. I think it is also apparent the type of people that would be on Ship 4 if it launches, are a type of person I would rather be around also. So far, if anything, this community overall has been toxic and elitest, the Ship 4'ers are a better breed of human imho.

You act like just because there a fresh start server your going to get the cosmetic the other servers have. Why would the devs do that it would just make more work for them sure it sucks but getting a fresh start server not going to magically give you accuses to items you missed out on it will just stop you from seeing them on other players. An honestly you just sound selfish wanting a fresh start server at this point. You'd rather split the community along more servers so you don't have to be jealous of what others have? That not a good reason to open more servers at all IMO. If it was than with that logic they'd have to open a fresh start server every content patch to keep selfish players like you happy.

@SonoVulpin you read like part of a sentence that @Nevzat wrote and immediately made your soap box based around that one aspect. Most of their point was the experience of starting a new game fresh with other players who are also starting fresh. You know, typical experience of a mmo release.

And I'm not sure what community split you believe will happen. They already had to double or more the amount of blocks each ship has, the only people who would join ship 4 at this point are those who have been waiting, those who still can't play because of ongoing issues -provided they actually fix said issues- and whatever new people happen upon the game and overlook the ratings to give it a try. The community you have on your ship will pretty much be the same as no one who invested already in their character is going to start completely fresh. You're honestly whining just to whine because you feel like if another ship comes about it's some how going to detract from your game play :l

@ZRykari You clearly didn't read my post if that what you think but ok let insult and derail the thread because your argument is basically just that unproductive and attacking.