[SOLVED] Premium Access do not activate

So, yesterday I purchased a premium access using AC ingame, as shown below : Shop Log

However, my Premium Access DID NOT ACTIVATE, I am still bared from opening my store (the game ask me to purchase a Premium Access, Oh the irony) and when I look at my profile stats, it does not show the Premium Access Duration (I would expect a date 30 days further and not the status "Not Used").

Basic Stats

Two things though, I found in my inventory a Gold Ticket (not sure if it's the one given with the prmium access), and all my previous and past purchases for Scratch tTickets with AC worked fine.

Any idea how to solve this ? Is there a way to contact a GM or someone who could activate my access ?

To activate Premium, you have to use the Premium Set Ticket that you purchased (ie. just purchasing the Premium Set does not activate it). If you did use the Premium Set Ticket, then you should submit a support ticket on the support site ( under Support > Contact Us at the top of the site). If you did not use the Ticket, it should be in your consumables tab, either in your Inventory or Storage. It is a separate Ticket from the Mission Pass Gold Ticket.

@AndrlCh Thanks a lot for your answer, I did check ALL my inventories/Storage (that's were I found this Mission Pass Gold Ticket) of course but could not find a Premium Set Ticket.

That said, I will triple check again prior to opening a support ticket.

@AndrlCh said in Premium Access do not activate:

To activate Premium, you have to use the Premium Set Ticket that you purchased

Well, I discovered that famous Premium Set Ticket in my storage. I just feel dumb now 😌