Paid for an extra character slot. Lost it when I deleted a character.

Hello. I paid to have an extra character slot (to 4) because I wanted to try playing as a melee type class. You can't just do that on the same character because you only have 1 mag. I deleted one of my other characters because I screwed up his mag pretty badly and wanted to start it over. So I figure I delete the toon (which takes 24 hours 😠 ) and start it over, only to find I have to pay again to unlock another character. So buying the permit for additional characters isn't permanent it seems and is lost when you delete another toon. 😠 Maybe what I should have done is just pay for another mag or mag reset device?

@Richardaro Sounds like a bug, you should make a report.

character slots 4-12 are not permanent. it tells you that before you delete it.

You can fix a mag with excubes

@redPG said in Paid for an extra character slot. Lost it when I deleted a character.:

What a scam! seriously wtf

@Ki-Rin said in Paid for an extra character slot. Lost it when I deleted a character.:

@redPG said in Paid for an extra character slot. Lost it when I deleted a character.:

What a scam! seriously wtf

Not really there litteraly no reason to delete a character. everything about it can be fixed in game. albeit I only use alts as storage and meseta slaves personally

@redPG Lol why would you defend this? It's a horrid business practice and deceptive.

@PSYCOMMUnist said in Paid for an extra character slot. Lost it when I deleted a character.:

@redPG Lol why would you defend this? It's a horrid business practice and deceptive.

Because it literally says when you attempt to delete a 4th+ character. There's also lots of threads on this. It's also in my pinned Guides & Help Mega-Thread

@coldreactive I'd say the only real and legitimate complaint about that whole thing would be that it isn't specified before you purchase the character slot but i can't tell for sure really since i haven't purchased it or attempted to.

Imagine paying money to buy a new car from a dealership, but the moment the car runs out of gas you have to give it back and they get to keep your money.

Yeah most people will agree the extra character slots are downright borderline scams. Most reasonable players will tell you to avoid purchasing one, but other people in this thread also make a good point. The only reason to delete a character would be to change its race, everything else can be fixed in game.

Personally what I do with my empty character slots is use them to change the color of my outfits when I want give myself a make over, instead of buying a color change pass I can just go to the character creator, find the outfit I want, customize it, then stick that bad boy in storage and delete the new character I just made. Of course this only works with starting costumes, but I digress, I'm not going to be able to do that if all 3 character slots are used up, so being able to buy permanent slots would be ideal, admittedly.

@coldreactive But that's after you bought it right?

@Ki-Rin Yeah it's after they haven't said before, which is problematic.

@PSYCOMMUnist said in Paid for an extra character slot. Lost it when I deleted a character.:

I can see why ppl are upset it's happened to me but worst. I play this on PS4 also but in Japanese I deleted 10 chars at once before not realizing what would happen.

I thought I was buying a permanent slot. Now reading about deleting a character, I assumed the warning was if you didn't already have an slot paid for then you would have to pay to get one, maybe I misunderstood the warning. Lesson learned.

That sure is a scam and theft to me on there part. No other online game where I have bought an extra character slots have ever made buy it again when it got deleted and that is on other fp2 MMO'S like this one. I sure didn't see any warning when I deleted my 4th character that had to buy a slot again. They need to fix it then where you don't use real money to buy them. That's like you buying outfit and when change it to another outfit it deletes it.

@Wusscake said in Paid for an extra character slot. Lost it when I deleted a character.:

@Richardaro Sounds like a bug, you should make a report.

It's not a bug, IT LITERALLY TELLS YOU THAT IF YOU DELETE YOU WILL HAVE TO PAY FOR AN EXTRA SLOT. This is because you could abuse to rush to lv 30 get the special items, sell on market rinse and repeat otherwise.

Somehow even with the big warning, it makes you hold ctrl to hit accept ETC, people still don't notice?