Paid for an extra character slot. Lost it when I deleted a character.

@Kurumi-Tokisaki said in Paid for an extra character slot. Lost it when I deleted a character.:

This is because you could abuse to rush to lv 30 get the special items, sell on market rinse and repeat otherwise.

You can do that with 3 or less characters though 😊

Necro language, do you speak it? But yeah, every other game I play gives permanent characters slots. guess this is one of the bads to weight with the goods of this game.

@Reilet said in Paid for an extra character slot. Lost it when I deleted a character.:

@Kurumi-Tokisaki said in Paid for an extra character slot. Lost it when I deleted a character.:

This is because you could abuse to rush to lv 30 get the special items, sell on market rinse and repeat otherwise.

You can do that with 3 or less characters though 😊

And when you do it with less than 3 you give up the ability to have more than 3. It's a privilege to have more than 3 characters and when you do you must use it properly with actual characters you intend to follow through on, and they can be used to harvest/farm dailies/weeklies for you still

Yeah the character slot permit is pretty ridiculous even when the game first came out in 2012.

but Sega good player bad so shame on you.

@Gamers-are-so-oppressed said in Paid for an extra character slot. Lost it when I deleted a character.:

Yeah the character slot permit is pretty ridiculous even when the game first came out in 2012.

It's not ridiculous and it gives you AMPLE WARNINGS. This is so people don't abuse extra character slots for level reward/bonuses

@Gamers-are-so-oppressed said in Paid for an extra character slot. Lost it when I deleted a character.:

It's not ridiculous and it gives you AMPLE WARNINGS. This is so people don't abuse extra character slots for level reward/bonuses

There are dozens of F2P games that don't take away a character slot after you purchase it because you purchase the actual slot and not a "pass". The abuse of the level rewards/bonuses is a problem Sega created themselves and plenty of other games get around this.

I'm kind of curious if you have any criticisms with the game at all, if so I'd honestly like to hear them.

The main reason why they do this is to charge people for getting rewards from weekly and daily ARKS Missions, such as the Tokyo Gold Ticket. In addition, the extra character storage undermines their payment structures for expanding character slots and storage. SEGA is just power playing the power players.

@coldreactive while I don't have issues with the current character system, you do realize that this character slot system been in place before ARKS missions and even character storage right.

Character storage was winter 2016, ARKS mission spring 2019.

So I don't really think those are the "main reason"

@HarmlessSyan said in Paid for an extra character slot. Lost it when I deleted a character.:

@coldreactive while I don't have issues with the current character system, you do realize that this character slot system been in place before ARKS missions and even character storage right.

Character storage was winter 2016, ARKS mission spring 2019

That doesn't mean said systems were being developed at conceptualization years before they came out. In addition, character inventory (and its expansion) is also a thing.

Why are you blaming the game for your own screw ups lmao.

You should've read before pressing confirm.

It's for keeping goldbots at bay

@coldreactive at least for ARKS missions discussed by devs on stream - it has nothing to do with character slot system but it's initial purpose was to break the monotony of people just spamming TACOs for meseta every week to give players more variety.

Please,not again. How is it a scam when people cant read and comprehend?😆

It is definitely the fault of the people for not reading but at the same time I can't really blame them too harshly mostly because almost no other MMO does this. I'd say it is a legit criticism but that doesn't fit the Sega good narrative. Far as "Keeping goldbots at bay" goes, we are already failing on that front hardcore.

It is definitely the fault of the people for not reading but at the same time I can't really blame them too harshly mostly because almost no other MMO does this. I'd say it is a legit criticism but that doesn't fit the Sega good narrative. Far as "Keeping goldbots at bay" goes, we are already failing on that front hardcore.

It doesn't matter what 'other' games do, in this game you are given a HUGE WARNING and if you still go through with it and complain then maybe you need to realize that people die in the real world because they don't look at warning labels or look at warnings... Start here, learn to read everything carefully and when something makes you go through multiple steps to perform an action there's probably a reason.

It doesn't matter what 'other' games do, in this game you are given a HUGE WARNING and if you still go through with it and complain then maybe you need to realize that people die in the real world because they don't look at warning labels or look at warnings... Start here, learn to read everything carefully and when something makes you go through multiple steps to perform an action there's probably a reason.

Again, I agree they should read and it kind of does matter what other games do because this game is in competition with other games whether you like it or not. Not everyone is going to handwave issues and reach for excuses like you.