Mouse/Keyboard inputs dont work

When I launch the game, I can use my mouse and keyboard to bypass the opening sequences. When it gets to the screen "Press the enter key" so I can login and stuff, nothing works. I can't press enter, or click it. If I X out of the screen or alt-f4 I get the are you sure you want to exit, keyboard/mouse work fine on that button.

I am on windows 10 may 2004 update version. Machine had to be freshly wiped due to MS Store unfortunately being very poor for most anything, so it is a fresh machine.

Tried disabling game bars and stuff to see if it was interfering to no avail.

oh.. i think the May update on windows broke the gameinput thingy~

@GcKkz Do we know is there is a work around they mention?

"No mouse input with apps and games using GameInput Redistributable An incompatibility issue was found with some apps and games using GameInput Redistributable and Windows 10, version 2004 (the Windows 10 May 2020 Update). Affected apps or games might lose mouse input. Note GameInput Redistributable might be bundle with apps and games and might be silently installed during the installation of that app or game.

To safeguard your update experience, Microsoft has applied a compatibility hold on Windows 10 devices with GameInput Redistributable from being offered Windows 10, version 2004.

Affected platforms:4

Client: Windows 10, version 2004 Next steps: Microsoft is working on a resolution and will provide an update in an upcoming release." Source: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/release-information/status-windows-10-2004?irgwc=1&OCID=AID2000142_aff_7593_1243925&tduid=(ir__l2ssx2116kkft0omkk0sohzx0u2xnqi966btadx900)(7593)(1243925)(kXQk6.ivFEQ-vSrEbUeKulnI26SMsBuT3Q)()&irclickid=_l2ssx2116kkft0omkk0sohzx0u2xnqi966btadx900#420msgdesc

@GcKkz Thank you so much!