Can PC Players get a non MS Store download option, PLEASE!

So yeah, there are a lot of us that feel strongly about this. Having 2-3 times the size of the game eaten up because the MS Store "Deletes" the game without actually deleting the game. Can the devs just give us a straight up installer for PC already!

@Wolf-Moonstar Your only alternative option is the arks layer tweaker for NA version, you don't need to download anything else and to use MS store.

Here's the link : https://na.arks-layer.com/

@Dracoco1214 I've started seeing stuff about this. Will try it out. I'm just tired of my game duplicating.

It works, for now. I tried it after the fourth install. Just follow the instructions, or watch a video.

@YoungOjiisan Tweaker is better regardless.

@Dracoco1214 said in Can PC Players get a non MS Store download option, PLEASE!:

@Wolf-Moonstar Your only alternative option is the arks layer tweaker for NA version, you don't need to download anything else and to use MS store.

Here's the link : https://na.arks-layer.com/

The only thing is, it still downloads the game from MS Store, so you still need the MS Store.

@Ragnawind Wait doesn't people mentioned that the tweaker download the game as well alone now? We need confirmation because i haven't downloaded it.

Get the tweaker

I have seen the AC shop doesn't work if you use the tweaker...is this true?

@Dracoco1214 said in Can PC Players get a non MS Store download option, PLEASE!:

@Ragnawind Wait doesn't people mentioned that the tweaker download the game as well alone now? We need confirmation because i haven't downloaded it.

Straight from the Arks-Later website listed under their changelog:

- The PSO2 Tweaker now supports installing the game from outside of the Microsoft Store!
- This means you can install it from scratch using the Tweaker, anywhere you want and on any drive.
- This also *theoretically* prevents the Windows Store from nuking it
- Please note that, for now, *you still need the Windows Store installed to launch the game* (which is done through Tweaker).

So i looked and actually installed the tweaker, just to say you don't have to redownload the game or anything assuming you installed it already, meaning you have no reasons not to download it really.

It is awesome the Tweaker has the options most gamers want to have...like, choosing where we want to install the game to for example. Anyway...install in progress. Looking forward to actually being able to play. (Thank you Charter/Spectrum for the 205mbps download speed)

Just logged on again tonight and it still works. This is a miracle!

I am using the Tweaker so I'll say this.

It requires the Windows Store to be installed. That's it. There is no more data from the Windows Store that's being installed on your computer. Normally,the Windows version has the folder called WindowsApp in the directory where PSO2 is installed with the Oxy folder in it. As you can see from my screenshot,there aren't any folders like this in my installed location.

Desktop Screenshot 2020.06.02 - 12.44.51.85.png

@Wolf-Moonstar I can confirm that it isn't true,I have purchased AC while using the Tweaker version. It is safe to use.

I assume the Windows Store is needed because that may be where the game gets your MS Account login data from. Just an assumption. But if true, no idea why it doesn't just get that data from the xbox app or whatever else. Also, as an apparently rare case, I've installed this game through the W-Store successfully and without any problems on my two computers. On my laptop, I installed it on C drive, and on my desktop I placed it on a secondary drive where I toss most of my game installs. It just created a Program Files folder and tosses all 70GB of the game there.