Let us Reposition The Area Map, Please?

Seriously. It's a great map to have up at all times...If it were not smack dab in the center of your screen. Why can't we reposition it off to the left or right? Who thought it was a great idea to have it directly in the center of all the action?

Who looked at that and went 'Yeah. No one will EVER want to move it from there. I did good.' đŸ€Š

Fun fact, there was footage of PSO2's alpha (at some sort of showcase panel of sorts prior to users getting ahold of it) where the Character Information HUD Element (and party member HUD Elements) were in a different location than they are now. Same with chat I believe. (Though you can move chat and make it taller currently, just not widen the chat.)

@coldreactive said in Let us Reposition The Area Map, Please?:

Fun fact, there was footage of PSO2's alpha (at some sort of showcase panel of sorts prior to users getting ahold of it) where the Character Information HUD Element (and party member HUD Elements) were in a different location than they are now. Same with chat I believe. (Though you can move chat and make it taller currently, just not widen the chat.)

I just don't get who would put the big map in the middle of the combat and think 'This is the BEST place for it!' when there's so much dead screen at the sides.

And it's not hard to make it movable. 8 Damn years and NO ONE had a problem with it being the center of the combat when used? Maybe it's because I use a controller, so I can't bring it up and close it easily..

Still..8 bloody years; Move it SEGA. Or let us reposition it. It would take $5 of manpower to make it movable.

because is how it worked in PSO and Universe, PSO2 has many of the things of the older games because of the fans of the franchise prefer that way, yes the map is not that functional but it was that way since PSO, hell you could even get lost in PSO because the full map didn't appear in the screen only in the menu

@Jamesmor Nostalgia is a bad reason to prevent progress.

At least, they could make it so we can move it; fans can keep it where it's annoying and blocks the view. Other fans could move it to the side where it can be useful.

yeah no not gonna happen Phantasy Star Online is well known for the tons of menus and weird stuff, is their differencial from others MMOs, also this is better than having to open the menu to watch the direction you need to go while being attacked by mobs that keep spamming without limit

@Jamesmor So you're saying that moving the map someplace less annoying so it can be open all the time would..what? Kill the popularity?

@Eguzky I think they're actually saying there's enough precedent for it not to be changed that you shouldn't expect it to be now.

@Stretcharach I get that it probably won't be, but it SHOULD be. Player accessability should be priority #1.

Just use the mini-map? I can count on one hand the number of times I've opened the large version of the map in the past year.

@IlĂșvatar I use it on large maps where a rare item dropped from someone ELSE fighting. It would be nice to just be able to keep it up at all times by..I dunno..just moving it up under the radar already displayed?

Just an apparently heretical thought; the map being made useful by moving it. Wow.

Bump--because this needs to happen pls thx ❀

@IlĂșvatar said in Let us Reposition The Area Map, Please?:

Just use the mini-map? I can count on one hand the number of times I've opened the large version of the map in the past year.

Hehe, I bet you don't open the big map since last year BECAUSE it sticks itself smack dab in the middle!! ;0 ;~)

I don't use it becaue its in the middle and I've gotten some idea of what the hell the NPCs are saying when they say "Its in E-5, no A-2, wait.." ;0 ;~) That Multi... whatever it says off the screen and the Letter-Number coords are discernable enough as well on the right that I haven't had to open it again to check where the hell/what grid square I'm on.

o/ =^.^=

p.s. And fuck yeah.. ..let us move/respostion that damn map. 🙀 😾

No, I don't open it because I skip those boring e-trials and I don't need to see where drops are because I auto-pickup anything worthwhile.