Open Ship 4 or PC players will leave.

I do not oppose Ship 04 at this point, but do take into account that the only way your utopian Ship 04 would have any chance of working would be if they blocked transfers to ship 04 and /or made it exclusive for PC players.

And then they would also have to re-run some of the old events we PC players missed.

If they opened Ship 04 but they did not block transfers, i hope you do understand a bunch of whales and market players would be anxious to switch to Ship 04 and completely dominate the market and fix the prices and force the same conditions.

I do not think some of you fathom the amount of money (both irl and in-game) these people have, there´s probably meseta billionaires by now, they have absolutely no problem buying all copies of fairly priced items and constantly forcing them to high prices til the market is dominated by them, and they will even make a profit out of it too in the long run.

Likewise with the whole leveling experience etc.

@Nevzat said in Open Ship 4 or PC players will leave.:

no items you cannot obtain

For what it's worth this sadly isn't the case either. It's a point that was lost when the last topic went, but I confirmed using an accessory twice means it's available to all characters on the account even if they're on different ships.

Additionally anyone who has unclaimed rewards from concluded events in their visiphone could still claim them on a new ship.

Both of these things would be tiny minorities, but not zero.

It is all about the experience. I want to feel like i'm a founder on a new server, not just someone late to the party just as an extra number.

That's better than I put it, I think. 👍

@IfrianMMO said in Open Ship 4 or PC players will leave.:

would be if they blocked transfers to ship 04

No need to block a procedure that doesn't exist yet.

And then they would also have to re-run some of the old events we PC players missed.

Why limit that to Ship 4? After the torrid experience PC players have had since February it should be part of the make-right for everyone.

I will be playing on PC and I wouldn't leave if ship 4 isn't made. I guess the question we must ask is if it would make sense to have a 4th ship instead of increasing space in each block of the current ships.

@niko2172 There was. I'm sure many moved on by now. And launch never establish the regular playerbase. Many come just to try it.

That "PC Hype" on the first sticky post ... ouch, GM can help themselves and delete that now.

The current "active" playerbase doesn't warrent a Ship 4, sure I agree. Can we all agree if more Ships were available at launch, we would have a bigger playerbase now?

@WoTsukito It could be possible. From a Business standpoint, Its always the same old story, When you have a shop that is small- You are suddenly crowded with customers, But the same can be said as soon as you expand, After having such a grand expansion, The Store suddenly looks ... Empty.

@DDDLife SEGA, Microsoft, Phantasy Star Online the IP, which one are you suggesting is a "small shop" ?

@WoTsukito said in Open Ship 4 or PC players will leave.:

Can we all agree if more Ships were available at launch, we would have a bigger playerbase now?

We don't even really need to. It's practically certain. We know on launch day all three ships were 138-blocks full so people couldn't get on, and we know people who walked away because Ship 4 didn't happen quickly enough (or likely at all). The only way we would have lost exactly 0 players from this is if nobody gave up when they couldn't get on and everyone who left will come back which is of statistically negligible likelihood.

All you can really say is maybe it wouldn't be that much bigger, but that's not really measurable. Nor is the impact to players who didn't walk away but are now a lot more reserved about spending some/lots of money over how the matter is being handled and perhaps to some how it paints a picture of the levels of support and responsiveness we can expect to see in the coming months. Especially to those of us for whom this dredges up a lot of very unpleasant memories about what Sega did to our servers for Blue Burst and Universe.

Damage was already done we are just dealing with the repercussions

The biggest damage was Microsoft’s store issues. That got rid of many players. Ship 4 may of had influence on some too but biggest issue was the fact there was the game uninstalling itself , the lag (caused by the temporary fixes of expanding blocks) , it not installing at all and such , combined with the time taken and lack of testing where this may of been avoided would of lost then the most players . It’s linked to ship 4 but it’s not as big of an issue than not playing or having problems.

I would assume ship 4-6 is planned for a switch or PS4 release as what else would they keep them around for so long without using them?

Fashion thing I mean i doubt items unobtainable are gonna make a diffrence . I am at 20 likes already. You just have to make your character either cute , cool or weird . And while those can help there’s so much you can use here to make it possible without those exclusive gear . Regular updates and updating at right time plays a huge part in likes as do making friends who may vote for you too

I think we can all agree that the launch had too much issues and Ship 4 is just the tip of the iceberg.

@RagnarokSlayer from what you said, more Ships at launch might help towards the lag issue.

@niko2172 said in Open Ship 4 or PC players will leave.:

Why did the other thread get deleted? 160 some pages. Ridiculous.

Not entirely sure, I stopped going to the thread at around page 102? OP posted a picture of the last thing the GM saud before silencing the thread. https://gyazo.com/35f963df3f5d3779357a4a13134beebc

Don't think Ship04 is happening at this point. I've lost interest in the game at this point, too, sadly. 😞

Wanted to play it but didn't want to start if they were going to start a new server and now I would be even further behind despite having the game installed day 1 of NA release.

If they don't want to release a new server just come out and say no. The lack of communication on ANY of the issues has been ridiculous and among the worse I've seen in any game, let alone an online type of one. If this is how they are going to be with the NA version then I think I won't have missed much in the end.

@RagnarokSlayer said in Open Ship 4 or PC players will leave.:

Fashion thing I mean i doubt items unobtainable are gonna make a diffrence . I am at 20 likes already.

Erm? Is that about my mention of the lookbook? I'm afraid you may have missed my point in two ways.

First, 20 is nothing. Ship 3 has users with thousands of likes, the most successful of which have content that was only available prior to PC. Some parts of the most popular looks you can still get from player shops at revoltingly upsold prices (e.g. Fingerless Gloves M/F (Black)) but most of it is previous Fresh Finds content like Pure Maid Dress and Sudsy Style. (Fresh Finds content which, I point out, would have no impact on the economy because none of it is tradeable in the first place. Just like the free content, they could and should re-run that with no concern whatsoever.)

Second and way more importantly, the reason I brought it up in the first place was to demonstrate that nobody was talking about it. That was in response to SonoVulpin's suggestion that people wanted a fresh start with competitive motives, by showing they really weren't and that a fresh start was all about the emotive feel that Nevzat put way better after me:

It is all about the experience. I want to feel like i'm a founder on a new server, not just someone late to the party just as an extra number.

I just wanted there to be no misconceptions about the now probably lost hope for the fresh start.

To put it another way: PC players have been denied the experience of being part of a fresh ship from its creation. All we have left to identify with is the experience of having wanted Ship 4. So in a way it would hurt for people to misunderstand why.

Anyway... to end on a positive note:

@RagnarokSlayer said in Open Ship 4 or PC players will leave.:

It’s linked to ship 4 but it’s not as big of an issue than not playing or having problems.

@Dracoco1214 said in Open Ship 4 or PC players will leave.:

I think we can all agree that the launch had too much issues and Ship 4 is just the tip of the iceberg.

Thirded. Consensus! 🎊