PSO2 Tweaker Fix for Install / update / play without microsoft store! (AC shop will still not work whit this solution)

1.Update your Tweaker to 6.0.1.0.

2.Reset the Tweaker settings by going to Tweaker Settings -> Reset. Once it reopens, follow the directions to install NA. (Hit no to the guide, then select "I don't have PSO2 installed", then select "NA".) !!!Do not install PSO2 into the ModifiableWindowsApps\pso2_bin\ folder!!!

3.Follow the directions until the program restarts and starts to patch.

4.Enable Developer mode in Windows 10 - This is required to install the game and link it to the Windows store https://www.howtogeek.com/292914/what-is-developer-mode-in-windows-10/.

5.Once it finishes patching, download this file: https://arks-layer.com/docs/pso2_winstore_fix.ps1. Put it in your PHANTASYSTARONLINE2 folder (not your pso2_bin folder, the one above it!). Right click it and select "Run with powershell". It may prompt you about changing a policy - Just hit Y. Wait until it says "Fixes complete!", then press any key.

6.Rename your Program Files\ModifiableWindowsApps\pso2_bin folder just to make sure it doesn't try to launch from there for some reason.

7.Hit "Start PSO2" and enjoy!

7+.Optional final steps: 7) Turn developer mode back off (It's only needed for the initial install/linking) Clean up all the old Windows Store folders and junk data on your computer and get that space back! Thx to Allianc3d.

I'm pretty sure you still need the ms store for this, only that you didn't download from it.

@Neri6969 I just done what you can see above. The game working, no nuke bug and i didn't start the game from the store just with tweaker (there is a button on tweaker "Start PSO2" this will launch the game). It's working for me, if you have problem with the game you should try this method too.

Yes, I understand since I did try this yesterday, and seems to work fine so far. What I meant is the step #5 which from the arks-layer site also has this little title(well, not little):"Registering the game with the Windows Store" listed. Which I presume you still need NA ms store in order to link the files that you just downloaded and installed even though you didn't download from ms store itself.

Did you have ms store in NA region set?

@Neri6969 I will still avoid the ms store couse i won't trust them anymore. I did'not set other region for the ms store, im from Hungary.

@Muleck4694 For step 5 how do I reset it if I typed no?

i did everything thats been posted and it still opens a pop up saying a file is missing and the only thing there is the ms store, which when i install it from the ms store and hit play on the tweaker it works and the thing i noticed is when doing it like that your os drive doesnt get filled.

unless im doing something wrong but i do follow steps very closely so i doubt im doing anything wrong, either way screw the ms store

@Mabs25 said in PSO2 Tweaker Fix for Install / update / play without microsoft store! (AC shop will still not work whit this solution):

i did everything thats been posted and it still opens a pop up saying a file is missing and the only thing there is the ms store, which when i install it from the ms store and hit play on the tweaker it works and the thing i noticed is when doing it like that your os drive doesnt get filled.

unless im doing something wrong but i do follow steps very closely so i doubt im doing anything wrong, either way screw the ms store

Did you download the extra file to your pso2 folder and run it? I had a similar message until I activated the additional file for it. Make sure you do a file scan too as it will replace any missing files. I had to do a small update of like 20 files after a scan, also run the .exe troubleshooter in the program before starting. that worked for me in addition to step 5.

Thanks, this fixed my install\patch issue (which required messing around with folder permissions), and this also fixed "No Account" issue.

TL;DR: SEGA sucks that they forced windows store\UWP cancer crap instead of just releasing the JPN client translated to english, they will certainly not get even 1 cent from me because they don't deserve it, all we got is a big pile of bugged crap, with bad and unnecessary DRM.