Thoughts on MSStore issues...

hello. first, let me state i didn't much have any issue with downloading, installing and playing the game through MSStore.

HOWEVER, one thing i have observed is what appears to be this... the MSStore is serving us NA related assets. and the launcher is downloading the base Japanese client plus patch/update data.

to me it seems like this is not the right order to do it... Windows is treating the game as a modded app, but it is treating the data downloaded through launcher as the modded data. problem is there, i think. we should be downloading the base Japanese client from the store, and the launcher would download the NA assets and patch/update data.

just a thought!

at any rate, i do understand the gripes. there is good reasons it has been 2 years since last touching MSStore for anything -_^ MSStore is indeed known to cause issues, but i think maybe is possible this not a MSStore issue. at least, not entirely.

as for the lobby lag issue. this is seems totally unrelated to the MSStore. appears to have something to do with the launcher.

again, just a thought.

most likely an unrelated issue... [spoiler] the only issue i personally encountered was with Gaming Services. trying to launch the game simply took me to the MSStore page for Gaming Services, which was already installed. a quick uninstall and re-install fixed it, but only temporarily. uninstall, restart pc and reinstall, same. uninstall, restart, reinstall, restart again... same, the fix was only temporary. i had to uninstall, restart PC and delete a folder for Gaming Services somewhere in WindowsApps. reinstall and reboot again for good measure. [/spoiler] bold end

Ideally SEGA would ditch the launcher and just place the whole game in the Microsoft Store. At least then 99% of these weird issues that people are experiencing would be eliminated.

@segagamer said in Thoughts on MSStore issues...:

Ideally SEGA would ditch the launcher and just place the whole game in the Microsoft Store. At least then 99% of these weird issues that people are experiencing would be eliminated.

not really! the launcher is important and should stay. i don't know why the launcher is causing this issue, but it appears to be the same issue other games can encounter. there are games that suffer a similar issue that is resolved by skipping the launcher. these games aren't even installed through the MSStore.

it seems to be at fault of the developer. GTA V was experiencing issues sometime back. it was reported skipping the launcher fixed them. i know these issues too. in the end Rockstar had to be the ones to fix it, because the launcher wasn't properly setting something. hell, there are some game developer who refuse to fix this common issue, claiming it is all on Microsoft. 100% on the developer.

this particular issue with the launcher has nothing to do with the MSStore. and is more related to the OS itself.

in the end, it just doesn't seem like any of the issues people are having actually come from the MSStore. it seems like Sega made a mistake and will just have to fix it.

if what i am saying is true, then either...

A.) people will have to delete/uninstall the game and re-download/install through the MSStore to get proper the base client game data.

or

B.) download the additional 12GB through the launcher. this would consume that extra 12GB in storage.

or

C.) delete everything from the MSStore and only put the launcher and its base requirements for running. people will still have to download that 12GB again, but it won't consume extra space. this might not actually solve the issue.