Can we get confirmation on whether damage parsers would be OK or not?

This game has always lacked suitable methods to determine performance and contribution to your multi-parties other than vague guestimations based on content you are able to successfully complete solo or whatever other amibiguous benchmarks you can come up with.

A parser used to be widely used on JP version but eventually was not allowed.

What about for NA? I assume it would be the same but maybe not, who knows. Clarification on this?

They are running with the same Terms of Service as JP, since the servers on run by SEGA of Japan, so the stance is probably the same as JP. Based on the wording of the Terms, they aren't allowed though. All the GMs could say was to check the terms of service. You also have the final Practice Quest if you want to really check that kind of stuff and that seems like it is what the thing is there for to begin with according to what others have said.

Asking a dev about parsers is essentially the same as this...

"Hey officer, are these illegal drugs in my backpack ok to possess?"

The answer is pretty clear. That said, you can use whatever you want as long as it isn't detected and you aren't dumb and announce it to the world and get reported.

Parsers are a no-go for NA. Same as JP.

@GM-Deynger said in Is using a Damage Parser a ban-able offense?:

@Ragnawind said in Is using a Damage Parser a ban-able offense?:

According to the General Prohibitions mentioned in the ToS, a damage parser is not allowed.

👍

@Z0DIAK-BRAVE Essentially if the parser is client-side and nobody can possibly know you use it you can but like i wouldn't recommend since it's bannable apparently you never know.

At certain infamous forums ppl claim parsers dnt get u banned if u keep the fact that u use them to yourself but most of the ppl that use parsers cant live without harasing casual/new players even in casual content, thats why some of them got hammered at JP Pso2...

@VoidEngineWhen That doesn't surprise me at all that they keep harassing people with this , people that use parcers always have that reputation.

Damage Parser is mostly used for elite gamer's that use it to weed out people in group that does not meet there expectations. It is illegal for those reasons and fall under that such as harassment of the said players, that do not meet there elite requirements. Just asking if its allowed shows that you may use it for its common purpose. For that I say for shame. Especially in a game that has all sorts of combo's and builds elitism has no place here.

Why would you even need that kind of stuff if not for harrassment purposes? Or because you are being forced out of parties because they deem you do not enough damage? If the former,then really this is extremely toxic. If the latter,just don't care about those people,they aren't worth the time.

@Morgothryuzaki Yeah, I've never really had that issue, but I'm not sure even if I did that anyone would even be able to tell it was me because....as stated...there isn't a way.

The point of parsers is to gauge your performance against others for the betterment of your own play. I do not see how this is some kind of sin.

Just because a few bad actors use it to be jerks shouldn't mean I'm not allowed to know how I'm matching up against my peers in multiparties.

@Zipzo I totally agree as a min/max perfectionist fanatic, but i won't use it because the risk still exist and i don't need it anyway.

@Zipzo Well, a GM has already confirmed that using them is against the TOS and would likely result in a ban. I understand why you want to use it to improve yourself so in the end the risk is yours to take.

I actually did not know they were banned in JP until reading this thread truthfully.

@Z0DIAK-BRAVE said in Can we get confirmation on whether damage parsers would be OK or not?:

Asking a dev about parsers is essentially the same as this...

"Hey officer, are these illegal drugs in my backpack ok to possess?"

The answer is pretty clear. That said, you can use whatever you want as long as it isn't detected and you aren't dumb and announce it to the world and get reported.

There were rumblings of quite a few bans for people using them over on JP from what I remember, not all of them being obvious cases of harrassing other players or posting screenies of their game with it on.

That being said I also think your analogy is a pretty bad false equivelance.

Damage parsers are actively used in most parties, when testing something out. Everyone I know that uses them has not been banned for it.

Tweaker had a plugin for Jp but much like FFXIV as long as you didnt talk about it it, it was allowed. I expect the mods Tweaker used for JP to eventually be brought to the us. At the end of the day your RISK!