Paid for an extra character slot. Lost it when I deleted a character.

Thats not reaching for excuses...it doesnt matter what other games do,here you are warned with a perfect description and warning what exactly the service is. If you cant read and understand its nothing but your own fault. It seems you are reaching for excuses by going"...but the other games...."

@Scerms77 said in Paid for an extra character slot. Lost it when I deleted a character.:

Thats not reaching for excuses...it doesnt matter what other games do,here you are warned with a perfect description and warning what exactly the service is. If you cant read and understand its nothing but your own fault. It seems you are reaching for excuses by going"...but the other games...."

Speaking of reading I think you missed a part about competition but I'll just join the band wagon if it makes you feel better. Sega does what Nintendon't am I right guys? xD

I didnt miss the competition part. Again,for you slower guys,it is exactly explained what you pay for. What more must a game do???

Maybe you better try to get off your anti-attitude.

Nah dude it is totally understandable. Just like when you bought a dance emote you already had and wasted SG. You deserved it. Why did you even bother opening a ticket? That was clearly your own fault. Thank you based Sega.

@Gamers-are-so-oppressed said in Paid for an extra character slot. Lost it when I deleted a character.:

Nah dude it is totally understandable. Just like when you bought a dance emote you already had and wasted SG. You deserved it. Why did you even bother opening a ticket? That was clearly your own fault. Thank you based Sega.

I dont know,what this case has to do with the topic,but you are right....that was my fault. But opposite to this case,there was no warning or explain that the fresh find items were cycling. And i didnt open a"meh! Scam!!! Sega Bad!!!"-topic, or did I?

So maybe you can explain what the one thing has to with the other? I guess not...You are just bitching around because someone has not your opinion.

The emotes have names yet you still bought the same one....Again,for you slower guys,it is exactly explained what you pay for. What more must the game do??? and you certainly posted about it. You seemed a tad bit upset. Enough to open a ticket.

1.PNG

You are just upset because you are basically OP. People make mistakes. Just like you did. I am in agreement that they should have read (Just like you) but again it isn't normal at all for games to give you a "permit" instead of the actual slot. I realize it is a lot easier to just blame the player instead of the game because you like the game. The bias is there.

We know they don't want to give you a slot because you can delete and remake and get the free stuff etc etc but this was a self made issue in itself.

Again,i dont think thats the same issue. If there had been a warning,i wouldnt have made the mistake to buy the emote a second time. Yes,the emote has a name,if i had checked it,it wouldnt have happened to me. But since there was no warning and i cant recall all my emotes from my head,i just thought this would be a FRESH emote in the FRESH-finds-shop. I wasnt upset at all,it was my fault,and I just opened a ticket to politely ask for refund. Sure that 200SG out the window did hurt,but i didnt blame anyone nor opened a topic about it. I just confirmed in another thread that this has happened to me because there wasnt an announcement or warning about it. So this very roughly compares to the character slot issue were everything is beautiful transparent. I hope this closes the OT....🙄

Just a reminder, this character permit restriction was in effect when the game was first released and you only had 1 free character, before they had ARKS Missions and even before they started giving out free All Skill Tree Resets (ie. there were no freebies to "exploit"). It isn't like the change to Ship Transfers where they had a legitimate reason to restrict them, rather it has always been a matter of making more money by making the characters non-permanent, especially when the total number of characters you could make was lower.

Even if it is clearly outlined (which it is, and people do need to make sure not to just rush through prompts), it doesn't mean that it isn't money-grubbing.

@Scerms77 No warning needed, just read and comprehend? 😆 You were under the assumption that it would be a new emote so you didn't even bother reading the name. OP was more than likely under the assumption that this worked like many other mmos. Not very rough comparison at all really.

@AndrlCh That is quite interesting to know and ultimately makes sense. At the end of the day a company is not our friend and a F2P game needs to make money.

@Gamers-are-so-oppressed said in Paid for an extra character slot. Lost it when I deleted a character.:

@Scerms77 No warning needed, just read and comprehend? 😆 You were under the assumption that it would be a new emote so you didn't even bother reading the name. OP was more than likely under the assumption that this worked like many other mmos. Not very rough comparison at all really.

@AndrlCh That is quite interesting to know and ultimately makes sense. At the end of the day a company is not our friend and a F2P game needs to make money.

No warning needed? Where does this come from all of a sudden? I referred to read and comprehend a warning,which there was none in my case... but I guess it doesnt make sense to converse with you on that Level.

No warning needed? Where does this come from all of a sudden? I referred to read and comprehend a warning,which there was none in my case... but I guess it doesnt make sense to converse with you on that Level.

Just read and comprehend but whatever you need to downplay your mistake and make yourself feel better I guess. Capture.PNG

Seriously,what is wrong with you? I didnt downplay anything,just stated the differences of these cases,that one thing is explained by a warning and the other was not. I also mentioned that it was my own fault and that i didnt complain anything other than asking for refund through a ticket and not an open rant where I blame anyone for my mistake... You twist things in your favour to make a point and have right,its ridicolous.

@Scerms77 said in Paid for an extra character slot. Lost it when I deleted a character.:

Seriously,what is wrong with you? I didnt downplay anything,just stated the differences of these cases,that one thing is explained by a warning and the other was not. I also mentioned that it was my own fault and that i didnt complain anything other than asking for refund through a ticket and not an open rant where I blame anyone for my mistake... You twist things in your favour to make a point and have right,its ridicolous.

I didn't have to twist anything. There is no difference. You both didn't read or do you really need a warning to pop up every time you buy something because you can't be bothered to look and see if you already have it? Just pointing out you are ultimately guilty of doing the same thing. You then made a post about it and decided to roll your eyes when Sega told you no refund as if it wasn't your fault.

Back on topic, Ultimately I agree with AndrlCh assessment if true. The fact it was even a thing before it could be abused for any exploits is pretty bad for a F2P MMO.

Argue aboute the notification as much as you want. You can't deny it's a bad system and a dick move to implement something like this. It doesn't serve any purpose other than scamming customers.

It is a bad as hell system. but why would you delete your character?