Paid for an extra character slot. Lost it when I deleted a character.

@coldreactive said in Paid for an extra character slot. Lost it when I deleted a character.:

@Gamers-are-so-oppressed said in Paid for an extra character slot. Lost it when I deleted a character.:

Hopefully skill trees too.

Probably level-based skills/traits like FFXIV maybe. I noticed that Force in NGS had photon bullet already at level 5 or lower, and Barta/Foie/etc. all home in. Making Force far more fluid and easier than ever. We might even see the removal or rework of some techs as a result.

I hope so. I think skill trees are neat but at the end of the day they are generally filled with some useless skills and most classes have a very specific meta skill tree that just wins out over all the others so "build diversity" is never ultimately a thing but more so an accident from more casual / new players that will ultimately have to purchase a skill reset later.

I know people in this thread are busy screaming about how it tells you this. But honestly it really should be a character slot and not just the character that is bought with the ticket, excuses of well the JP version does this too, don't float either I never said they don't, but I still think it should be changed in general. I have bought a character knowing how this works and don't plan on deleting them, so I am not a person that knows nothing about this.

If the items, meseta, etc, that you can get from remaking the character is the only issue there are other ways to prevent this while still making these an actual slot. They could make the slots turn into a placeholder instead of the slot being replaced if you buy another ticket after deleting the previous character, and make it so that any character created in that spot has the mag box mission marked as already completed (and give no reward for it) so you cannot reclaim it, and for the weekly client orders also mark them as already completed so you can't get the meseta reward that week.

Or they could do a less preferable way and still do the mag box thing and make you wait a week to recreate a character in that slot.

I don't get people that refuse to acknowledge that it really shouldn't be done this way, because it being a slot you're getting and not just the character can only benefit people. You know how this works you didn't make this mistake? So what it shouldn't be this way just because it is now.

It could be done better, that's undisputable. . . But it's been this way for 8 years long before we got our hands on it. This isn't me saying "Well since it's always been this way, it's fine!" but it is me saying that if it hadn't changed in 8 years, it's not very likely to.

What we CAN do at least, is:

1. Take your time creating a character you like. Sure, you might be excited to get started, but make sure you make something you really REALLY like. There's a lot you can change later, but there's also some things you can't. Be sure what you can't change isn't going to be a problem later.
  2. Read Carefully. No seriously, READ CAREFULLY. Especially if you're about to put some money down on it. Let the buyer beware. Failure to completely be aware of or understand what you're purchasing, especially when it's clearly outlined by the seller does not make it a scam.
  3. Regardless of how X game or Y game does things, be sure you understand how PSO2 does things. It may or may not be different, and it may not be in line with your expectations.

@Gamers-are-so-oppressed said in Paid for an extra character slot. Lost it when I deleted a character.:

@Kurumi-Tokisaki said in Paid for an extra character slot. Lost it when I deleted a character.:

Who actually future proofs like that am I right? xDDD

Exactly, just buy a new MAG when phantom comes out. Done. Messed up a skill tree? Buy a new skill tree, and then when you reset you can do 2 completely different trees, 1 char can be all except opposite gender/other races.

But that requires giving Sega money. At least they are going away in NGS so that is cool. Hopefully skill trees too.

A new character costs 500AC, new mag ticket 300AC, if people can afford a character, why not a mag ticket.

@ThirdChild-ZKI said in Paid for an extra character slot. Lost it when I deleted a character.:

It could be done better, that's undisputable. . . But it's been this way for 8 years long before we got our hands on it. This isn't me saying "Well since it's always been this way, it's fine!" but it is me saying that if it hadn't changed in 8 years, it's not very likely to.

What we CAN do at least, is:

1. Take your time creating a character you like. Sure, you might be excited to get started, but make sure you make something you really REALLY like. There's a lot you can change later, but there's also some things you can't. Be sure what you can't change isn't going to be a problem later.
  2. Read Carefully. No seriously, READ CAREFULLY. Especially if you're about to put some money down on it. Let the buyer beware. Failure to completely be aware of or understand what you're purchasing, especially when it's clearly outlined by the seller does not make it a scam.
  3. Regardless of how X game or Y game does things, be sure you understand how PSO2 does things. It may or may not be different, and it may not be in line with your expectations.

What is the point of saying it's unlikely to change. Stop that adds nothing, no point putting people down for no reason. Most likely the person who posts something knows how unlikely it is, pointing it out just makes it seem like it has so much less of a chance. I know this is the general chat section of the forums and that rule only applies to the in-game suggestions section but I think just using it as a general rule of thumb is for the best. I think GM Deynger said it best:

"Valid responses to player suggestions would include agreements with the players sentiments (so we can see numbers) and additional justification if they have it. Those who disagree can respond, however only by sharing why they disagree. Please do not tell others things are "not possible," or that they are "wasting Sega's time."

