Paid for an extra character slot. Lost it when I deleted a character.

6 years later, a whole new server. Already translated. I see the same thread.

Ya'll gotta read the prompts on screen no cap ¯_(ツ)_/¯

My condolences to your Ac tho.

I have no sympathy... There is no excuse not to read, if there's a lot of text THERE'S A REASON! If there's an EXTRA STEP INVOLVED TO DELETE THE CHARACTER (holding CTRL if I recall correctly) then there is a REASON for this! They give so many warnings, so many steps to go through and people still complain...

@Kitsunefox412 said in Paid for an extra character slot. Lost it when I deleted a character.:

It is a bad as hell system. but why would you delete your character?

People delete their characters to farm freebie mag food and a certain rare pet sweet and resell them.

SEGA should just make those items account bound and sell proper character slots.

Also, newly created characters have 5 hour grace period for the salon, which will be useful for fine tuning character creation.

@Kitsunefox412 said in Paid for an extra character slot. Lost it when I deleted a character.:

Maybe you are unhappy with the race/gender.

Apparently people doesn't read before they do things

It would be nice if they changed it but at the very least, the price of a character is half the price of other MMO’s so it’s incentive to just make a new one rather than delete. I don’t care for a couple of my alts but I still use them for gathering, ect.

I’d give SEGA all my money if they let me change my race, though it hasn’t happened in eight years and probably never will. It would make my alts more fun.

hrm... just to point out, the fresh finds does not actually warn you if you already own something. you have to manually go through all your own stuff and see if you have it. It doesn't have a pop up or text of any type to say if you already own something like it does if you look at something on the shops, scratch prize list, or from your inventory. I made the same mistake too not knowing i had an emote already because it didn't give the pop up. Though i didn't make a ticket for it, because you do at least get the warning that the purchase is permanent etc. at the very least, so didn't waste my time. Lesson learned, take the time and just go through my pages of emotes and outfits before purchase lol. (a way to organize fashion and emotes would be awesome btw)...

As for the character slot issue. It does warn you when you purchase the slot that it's not permanent. Most people I know do not read those little pop-up prompts though and just hit enter. I read things. I learned a long time ago, read everything. Most people now are so used to seeing the same exact prompts popup when they do things across various games they do not read them anymore (if they ever did in first place). So yes, a lot of people fall into that trap as it were. Not Sega's fault. While in a way I may not agree with it, because, I do like paying for a permanent character slot personally, as someone said, other than a race change, anything can be fixed on a character from within the game. Not every company is going to follow the same business models or purchase options. They shouldn't have to. They give you warning in clear wording upon purchase.

So while I can understand and sympathize to a point with players on this, as it's not an "industry norm" as it were... I'm honestly more annoyed at people in general not reading things. Everyone rushes everything these days, reads nothing, and then wants to complain when it bites them in the rear.

Sounds like a learn to read problem

@condor said in Paid for an extra character slot. Lost it when I deleted a character.:

People delete their characters to farm freebie mag food and a certain rare pet sweet and resell them.

SEGA should just make those items account bound and sell proper character slots.

The thing is. On a character with only one mag, you usually just do Pure DEX (Due to Phantom Sub/multi-classing/etc.) Each character you make after would only choose one class to main rather than multi-classing. So you'd choose the best pure mag for that specific class instead. This renders farming Mag food moot. Plus, if you have tons of Ex-Cubes and Photon stuff (Which you're going to have an excess of no matter what), you're not going to need to farm mag food if you don't want to follow a feeding guide. Since you'd just use photon drops/etc. to get food devices for your specific stat.

@coldreactive said in Paid for an extra character slot. Lost it when I deleted a character.:

@condor said in Paid for an extra character slot. Lost it when I deleted a character.:

The thing is. On a character with only one mag, you usually just do Pure DEX (Due to Phantom Sub/multi-classing/etc.) Each character you make after would only choose one class to main rather than multi-classing. So you'd choose the best pure mag for that specific class instead. This renders farming Mag food moot. Plus, if you have tons of Ex-Cubes and Photon stuff (Which you're going to have an excess of no matter what), you're not going to need to farm mag food if you don't want to follow a feeding guide. Since you'd just use photon drops/etc. to get food devices for your specific stat.

make a MAG for a class that won't exist for 2-3 months, that makes total sense! /s.

@Kurumi-Tokisaki said in Paid for an extra character slot. Lost it when I deleted a character.:

@coldreactive said in Paid for an extra character slot. Lost it when I deleted a character.:

make a MAG for a class that won't exist for 2-3 months, that makes total sense! /s.

Who actually future proofs like that am I right? xDDD

@Gamers-are-so-oppressed said in Paid for an extra character slot. Lost it when I deleted a character.:

@Kurumi-Tokisaki said in Paid for an extra character slot. Lost it when I deleted a character.:

Exactly, just buy a new MAG when phantom comes out. Done. Messed up a skill tree? Buy a new skill tree, and then when you reset you can do 2 completely different trees, 1 char can be all except opposite gender/other races.

Exactly, just buy a new MAG when phantom comes out. Done. Messed up a skill tree? Buy a new skill tree, and then when you reset you can do 2 completely different trees, 1 char can be all except opposite gender/other races.

But that requires giving Sega money. At least they are going away in NGS so that is cool. Hopefully skill trees too.

@Gamers-are-so-oppressed said in Paid for an extra character slot. Lost it when I deleted a character.:

Hopefully skill trees too.

Probably level-based skills/traits like FFXIV maybe. I noticed that Force in NGS had photon bullet already at level 5 or lower, and Barta/Foie/etc. all home in. Making Force far more fluid and easier than ever. We might even see the removal or rework of some techs as a result.