Rainbow portal?

Does anyone know the percent chance of finding a rainbow portal named "???" after defeating a boss? Sadly I got instta killed during the fight and it went away. Thank you. Do you get anything for killing all of the enemies within it?

I had one during a 50 AQ. It had a boss or two in there and the loot was much better than what you'd normally find. I don't know the chances, but it doesn't seem very common.

It's a Parallel Universe. They are EXTREMELY rare in areas where the quest ends in a Single Party Area. Most of the time, it's just a swarm of Rappies, but you can get some very rare clusters of spawns.

1. Does it have to be done solo or can I be in a party?
  2. Does this portal only show up while in an exploration? (Is can it appear while doing advenced quests, or sub/main quests?

You can do it in a party. No clue if you can find it during explorations but they definitely show up in advance quests.

@Greg942 They can be done in a party, and they only appear in areas that end in single-party zones (Expedition end-boss arenas, single-party ARKS Quests [except Subdue Za'udon], etc.).

I just had a Rainbow portal appear at the end of Abandoned Mine Exploration it lead to a weird ruin sky city there was Mob with red Dark Ragne I was able to beat him it was one hell of a fight nothing bunch of rares drop but nothing that was truly special. It was cool though

@Last-Outlaw04 said in Rainbow portal?:

I just had a Rainbow portal appear at the end of Abandoned Mine Exploration it lead to a weird ruin sky city there was Mob with red Dark Ragne I was able to beat him it was one hell of a fight nothing bunch of rares drop but nothing that was truly special. It was cool though

Rainbow Portals always spawn rare variants. It's two bosses, and they are level 80 at minimum. Dark Ragne's rare variant is probably the rarest rare variant of the game. I've only seen it once between PSO2 JP and NA.

@coldreactive I wish that I would have screen capture the fight it was intense died three times but. Used my half scape and two full ones. Lucky enough I did the mission with a full party of characters so they were backing me up. 👍

I've gotten it twice since the PC launch, so not "once in a lifetime" rare like other people have told me, but pretty rare. One was a frozen hot spring, this is why I always carry a "photoshoot" outfit with me. Got it while spamming AQs in the forest.

Got it twice myself. One was a bunch of rappies. The other was a Dragon X (Dragon Altar boss) with a female voice. Got me a bunch of mid level discs and some 9 star stuff. but it was on a VH run, so whatevs...

I wonder which is rarer, the rainbow portals or the Falspawn Den abductions on VH/SH time attack quests?

I have encountered it 3 times and one of those was by myself doing exploration forest in super hard

I've seen it twice. 1st i piped out just as i saw the portal. 2nd put me in this city like alleyway with the rare turtle ruins boss. Lots of shinies

ive gotten a few within 3 weeks (started 3 weeks ago). 2 times with Rappies, and once with this glowing Red spinny guy that shoots red balls and also charges at you. forgot his name (might be Rigshrayda). it took like 20 minutes with a Level 56, 60 and 67. it was tough and we all died a fair few times each... once it was just me alive and imagine a level 56 running away from a level 80+ to revive my team