Voice Acting for the "Drawn to Darkness" Urgent Quest Announcement is half in Japanese

When the anouncement for the Drawn to Darkness Urgent Quest is played, the first half of the voiced announcement is played in Japanese, while the second half is played in English if you have chosen to use English Voice Acting.

Video Proof: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Qxamqr4Fxg

I was about to make this thread.

Corroborating.

現在、全アークス一斉参加の、大規模なエネミー討伐作戦を準備中。The target is Harukotan.

I thought I was losing my mind the first time I heard it.

The announcement itself is indeed hilarious, but I'm rather disappointed by the fact they didn't fix this with the last maintenance. 2 weeks weren't enough to fix this simple bug? 😠

This was first reported about a week after PC release; there's been two maintenances since then.

I'm guessing since this wasn't reported beforehand and probably involves UQs that appeared before that point, it only happens on PC?

@Miraglyth said in Voice Acting for the "Drawn to Darkness" Urgent Quest Announcement is half in Japanese:

This was first reported about a week after PC release; there's been two maintenances since then.

I'm guessing since this wasn't reported beforehand and probably involves UQs that appeared before that point, it only happens on PC?

I don't think the UQs affected were on Xbox before PC's release.

Alright, simpler question then, is anyone still primarily / only playing on Xbox to tell us if they've ever had Japanese in their announcements?

@Miraglyth Also on Xbox, they speak the same mixed language announcement exactly as Treskatay wrote.

This also happens on Magatsu (probably only on phase 1, but I'm not completely sure).

https://forum.pso2.com/topic/4951/magatsu-announcement-voice-line-untranslated?_=1593324995289

And of course, not happening on the Virtual Planet.

So I suppose this is an UQ specific issue.

Also happens for Daybreak.

I honestly found it kind of cool, because I then know exactly which urgent is popping if i hadn't checked the Urgent Quest list for that day. I know it's a bug, but it's one of those rare enjoyable ones.