You're going to get your CBT items in the open beta, not in the official launch!

That's because the Open Beta is kind of a "Soft-launch." Usually it's the Open Beta that doesn't reset progress, rather than the closed beta.

@GamerKillance Oh people are far worse about not reading information outside of here. I see people ask on Twitter and Facebook everyday, when is the game release date? Now people are just making up dates for no reason. And when you challenge them about the source, they argue and insult back.

@Toy-Soldier-Ken said in You're going to get your CBT items in the open beta, not in the official launch!:

@GamerKillance Oh people are far worse about not reading information outside of here. I see people ask on Twitter and Facebook everyday, when is the game release date? Now people are just making up dates for no reason. And when you challenge them about the source, they argue and insult back.

The release date is spring. What else is there to know?

@oldColdReactive said in You're going to get your CBT items in the open beta, not in the official launch!:

That's because the Open Beta is kind of a "Soft-launch." Usually it's the Open Beta that doesn't reset progress, rather than the closed beta.

The closed beta isn't resetting progress either buddy.

@xBx-Austin-xDx said in You're going to get your CBT items in the open beta, not in the official launch!:

@oldColdReactive said in You're going to get your CBT items in the open beta, not in the official launch!:

I was just pointingo ut that it was strange that the closed beta wasn't resetting progress like so many prior MMO releases.

@xBx-Austin-xDx said in You're going to get your CBT items in the open beta, not in the official launch!:

I was just pointingo ut that it was strange that the closed beta wasn't resetting progress like so many prior MMO releases.

FF14 ARR didn't reset progress on the last few tests they did before it went live.

@GamerKillance said in You're going to get your CBT items in the open beta, not in the official launch!:

FF14 ARR didn't reset progress on the last few tests they did before it went live.

Yes, the first two of three CBTs they did. Legacy players didn't have progress reset. The last closed beta phase was when they added arcanist. I was there for the closed beta 😛 There was also an Open beta (for everyone, with no progress reset) and an "Early Access" for people who pre-ordered the game.

There was one rollback (an hour or so of progress was lost for everyone on all servers) because they forgot to disable an NPC that could level people up to level 10 from level 1.

@coldreactive said in You're going to get your CBT items in the open beta, not in the official launch!:

@GamerKillance said in You're going to get your CBT items in the open beta, not in the official launch!:

Yes, the first two of three CBTs they did. Legacy players didn't have progress reset. The last closed beta phase was when they added arcanist. I was there for the closed beta 😛 There was also an Open beta (for everyone, with no progress reset) and an "Early Access" for people who pre-ordered the game.

There was one rollback (an hour or so of progress was lost for everyone on all servers) because they forgot to disable an NPC that could level people up to level 10 from level 1.

that game should have been completely wiped considering the armies of bots that were involved.

@MEGAF1UX said in You're going to get your CBT items in the open beta, not in the official launch!:

that game should have been completely wiped considering the armies of bots that were involved.

PSO2's Premium obviously won't stop bots. Considering bots pay 20 USD for FFXIV for each bot account. (They don't subscribe, but there is a free 30 day subscription included. A week is enough time to get to 50+, even on non-preferred worlds that would have the +100% EXP Boost.)

Yes, bots actually pay money so they can sell the account at a higher price later. Obviously account selling / buying can get both parties banned permanently. I had gotten a person who was botting (a legit user, just using a bot program) banned early on in the game's life (IE: 2013), they just got their account back a couple years ago. They were using speed-hacks with the bot program to circumvent the stealth system slowing you down to walk speed while gathering.

Just goes to show you that reporting people DOES get them looked at eventually, despite people thinking otherwise. You just have to understand how to report bots that aren't RMT (Real Money Trading) bots. But people tend to not want to put in the effort, so they often don't get reported.

@coldreactive said in You're going to get your CBT items in the open beta, not in the official launch!:

@MEGAF1UX said in You're going to get your CBT items in the open beta, not in the official launch!:

PSO2's Premium obviously won't stop bots. Considering bots pay 20 USD for FFXIV for each bot account. (They don't subscribe, but there is a free 30 day subscription included. A week is enough time to get to 50+, even on non-preferred worlds that would have the +100% EXP Boost.)

Yes, bots actually pay money so they can sell the account at a higher price later. Obviously account selling / buying can get both parties banned permanently. I had gotten a person who was botting (a legit user, just using a bot program) banned early on in the game's life (IE: 2013), they just got their account back a couple years ago. They were using speed-hacks with the bot program to circumvent the stealth system slowing you down to walk speed while gathering.

Just goes to show you that reporting people DOES get them looked at eventually, despite people thinking otherwise. You just have to understand how to report bots that aren't RMT (Real Money Trading) bots. But people tend to not want to put in the effort, so they often don't get reported.

i seem to recall seeing literal ARMIES of bots fishing, i couldnt be bothered to sit there and report them all. after all im not getting paid to report them. i dont care if they pay twice what normal players pay, cheating is cheating and their social security numbers/cid numbers should be black-balled from online gaming period for it. that was one of the main reasons i never went back to that game, they essentially did NOTHING to undo all the damage the bots had done.

now that im remembering it i think they were also banning english speaking players bot not asian ones.. honestly though, screw that franchise.