Topic deleted?

Try as we might,we can only do so much,I guess.

@Zizel said in Topic deleted?:

Locking it would have been the more appropriate move. Deleting it just makes it seem like they have no intention of addressing the feedback and are trying to silence the issue.

Agreed. What on earth are they thinking here...? This doesn't look professional or respectful at all. And the most straightforward people in that topic said they'd consider the matter closed if they were just given a simple no. If that's why it was deleted, it would be more productive to have just said they were told no by the higher-ups followed by a lock. This is really not a good look for customer satisfaction and yet another notch in the post of things that have been done badly on the PC release.

Feels good to see how they delete my theme. sega+microsoft=trash

I mean all deleting it has done is cause it to spread into multiple smaller topics . I don’t think clean up duty has really done them an awful lot of favors with the classic radio silence . There just seems to be too much support (or posts anyway) regarding the topic .

@RagnarokSlayer said in Topic deleted?:

I mean all deleting it has done is cause it to spread into multiple smaller topics . I don’t think clean up duty has really done them an awful lot of favors with the classic radio silence . There just seems to be too much support (or posts anyway) regarding the topic .

Doesn't help I told Sega to eat a bag of dicks.

For me the biggest confusion is what's going on. I got a notification saying GM Sirius and 7 others had posted in the topic, but clicking it says access denied.

Did the GM say something we should see, and does it answer anything? If it was explaining why the topic was closed it doesn't really help to post it and then stop people being able to see it! Maybe it was meant to be a simple lock and it was given an access restriction by mistake

Did anyone see what their post said?

@Miraglyth said in Topic deleted?:

For me the biggest confusion is what's going on. I got a notification saying GM Sirius and 7 others had posted in the topic, but clicking it says access denied.

Did the GM say something we should see, and does it answer anything? If it was explaining why the topic was closed it doesn't really help to post it and then stop people being able to see it! Maybe it was meant to be a simple lock and it was given an access restriction by mistake

Did anyone see what their post said?

@Morgothryuzaki said in Topic deleted?:

It was deleted because people keep arguing and its been up since day one. Dragged on forever and apparently it became non civilized . Words of a GM themselves.

When someone says "apparently", let alone someone who I thought was participating in the lack of civility, I don't have to take that as gospel.

Not a slight, I'm just trying to understand if there was a clear explanation given and if so what it was.

@Miraglyth the gm said that everyone was being uncivil and the thread will be deleted

@Miraglyth said in Topic deleted?:

When someone says "apparently", let alone someone who I thought was participating in the lack of civility, I don't have to take that as gospel.

Not a slight, I'm just trying to understand if there was a clear explanation given and if so what it was.

He saw the reply.

@ITS-HAIRTIME said in Topic deleted?:

@Miraglyth the gm said that everyone was being uncivil and the thread will be deleted

Alright. Still seems like a very questionable approach considering way more offensive topics (and the topics themselves, not simply hostile players gatecrashing them) have been simply locked.

But hey, the people who barged into a topic for a fair request they had no interest in wanted the topic gone, and it seems that was in the GMs' interests too. What can you do. 🤷

@Miraglyth u mean this? https://gyazo.com/35f963df3f5d3779357a4a13134beebc https://gyazo.com/029ce8956123c810c8874d677a5d46c3

Seems like only me and staff can see the post now. Anyway, im ok about the idea of deleting it because it was a toxic topic but their silence about the problems is really disgusting.

@Edroiz said in Topic deleted?:

@Miraglyth u mean this? https://gyazo.com/35f963df3f5d3779357a4a13134beebc https://gyazo.com/029ce8956123c810c8874d677a5d46c3

Yes. Posting the reason for deleting (admin-locking) a topic loses much of its meaning when you post it in the topic that gets deleted so nobody who needs to read it can!

Thank you for sharing this. I hope it was allowable to do so. This would have been much cleaner if it was simply locked, though from a PR perspective I understand there are advantages to hiding it away from critical eyes like those of journalists who have really held the state of the PC launch to account.

@Edroiz said in Topic deleted?:

im ok about the idea of deleting it because it was a toxic topic

Again, no. The topic itself was perfectly reasonable, and most people supporting it agreed that the name was a bit strong in wording. The consensus within the topic was that all they had to do was say no to close the matter (which was ultimately never done, shamefully). The only thing toxic was the people crashing into it with malice and vitriol and the people who took their bait.

It's a shame if they really deleted it because people were a bit hotheaded but probably worse if this was genuinely an attempt at censoring us, unfortunately either way it's ain't looking good here.

I would understand if they did that to avoid that this thread gets used out of context.

Don't let history of that thread died my dude. Probably the longest thread the forum has lol.