@Riesz I think the general point is there is a lot of things that are done differently in PSO2 and the great majority of the time, there is a warning message that tells you before something you may not want to happen, happens.

Buy an extra character slot and you keep it no matter what you do with it. That's what every other game that offers the service does. Players would be outraged if your outfit or weapon being deleted the moment you unequiped it. If you want to defend horrible predatory MTX then you should be taken for everything you have.

@Sparhawk said in Paid for an extra character slot. Lost it when I deleted a character.:

Buy an extra character slot and you keep it no matter what you do with it. That's what every other game that offers the service does. It's no different than your outfit or weapon being deleted the moment you unequiped it. If you want to defend horrible predatory MTX then you should be taken for everything you have.

No, people who don't read the terms and conditions of their purchase deserve to be taken for everything they have. It's put in place to prevent abuse in this game and it works fine. You pay for the ability to CREATE 1 CHARACTER, not HAVE ONE EXTRA CHARACTER SLOT.

@Kurumi-Tokisaki said in Paid for an extra character slot. Lost it when I deleted a character.:

@Sparhawk said in Paid for an extra character slot. Lost it when I deleted a character.:

Buy an extra character slot and you keep it no matter what you do with it. That's what every other game that offers the service does. It's no different than your outfit or weapon being deleted the moment you unequiped it. If you want to defend horrible predatory MTX then you should be taken for everything you have.

No, people who don't read the terms and conditions of their purchase deserve to be taken for everything they have. It's put in place to prevent abuse in this game and it works fine. You pay for the ability to CREATE 1 CHARACTER, not HAVE ONE EXTRA CHARACTER SLOT.

And here we have an example of a worthless apologist.

Apologist or whatever, If Sega tells you they are doing something different with their game, do you get to say that is wrong because it's not every other game does with their service?

@FANtasyStarOnline said in Paid for an extra character slot. Lost it when I deleted a character.:

Apologist or whatever, If Sega tells you they are doing something different with their game, do you get to say that is wrong because it's not every other game does with their service?

We are allowed to critique their ideas/services yes. I know it may seem like a wild concept but we are allowed to play their games and not simp for them.

@Gamers-are-so-oppressed I agree, but critiquing and demanding that each game company follow the same policies across the board doesn't quite feel similar, right? @Sparhawk isn't critiquing when he says "Buy an extra character slot and you keep it no matter what you do with it. That's what every other game that offers the service does."

Wouldn't critiquing be more like "The character creation pass feels misleading. The concept is foreign and vastly different from how other game companies utilize this service; Sega should offer a better option for allowing us, their loyal player base, to create permanent character slots"?

What is the point of saying it's unlikely to change. Stop that adds nothing, no point putting people down for no reason.

Not only did I NOT put them down, I offered reasonable suggestions as to how to avoid the issue in the future. People can disagree with someone's point of view without it being a personal attack. That is entirely possible.

Buy an extra character slot and you keep it no matter what you do with it. That's what every other game that offers the service does. Players would be outraged if your outfit or weapon being deleted the moment you unequiped it. If you want to defend horrible predatory MTX then you should be taken for everything you have.

Ah yes my favorite response. "If you don't agree with me I wish horrible things upon you." Try presenting an actual argument instead of resorting to ad hominem responses please.

@FANtasyStarOnline said in Paid for an extra character slot. Lost it when I deleted a character.:

We are allowed to critique their ideas/services yes. I know it may seem like a wild concept but we are allowed to play their games and not simp for them.

There's a difference between critiquing a game and bashing the game because it doesn't conform to your comforts.

The system is as it is because the game actively encourages the use of multiple characters. If you're not planning on using that at all then there's no reason to ever delete your characters. There's very little that can't be changed with things like salon passes. And it's cheaper to buy a new mag than it is to just make a new character. So why is it important to have it be a character slot instead of a character? If the argument is just principal alone then that's not something that can really be debated to a conclusion. Games do things differently and there's nothing wrong with that.

@FANtasyStarOnline He judged it compared to other F2P games? Did he do it in a more.... brunt manner? Yes.

@Knight-Raime I guess it depends on what you consider bashing? Anything that doesn't sound very nice about Sega or the game in general? Then a lot of stuff is going to come off as "Bashing".

Far as why have multiple characters, who knows? Maybe folks like having multiple sexes / races since they gender lock things for whatever reason?

They are definitely free to do things as different as they want. It doesn't mean they are good things or that people are forced to be happy with their decisions.