Xbox release?

@Hengbok If i get word that they are giving out PSO2 codes of any kind i will get to the movie theater faster than sonic himself.

@Hengbok said in Open beta when?:

My hopeful guess is that open beta announcement will be on February 14th, 2020. Why? Because they love us and want to surprise us! But open beta itself would be on a date after this weekend at least so that they can give us time to go and watch the new Sonic the Hedgehog movie first!

Happy Valentine's day twitter announcement for something is coming up! I hope xD

Yes, it will be a surprise, but i think the only hearts you will see in pso is on Pioneer 2 on Sylverant 👫

"Sometime this Spring" suggests not as early as March.

well this more or less sums up my question as well. i have an xbox, but i dont want to tinker with it for just one game. sad part is im not sure most people who want to ask about PC actually can, or at least are aware that they can since even the websites current login is stated to be specifically for and through the xbox userbase.

anyway a coworker of mine reminded me that the game was finally coming to the west and i got all excited until i figured out that the CBT was only for xbox users, so hopefully it will both maintain the cross platform servers that were in the japanese version and allow PC gamers in on the fun soon

@greykyanos said in [PC] PSO2 Closed Beta?:

the websites current login is stated to be specifically for and through the xbox userbase.

Actually, the current login system uses a Microsoft account, not an Xbox login specifically. This Microsot account login is the same one you'll be using to get the game on Windows 10 (non-steam), since it will be gotten through the Microsoft Store on Windows 10, and not a standalone download like you might expect it would be.

@oldColdReactive said in [PC] PSO2 Closed Beta?:

the websites current login is stated to be specifically for and through the xbox userbase.

Actually, the current login system uses a Microsoft account, not an Xbox login specifically. This Microsot account login is the same one you'll be using to get the game on Windows 10 (non-steam), since it will be gotten through the Microsoft Store on Windows 10, and not a standalone download like you might expect it would be.

Well, this is a bit tricky. A Microsoft account is required, but note that you actually have to login with your Xbox account specifically. You are required to make an ID for Xbox (obviously) but this might change once more platforms are introduced.

@Rzarcasm said in [PC] PSO2 Closed Beta?:

Well, this is a bit tricky. A Microsoft account is required, but note that you actually have to login with your Xbox account specifically. You are required to make an ID for Xbox (obviously) but this might change once more platforms are introduced.

I didn't know Xbox IDs could have spaces in them. (Since usernames on the forum are Xbox IDs.)

@Rzarcasm said in [PC] PSO2 Closed Beta?:

I didn't know Xbox IDs could have spaces in them. (Since usernames on the forum are Xbox IDs.)

I am not sure about this, but I do know that a lot of users have taken advantage of the username change feature that was introduced on the day the forum was launched, it was kind of hidden for awhile: alt text There are no restrictions for your username (that I know of) so you can pretty much put anything in there.

I thought the PC version was coming later in the year (whatever that means). I think that's why I don't see them talking about PC version to avoid the subject. If you go on the website and scroll down to the bottom it has PC coming later in brackets. I'm hoping it comes in open beta though. I don't have my hopes up because I don't see them talking specifically about PC.

@Harriet According to twitter PC is also planed for spring, maybe not the same day: https://twitter.com/play_pso2/status/1213892177224318976

@AnonMarc That's good news.

@coldreactive

Yes, this is my favorite thing about XBOX Gamertags. Allowing spaces opens up so many more username combination options.

My forum username is the same as my XBOX Gamertag.

@John-Paul-RAGE said in [PC] PSO2 Closed Beta?:

@coldreactive

Yes, this is my favorite thing about XBOX Gamertags. Allowing spaces opens up so many more username combination options.

fun fact, there was a bit of a happening a few years back on fortnite because they 'accidentally' enabled cross platform play, and the reason it got noticed was because playstation players were seeing people with spaces in their names, which isnt possible for them lol random fact that amuses me

side note to @coldreactive; i wasnt actually sure whether or not PC players could register, which is why i said they are either unable to, or are unaware that they can lol was originally just going to say they couldnt, but i prefer to speak with less certainty as it constantly reminds me i could be wrong, instead of having life smash me in the face with my errors XD

@John-Paul-RAGE said in [PC] PSO2 Closed Beta?:

@coldreactive

fun fact, there was a bit of a happening a few years back on fortnite because they 'accidentally' enabled cross platform play, and the reason it got noticed was because playstation players were seeing people with spaces in their names, which isnt possible for them lol random fact that amuses me

side note to @coldreactive; i wasnt actually sure whether or not PC players could register, which is why i said they are either unable to, or are unaware that they can lol was originally just going to say they couldnt, but i prefer to speak with less certainty as it constantly reminds me i could be wrong, instead of having life smash me in the face with my errors XD

PC can "pre-register" via the Xbox Insider Hub app on Windows 10, but this was misinformation, it meant you could register with the Xbox Beta only, despite the wording specifically saying you could pre-register for Windows / PC release and receive a notification through your Windows OS. (Since after the CBT ended, the beta for PSO2 is no longer listed in the Windows 10 Xbox Insider Hub app.)

@coldreactive its also earmarked on the website under 'play now' (or login) that way. IE theres only an Xbox button available in both cases, with the website footer showing "Xbox One", and then "Windows 10 (Coming Soon)"

and for any registration on the computer i tend to go through the website rather than the windows store or any such affiliate, which i think is the common reaction for PC players

dont know how long its been that way, but it also read that way a few days ago when i first looked; i only set up my account this morning because i remembered i had my microsoft account linked to xbox so figured it would work