Xbox release?

@Bashea yup 100% same here because this was my first time playing it and it was a lot of fun and i even got into the social part with the concert and dancing when it ended lol.

@Kenji2000 @FluffyShinobi @Sif For sure, after 8 years of playing, my community and I are still ecstatic about the NA release. It's fresh and exiting. We get to re-experience the game again. Plus the huge appeal to NA is the fact the community is going to be so large. That's something that the JP version lacks. Everyone's kind of mixed between English and Japanese, and there's certain blocks that the english players hang out in. The fact that this is going to be released on Xbox and PC is going to make the community super open and fun. I hope to see all of you in game. We'll be on Ship 01, so feel free to say hey if any of you see us.

I played the JP version(w/Eng patch) off and on but it never hooked me. Lots of stuff wasn't translated and even though I can read Japanese it still turned me off.

Really hoping they don't wait till March to do the open beta. I hope they take 1, maybe 2 weeks, and then launch open beta with release scheduled for late March, early April. Also hope they add PC to the open beta.

They won't have time to implement all the bug fixes that were reported in the Xbox release in two weeks. Unless they absolutely positively take all the time doing such. Getting almost no sleep and all that. Some of the bugs will be in the PC release too, mainly the optimization issues.

The client we're getting, PC or not, is definitely not the same as the JP version. Considering we only have a level cap of 75, and a raised minimum height for character creation.

Most patches on Xbox take like 2 weeks to get approved. So if they are fixing some hiccups and making improvements it's probably gonna be closer to 3 to 4 weeks til open beta at the earliest. The game is slated for Spring Release but that is like late March to June. It's better they get things right than to rush problems.

@PhantasyStar369 said in Open beta when?:

Most patches on Xbox take like 2 weeks to get approved. So if they are fixing some hiccups and making improvements it's probably gonna be closer to 3 to 4 weeks til open beta at the earliest. The game is slated for Spring Release but that is like late March to June. It's better they get things right than to rush problems.

The most annoying part of releasing on Xbox is that Microsoft requires you to pay THEM to test patches / content. Since they require a team of their choosing (IE: Microsoft's team) to test it. Which is one of the annoyances I had when I heard this was coming to the Xbox.

@oldColdReactive I wonder since Phil Spencer and Microsoft approached SEGA about bringing PSO2 to NA in the first place, if they struck a deal with them to help in bug fixes, patches, testing, etc to work around that hurdle?

Could lend to faster results and thus faster releases for OB and eventual launch.

@Sylus said in Open beta when?:

@oldColdReactive I wonder since Phil Spencer and Microsoft approached SEGA about bringing PSO2 to NA in the first place, if they struck a deal with them to help in bug fixes, patches, testing, etc to work around that hurdle?

Could lend to faster results and thus faster releases for OB and eventual launch.

In a sense, this is kinda what is assumed already. They are going through all of Microsoft's services and taking advantage of the Xbox Insider Hub to gain traction from outsiders of PSO2. As for bug fixes, I don't think they intertwine with that stuff, but who knows?

@oldColdReactive said in Open beta when?:

@PhantasyStar369 said in Open beta when?:

The most annoying part of releasing on Xbox is that Microsoft requires you to pay THEM to test patches / content. Since they require a team of their choosing (IE: Microsoft's team) to test it. Which is one of the annoyances I had when I heard this was coming to the Xbox.

Actually they stopped that towards the end of the X360 days.

@Rzarcasm said in Open beta when?:

@Sylus said in Open beta when?:

In a sense, this is kinda what is assumed already. They are going through all of Microsoft's services and taking advantage of the Xbox Insider Hub to gain traction from outsiders of PSO2. As for bug fixes, I don't think they intertwine with that stuff, but who knows?

I fully expect the open beta to include the PC version of the game. They gotta test that cross-play before it goes live officially.

I just need my fix, I am starting to shake from the withdrawls.... T.T

@Kindering said in Open beta when?:

I just need my fix, I am starting to shake from the withdrawls.... T.T

You could play on private servers for PSO:BB or PSU as I have been advised to fill the void.

@Plazza7020 except I cant play those on XBox

@Kindering I see your problem now.

The 2 week patch thing isnt the same for Beta stage games, thats the point of them being in Beta.

I agree though, 3-4 weeks minimum, but then we could see an open beta that rolls into the full release, a bit like Red Dead Online model.