Guide: Best MAG for free players.

So I'm going to post the best MAG for free players that don't want to spend AC.

MEL, RNG, or TEC needs to be a total of 150 or 100 (This is base off race and class you want to use.)

DEX needs to be 50 or100

This MAG will work for main and sub Braver, Bouncer, Hero (not sub-able), Phantom (sub-able), and Etoile (sub-able) Class.

Braver, Bouncer, and Phantom use DEX

Hero and Etoile use MEL, RAG, or TEC

This part here are class tree skills

• Braver MAG = DEX Converts to MEL and RNG 100%

• Bouncer MAG = DEX Converts to MEL and TEC 100%

• Hero MAG = Converts Total attack stats and redistributes them into MEL, RNG and TEC 100%

• Phantom MAG = DEX Converts to MEL, RNG, and TEC 100%

• Etoile MAG = Converts Total attack stats and redistributes them into MEL, RNG and TEC 100%

Example 1 - 100 MEL, 25 RNG, 25 TEC, 50 DEX

Example 2 - 150 MEL, 0 RNG, 0 TEC, 50 DEX

So right now I'm playing with 50/50/50/50 base mag, and so far working really well.

Setsunas_Mag_2020-07-13_112455.png

So there you have it the best and optimal free MAG for players that don't want to spend AC and play all classes on one character.

Just make three characters free, with one mag each, and main a specific class on each of them. IE:

Character 1: Any Tech Type (Techer, Force, Summoner)

Character 2: Any Melee Type (Hunter, Fighter, Etoile, etc.)

Character 3: Any Ranged Type (Ranger, Gunner, etc.)

@coldreactive that's too much work.

@animeregion said in Best MAG for free players.:

¯\(ツ)

o/ =^.^=

Until a later update, it's also the only way to get lots of Lambda Grinders/etc. IE: Having multiple characters.

Got about 153 Lambda got no use for them atm.

Got about 153 Lambda got no use for them atm.

I have none, since I have like three 13-star pieces of gear. But I already discussed this in the appropriate thread.

@coldreactive my mistake here is what I have.

026548910.jpg

Ok back to the topic if you have a best mag for free players other then a pure mags feel free to post it.

This isn't rocket science, you have 200 points you put them wherever you want. Generally i don't mind a mixed Mag, even for classes that don't have a DEX Mag skill, because DEX let's you low roll some incoming damage, which is noticeable at higher numbers, but most people will still prefer pure.

Ok back to the topic if you have a best mag for free players other then a pure mags feel free to post it.

I'll post the best mags for free players:
200 MEL
or
200 RNG
or
200 TEC

Anything else isn't the best regardless of what kind of player you are.

@Pandas-On-Fire I did say other then a pure mags. I don't get why people are fix on pure mags. There are 13 different mags out there, why only fixed on 4 of them?

Every point of the mag not contributing to what you are doing is a wasted point, and equal to having not raised the mag that additional level.

In the long run it doesn't technically matter. However if you want to be the very best, like no one ever was, every point is important.

EDIT: But just... avoid defense stats. It wouldn't be so bad if they weren't split into three; as they are, each defense stat is effectively only 1/3 the value of the others.

@Pandas-On-Fire You forget the pure DEX mag classes, but yes generally people will want to maximize their damage potential and compensate lack of defensive stats with "just don't get hit". It's not working for every player but i personally think the Mag is the wrong place to get more beef out.

If players are that indecisive to pick a class, I'm sure they would enjoy having more choices in terms of customization aswell, so multiple characters is definitely a good choice here, but in the grand scheme of thing you aren't gonna notice a suboptimal mag that much. You might have trouble hitting some weapon requirements though

Yes, if you want more beef learn how to affix gear and grab a bunch of HP bonuses. A high HP stat is deceptively easy to get.

The problem with the mag defense stats is, because you can only produce 200 points worth of each given stat, you either miss out on the other two or split the points up between three values. It's difficult to determine exactly what type of damage a given attack might hit you with, so you either end up 2/3 defenseless or just have less total invested defense. Whereas the attack stats, given you're using that damage type, give its full listed value at all times.

Now you could try doing something jazzy like splitting between multiple attack stats, but you are unlikely to use those stats in equal measure at all times and they wind up being "wasted points" for any duration you aren't using that stat. This is why it's efficient to either create multiple characters and use a particular mag build per character, or purchase additional mags and switch between mags for what your build or class requires.

So there you have it the best and optimal free MAG for players that don't want to spend AC and play all classes on one character.

That's what was posted from the start.

My Mag Stats

MEL 50 TEC 50 DEX 100

Attacks 1 Zonde 2 DEX SP (Shield)

Support 1 HP Recovery A 2 PP Recovery J 3 Stat Boost H 4 none 5 none