Why does it take more than 3-5 seconds to add someone as a friend?

Like seriously, I take atleast 30 seconds to add someone as a friend just because xbox takes too long to open a single profile and its menus also takes a while to load (I'm on PC so idk if this applies to consoles). I would have sent much more friend requests if it didn't take this long. Why not just put friend requests in the friends list on the menu?

This is PSO2. Nothing is simple.

The JPN version has a simple Friend Request system. You send the request, they accept. Done. For whatever reason, the NA version only has the XBox Live friendslist as an option (probably one of the caveats MS put forth to shell the money for the localization, along with their platform exclusivity).

@AndrlCh said in Why does it take more than 3-5 seconds to add someone as a friend?:

The JPN version has a simple Friend Request system. You send the request, they accept. Done. For whatever reason, the NA version only has the XBox Live friendslist as an option (probably one of the caveats MS put forth to shell the money for the localization, along with their platform exclusivity).

Yeah I played JP years ago but I didn't remember how it worked lol. It trully is disappointing seeing how bad this launch was and how they overcomplicated things because exclusivity.

Its not the end of the world,what does it change in your life? Nothing. You wasted 30 seconds in a 34 hours long day. This is the kind of complaining that annoys people,complain about something that is an actual issue lmfao.

The friend system was purposely removed from the NA server to force people to use the Xbox live system instead. Its really dumb.

My bad,24 hours

34 hours! What planet is this? I need a 34 hour day!

Because Microsoft said, "how can we take this perfectly fine, functionally solid game, and make it the OPPOSITE of that? ... EUREKA! Instead of having it just release as a console version and pc version accessing the same servers like a sane company would, we can unneedingly integrate our garbage systems into the game, forcing the use of things people hate and make it a hassle for everyone! Awesome!"

On one hand I feel sorry for Sega that they probably have a million extra unnecessary hoops they have to jump through with the crap xbox integration, but in the other, Sega can also suck it for giving all the NA fans the middle finger 8 years ago. Lol.

@Tachaerus damn you! Don't we all?

@Morgothryuzaki Yeah, while it's not the end of the world, the amount of issues NA PC had made my overall experience to lvl 75 very mixed. I genuinely like this game but I can't recommend it right now due to its launcher/store/server state (which is also why some of my friends doesn't wanna play it).

So at the end what I mean is: Yeah it's a minor issue but minor issues keeps piling up and reflects the overall experience of players.

I only have one game on Xbox (pso2) so it doesn't effect me that much. But if I actually played other games on this system yeah it'd be hella annoying

You can always add them outside the game first.